Airconditioning

For all you people that find a standard car aircon unit does not cool a Syncro, there is a solution that definitely helps. We have a curtain rail behind the front seats that allows us to draw the curtains across behind the seats and in the middle section we have a clear plastic screen that can be dropped down and then rolled up out of the way when not required. This curtain system effectively isolates the front part of the van from the back and gives the poor old aircon a chance to do its job.

Cheers,

Dave Perth.
G'Day Dave,

Could you send some photos? Please upload or email, I don't get attachments to the group. I may be looking at doing something like this soon. Also I believe some other people have mentioned similar - interested to see what people have done. Looking online it looks like other vans have 'aircon curtains' available from the factory.

Cheer, Sam

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "deb38a" <david.beckley@...> wrote:
>
> For all you people that find a standard car aircon unit does not cool a Syncro, there is a solution that definitely helps. We have a curtain rail behind the front seats that allows us to draw the curtains across behind the seats and in the middle section we have a clear plastic screen that can be dropped down and then rolled up out of the way when not required. This curtain system effectively isolates the front part of the van from the back and gives the poor old aircon a chance to do its job.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dave Perth.
>

I would send some photos of the curtain/screen arrangement but my Syncro is in ARB’s workshop at the moment awaiting a component.  I don’t know at this stage when I will get it back.

Cheers,

Dave.