2013 VW Nationals Day Trip

Hello Syncronauts,

Last Sunday a couple of friends, Bob Bell (who now owns Mark Boys old DOKA), Al Barden (applying list member, owner of a 2WD DOKA with 3.3 Subaru SVX and Syncro DOKA envy) and myself, Andy Sinclair (off the road Syncro Transporter, 2WD Caravelle and 2WD T3 Single Cab Ute) grabbed some cheap flights to Sydney to go to the VW Nationals.
We had a great day, saw many awesome varieties of VW but almost missed the many Syncro's parked outside the main area. Couldn't understand why at first but gotta say tho it was a really nice spot they were displayed in, more like a bush campsite which suits the Syncro (where they and others had camped the saturday night). Maybe next year if continuing to park in the same spot a sign on a car near the main gate directing interested people would be a good idea.
It was nice meeting many of the northern members(and checking out they're awesome Syncro's) to put faces to the names I'd seen on many posts, although I didn't get to meet Skot. Bit disappointed Phill didn't bring his amazing Syncro but nice to catch up with him. Great to see Hart again and the awesome Tri-Star!
I took this photo of an amazing later model South African Caravelle 2WD, fabulous condition and it was interesting to check out developments they made in later years... Different dashboard/ glovebox, bigger widows, body styling, different engine, etc.
Dinner in Chinatown and a mad rush to the airport capped off a top day. Hope to see you all again one day.

Cheers, Andy Sinclair.
I have an idea. How about a display on the inside of the show where the general public that pay their money go.

That's what normal people do!

Phill

----- Original Message -----
Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com

To:
"Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
Cc:

Sent:
Fri, 31 May 2013 23:17:55 +1000
Subject:
[Syncro_T3_Australia] 2013 VW Nationals Day Trip

Maybe next year if continuing to park in the same spot a sign on a car near the main gate directing interested people would be a good idea.

Email sent using Optus Webmail
Andy,

Shame I missed you - I had my low-light bay parked in the main display area and was circling the swap meet area for parts and yapping to everyone I could find including the syncro lads.

It was a fantastic day and hope next time we can catch up.

Cheers,

Skot

On 31/05/2013 11:17 PM, andy sinclair wrote:

Hello Syncronauts,

Last Sunday a couple of friends, Bob Bell (who now owns Mark Boys old DOKA), Al Barden (applying list member, owner of a 2WD DOKA with 3.3 Subaru SVX and Syncro DOKA envy) and myself, Andy Sinclair (off the road Syncro Transporter, 2WD Caravelle and 2WD T3 Single Cab Ute) grabbed some cheap flights to Sydney to go to the VW Nationals.
We had a great day, saw many awesome varieties of VW but almost missed the many Syncro's parked outside the main area. Couldn't understand why at first but gotta say tho it was a really nice spot they were displayed in, more like a bush campsite which suits the Syncro (where they and others had camped the saturday night). Maybe next year if continuing to park in the same spot a sign on a car near the main gate directing interested people would be a good idea.
It was nice meeting many of the northern members(and checking out they're awesome Syncro's) to put faces to the names I'd seen on many posts, although I didn't get to meet Skot. Bit disappointed Phill didn't bring his amazing Syncro but nice to catch up with him. Great to see Hart again and the awesome Tri-Star!
I took this photo of an amazing later model South African Caravelle 2WD, fabulous condition and it was interesting to check out developments they made in later years... Different dashboard/ glovebox, bigger widows, body styling, different engine, etc.
Dinner in Chinatown and a mad rush to the airport capped off a top day. Hope to see you all again one day.

Cheers, Andy Sinclair.

Phill,
Your one man stand on this forum both before and after the Nationals, badgering syncro owners to fall into line with your own self serving in-shed parking edict is pretty rich. Even more so given you didn't even bring your own. It's your own choice to run a market, curtailing your ability to meet up with syncro owners. That's your problem, not ours.

Eleven syncros attended the show, their owners made their own choices as to where to park and similarly I have no doubt whatever they will continue to make their own choices at future Nationals.
Your ongoing campaign berating syncro owners as to how they should fall into line with your own in-shed parking expectations will always fail. You could try gentle persuasion ... might work.
Ken 

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 06:56:42 +1000
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] 2013 VW Nationals Day Trip

I have an idea. How about a display on the inside of the show where the general public that pay their money go.

Phill

To:
Cc:

Sent:
Subject:

Maybe next year if continuing to park in the same spot a sign on a car near the main gate directing interested people would be a good idea.

It was nice to meet you Andy.
BenC
--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, andy sinclair <andy@...> wrote:
>
> Hello Syncronauts,
>
> Last Sunday a couple of friends, Bob Bell (who now owns Mark Boys old DOKA), Al Barden (applying list member, owner of a 2WD DOKA with 3.3 Subaru SVX and Syncro DOKA envy) and myself, Andy Sinclair (off the road Syncro Transporter, 2WD Caravelle and 2WD T3 Single Cab Ute) grabbed some cheap flights to Sydney to go to the VW Nationals.
> We had a great day, saw many awesome varieties of VW but almost missed the many Syncro's parked outside the main area. Couldn't understand why at first but gotta say tho it was a really nice spot they were displayed in, more like a bush campsite which suits the Syncro (where they and others had camped the saturday night). Maybe next year if continuing to park in the same spot a sign on a car near the main gate directing interested people would be a good idea.
> It was nice meeting many of the northern members(and checking out they're awesome Syncro's) to put faces to the names I'd seen on many posts, although I didn't get to meet Skot. Bit disappointed Phill didn't bring his amazing Syncro but nice to catch up with him. Great to see Hart again and the awesome Tri-Star!
> I took this photo of an amazing later model South African Caravelle 2WD, fabulous condition and it was interesting to check out developments they made in later years... Different dashboard/ glovebox, bigger widows, body styling, different engine, etc.
> Dinner in Chinatown and a mad rush to the airport capped off a top day. Hope to see you all again one day.
>
> Cheers, Andy Sinclair.
>
>
> >
>
The Club VW people are real happy about it.

To:
"_T3_Australia forum Syncro" <syncro_t3_australia@yahoogroups.com>
Cc:

Sent:
Sat, 1 Jun 2013 10:55:20 +1000
Subject:
RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] 2013 VW Nationals Day Trip

Phill,
Your one man stand on this forum both before and after the Nationals, badgering syncro owners to fall into line with your own self serving in-shed parking edict is pretty rich. Even more so given you didn't even bring your own. It's your own choice to run a market, curtailing your ability to meet up with syncro owners. That's your problem, not ours.

Eleven syncros attended the show, their owners made their own choices as to where to park and similarly I have no doubt whatever they will continue to make their own choices at future Nationals.
Your ongoing campaign berating syncro owners as to how they should fall into line with your own in-shed parking expectations will always fail. You could try gentle persuasion ... might work.
Ken

Phill

To:
Cc:

Sent:
Subject:

Phill,
Excellent news indeed.

Either way, when it comes to future planning, the adage ... "the customer is always right" assists as a prudent, contemplative and sobering fundamental.
Ken

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 21:34:33 +1000
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] 2013 VW Nationals Day Trip

To:
Cc:

Sent:
Subject:

Phill,

Ken 

Phill

To:
Cc:

Sent:
Subject:

Customer?

To:
Cc:

Sent:
Sun, 2 Jun 2013 11:16:41 +1000
Subject:

Phill,
Excellent news indeed.

Either way, when it comes to future planning, the adage ... "the customer is always right" assists as a prudent, contemplative and sobering fundamental.
Ken

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 21:34:33 +1000
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] 2013 VW Nationals Day Trip

To:
Cc:

Sent:
Subject:

Phill,

Ken

Phill

To:
"Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroupscom>
Cc:

Sent:
Subject: