conversion parts

Hi all.
Contrary to what some of you have been told,and the disbelief of others,I have worked out how to send photos with email,I know, amazing.Here is some photos of my engine conversion parts.Most of it is from smallcar.The stainless exhaust,aluminium sump,engine mount,induction reverse kit,accelerator cable.The exhaust is full staino with flanges and mounting brackets.The sump is a full 5 quart shortened aluminium cast job.The engine mount is solid welded/bolted and powder coated to accept the VW engine mounts and skid pan.
The bellhousing is from RJES.It is aluminium cast,that allows the VW slave to bolt in its original place.The thrust bearing sleeve and cross shaft has been modified by Yurik(a group member),I bought the bellhousing from him 2nd hand from WA.
I am sending my Subaru wiring harness to RJES this week for modification including,engine light,vss,immobilizer and data connections.Richard is also reversing the Subaru coolant manifold for me.
I had my second ACL reconstruction yesterday so I am out of action for a while,will have it done for Christmas Holidays though.
Whilst I was feeling photogenic I took some photos of my fleet.
The Outback is my wifes.I bought it a month ago.She out grew her yellow Proton when we had Lily.With my Son due in 5 weeks I needed a station wagon(what about the Syncro,go easy thats mine).It has the same engine that I am putting in the Bus.It has come in handy sorting the wiring.I have already replaced front CVs and wheel bearings.(I could not get the shafts out of the hubs),it is a good car.
The XC Fairmount was the first car I built on my own.It has a 9 inch limo(out of a panel van),with Moser 31 spline axles and a detroit locker,C10 auto with shift kit and 2500 stall,B and M shifter,351,4mab crank,shotpeened rods with Keith Black pistons and molyrings.Holley 725 with an Edelbrock manifold,electronic ignition from an XE,Carter electronic fuel pump,racing sump,hi flow oil pump,2 1/2 inch extractors with single 3 inch exhaust,and AutoMeter gauges and Davis Craig fan.It runs 13.9 @ 100 mph on street tyres,not bad for a Taxi!It has a special place in my heart as it was my Grandfathers pride and joy.It was a ground up resto that took about 2 years.I would drive it no more than a handful times a year nowadays.It takes up a big chunk of my garage.Might sell it on day for another VW project,one at a time though.
I hope I havent bored you guys with my revhead talk.
Did I mention the Falcon has a Beeeffy rear end(beeeffy),sadly no double pumpers though,it has vac secondaries.(see who remembers that).
Thankyou Ben Croft.
PS,Les is this the correct way of sending attatched photos to the group?

Great photos Ben.

Congratulations on your new computer skills!

You are as bad as me running three cars. I have 2 kombis (1x syncro, 1 x 71 lowlight deluxe 9 seater) and a sensible 93 Toyota Corolla. Three regos insurances and all the maintenance = 1 big money pit.

I am sure you know the feeling.

Cheers,

Scott

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 11:59 AM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] conversion parts

Hi all.
Contrary to what some of you have been told,and the disbelief of others,I have worked out how to send photos with email,I know, amazing.Here is some photos of my engine conversion parts.Most of it is from smallcar.The stainless exhaust,aluminium sump,engine mount,induction reverse kit,accelerator cable.The exhaust is full staino with flanges and mounting brackets.The sump is a full 5 quart shortened aluminium cast job.The engine mount is solid welded/bolted and powder coated to accept the VW engine mounts and skid pan.
The bellhousing is from RJES.It is aluminium cast,that allows the VW slave to bolt in its original place.The thrust bearing sleeve and cross shaft has been modified by Yurik(a group member),I bought the bellhousing from him 2nd hand from WA.
I am sending my Subaru wiring harness to RJES this week for modification including,engine light,vss,immobiliz er and data connections. Richard is also reversing the Subaru coolant manifold for me.
I had my second ACL reconstruction yesterday so I am out of action for a while,will have it done for Christmas Holidays though.
Whilst I was feeling photogenic I took some photos of my fleet.
The Outback is my wifes.I bought it a month ago.She out grew her yellow Proton when we had Lily.With my Son due in 5 weeks I needed a station wagon(what about the Syncro,go easy thats mine).It has the same engine that I am putting in the Bus.It has come in handy sorting the wiring.I have already replaced front CVs and wheel bearings.(I could not get the shafts out of the hubs),it is a good car.
The XC Fairmount was the first car I built on my own.It has a 9 inch limo(out of a panel van),with Moser 31 spline axles and a detroit locker,C10 auto with shift kit and 2500 stall,B and M shifter,351, 4mab crank,shotpeened rods with Keith Black pistons and molyrings.Holley 725 with an Edelbrock manifold,electronic ignition from an XE,Carter electronic fuel pump,racing sump,hi flow oil pump,2 1/2 inch extractors with single 3 inch exhaust,and AutoMeter gauges and Davis Craig fan.It runs 13.9 @ 100 mph on street tyres,not bad for a Taxi!It has a special place in my heart as it was my Grandfathers pride and joy.It was a ground up resto that took about 2 years.I would drive it no more than a handful times a year nowadays.It takes up a big chunk of my garage.Might sell it on day for another VW project,one at a time though.
I hope I havent bored you guys with my revhead talk.
Did I mention the Falcon has a Beeeffy rear end(beeeffy) ,sadly no double pumpers though,it has vac secondaries. (see who remembers that).
Thankyou Ben Croft.
PS,Les is this the correct way of sending attatched photos to the group?

Scot,I am happy that the photos can be opened,because I cannot open attatchments still.DO NOT bow to pressure from the opposition to sell your toys.Go to work as often as possible to avoid conflict and DO NOT ask the finance minister for funds,as this will bring the subject up.''You dont even drive it,nag nag,it just sits in the garage,nag nag,it cost $50 to go to Cronulla,nag nag.They just dont understand.

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Mr Scott Pitcher" <spbconsulting@...> wrote:
>
> Great photos Ben.
>
> Congratulations on your new computer skills!
>
> You are as bad as me running three cars. I have 2 kombis (1x syncro, 1 x 71 lowlight deluxe 9 seater) and a sensible 93 Toyota Corolla. Three regos insurances and all the maintenance = 1 big money pit.
>
> I am sure you know the feeling.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Scott
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Ben Croft
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 11:59 AM
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] conversion parts
>
>
>
>
> Hi all.
> Contrary to what some of you have been told,and the disbelief of others,I have worked out how to send photos with email,I know, amazing.Here is some photos of my engine conversion parts.Most of it is from smallcar.The stainless exhaust,aluminium sump,engine mount,induction reverse kit,accelerator cable.The exhaust is full staino with flanges and mounting brackets.The sump is a full 5 quart shortened aluminium cast job.The engine mount is solid welded/bolted and powder coated to accept the VW engine mounts and skid pan.
> The bellhousing is from RJES.It is aluminium cast,that allows the VW slave to bolt in its original place.The thrust bearing sleeve and cross shaft has been modified by Yurik(a group member),I bought the bellhousing from him 2nd hand from WA.
> I am sending my Subaru wiring harness to RJES this week for modification including,engine light,vss,immobilizer and data connections.Richard is also reversing the Subaru coolant manifold for me.
> I had my second ACL reconstruction yesterday so I am out of action for a while,will have it done for Christmas Holidays though.
> Whilst I was feeling photogenic I took some photos of my fleet.
> The Outback is my wifes.I bought it a month ago.She out grew her yellow Proton when we had Lily.With my Son due in 5 weeks I needed a station wagon(what about the Syncro,go easy thats mine).It has the same engine that I am putting in the Bus.It has come in handy sorting the wiring.I have already replaced front CVs and wheel bearings.(I could not get the shafts out of the hubs),it is a good car.
> The XC Fairmount was the first car I built on my own.It has a 9 inch limo(out of a panel van),with Moser 31 spline axles and a detroit locker,C10 auto with shift kit and 2500 stall,B and M shifter,351,4mab crank,shotpeened rods with Keith Black pistons and molyrings.Holley 725 with an Edelbrock manifold,electronic ignition from an XE,Carter electronic fuel pump,racing sump,hi flow oil pump,2 1/2 inch extractors with single 3 inch exhaust,and AutoMeter gauges and Davis Craig fan.It runs 13.9 @ 100 mph on street tyres,not bad for a Taxi!It has a special place in my heart as it was my Grandfathers pride and joy.It was a ground up resto that took about 2 years.I would drive it no more than a handful times a year nowadays.It takes up a big chunk of my garage.Might sell it on day for another VW project,one at a time though.
> I hope I havent bored you guys with my revhead talk.
> Did I mention the Falcon has a Beeeffy rear end(beeeffy),sadly no double pumpers though,it has vac secondaries.(see who remembers that).
> Thankyou Ben Croft.
> PS,Les is this the correct way of sending attatched photos to the group?
>
As they say ..." its better to apologise for your indiscretions rather than doing the right thing in the first place and living without the fun".

Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 12:21 PM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: conversion parts

Scot,I am happy that the photos can be opened,because I cannot open attatchments still.DO NOT bow to pressure from the opposition to sell your toys.Go to work as often as possible to avoid conflict and DO NOT ask the finance minister for funds,as this will bring the subject up.''You dont even drive it,nag nag,it just sits in the garage,nag nag,it cost $50 to go to Cronulla,nag nag.They just dont understand.

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Mr Scott Pitcher" <spbconsulting@...> wrote:
>
> Great photos Ben.
>
>
> You are as bad as me running three cars. I have 2 kombis (1x syncro, 1 x 71 lowlight deluxe 9 seater) and a sensible 93 Toyota Corolla. Three regos insurances and all the maintenance = 1 big money pit.
>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Scott
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi all.
> Contrary to what some of you have been told,and the disbelief of others,I have worked out how to send photos with email,I know, amazing.Here is some photos of my engine conversion parts.Most of it is from smallcar.The stainless exhaust,aluminium sump,engine mount,induction reverse kit,accelerator cable.The exhaust is full staino with flanges and mounting brackets.The sump is a full 5 quart shortened aluminium cast job.The engine mount is solid welded/bolted and powder coated to accept the VW engine mounts and skid pan.
> The bellhousing is from RJES.It is aluminium cast,that allows the VW slave to bolt in its original place.The thrust bearing sleeve and cross shaft has been modified by Yurik(a group member),I bought the bellhousing from him 2nd hand from WA.
> I am sending my Subaru wiring harness to RJES this week for modification including,engine light,vss,immobilizer and data connections.Richard is also reversing the Subaru coolant manifold for me.
> I had my second ACL reconstruction yesterday so I am out of action for a while,will have it done for Christmas Holidays though.
> The Outback is my wifes.I bought it a month ago.She out grew her yellow Proton when we had Lily.With my Son due in 5 weeks I needed a station wagon(what about the Syncro,go easy thats mine).It has the same engine that I am putting in the Bus.It has come in handy sorting the wiring.I have already replaced front CVs and wheel bearings.(I could not get the shafts out of the hubs),it is a good car.
> The XC Fairmount was the first car I built on my own.It has a 9 inch limo(out of a panel van),with Moser 31 spline axles and a detroit locker,C10 auto with shift kit and 2500 stall,B and M shifter,351,4mab crank,shotpeened rods with Keith Black pistons and molyrings.Holley 725 with an Edelbrock manifold,electronic ignition from an XE,Carter electronic fuel pump,racing sump,hi flow oil pump,2 1/2 inch extractors with single 3 inch exhaust,and AutoMeter gauges and Davis Craig fan.It runs 13.9 @ 100 mph on street tyres,not bad for a Taxi!It has a special place in my heart as it was my Grandfathers pride and joy.It was a ground up resto that took about 2 years.I would drive it no more than a handful times a year nowadays.It takes up a big chunk of my garage.Might sell it on day for another VW project,one at a time though.
> Did I mention the Falcon has a Beeeffy rear end(beeeffy),sadly no double pumpers though,it has vac secondaries.(see who remembers that).
> Thankyou Ben Croft.
>

Ben and Scott
Love the reference to the 'finance minister' and your words of encouragement not to relent. Beautifully and so eloquently put there Ben. Nice to know there are others out there who sometimes feel silly in having multiple toys but knowing you guys are out there doesn't seem so bad. Really nice photo's. Well done.

Regards

Michael

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, 30 June, 2010 12:21:42 PM

>
> Great photos Ben.
>
>
>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Scott
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi all.
> Thankyou Ben Croft.
>

I was lucky. Joanne bought the syncro!

> Michael Rayner <mrayner51@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Ben and Scott
> Love the reference to the 'finance minister' and your words of
> encouragement not
> to relent. Beautifully and so eloquently put there Ben. Nice to know
> there are
> others out there who sometimes feel silly in having multiple toys but
> knowing
> you guys are out there doesn't seem so bad. Really nice photo's. Well
> done.
> Regards
>
>
> Michael
>
>
>
Outback = Spare parts

> Ben Croft <bencroft96@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all.
> Contrary to what some of you have been told,and the disbelief of
> others,I have worked out how to send photos with email,I know,
> amazing.Here is some photos of my engine conversion parts.Most of it is
> from smallcar.The stainless exhaust,aluminium sump,engine
> mount,induction reverse kit,accelerator cable.The exhaust is full staino
> with flanges and mounting brackets.The sump is a full 5 quart shortened
> aluminium cast job.The engine mount is solid welded/bolted and powder
> coated to accept the VW engine mounts and skid pan.
> The bellhousing is from RJES.It is aluminium cast,that allows the VW
> slave to bolt in its original place.The thrust bearing sleeve and cross
> shaft has been modified by Yurik(a group member),I bought the
> bellhousing from him 2nd hand from WA.
> I am sending my Subaru wiring harness to RJES this week for modification
> including,engine light,vss,immobilizer and data connections.Richard is
> also reversing the Subaru coolant manifold for me.
> I had my second ACL reconstruction yesterday so I am out of action for a
> while,will have it done for Christmas Holidays though.
> The Outback is my wifes.I bought it a month ago.She out grew her yellow
> Proton when we had Lily.With my Son due in 5 weeks I needed a station
> wagon(what about the Syncro,go easy thats mine).It has the same engine
> that I am putting in the Bus.It has come in handy sorting the wiring.I
> have already replaced front CVs and wheel bearings.(I could not get the
> shafts out of the hubs),it is a good car.
> The XC��Fairmount was the first car I built on my own.It has a 9 inch
> limo(out of a panel van),with Moser��31 spline axles and a detroit
> locker,C10 auto with shift kit and 2500 stall,B and M shifter,351,4mab
> crank,shotpeened rods with Keith Black pistons and molyrings.Holley 725
> with an Edelbrock manifold,electronic ignition from an XE,Carter
> electronic fuel pump,racing sump,hi flow oil pump,2 1/2 inch extractors
> with single 3 inch exhaust,and AutoMeter gauges and Davis Craig fan.It
> runs 13.9 @ 100 mph on street tyres,not bad for a Taxi!It has a special
> place in my heart as it was my Grandfathers pride and joy.It was a
> ground up resto that took about 2 years.I would drive it no more than a
> handful times a year nowadays.It takes up a big chunk of my garage.Might
> sell it on day for another VW project,one at a time though.
> Did I mention the Falcon has a Beeeffy rear end(beeeffy),sadly no double
> pumpers though,it has vac secondaries.(see who remembers that).
> Thankyou Ben Croft.
>
>
>
Is this possibly why you dont drive the Syncro.Jo wont let you!ha

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, plander@... wrote:
>
> I was lucky. Joanne bought the syncro!
>
>
>
> > Michael Rayner <mrayner51@...> wrote:
> >
> > Ben and Scott
> > Love the reference to the 'finance minister' and your words of
> > encouragement not
> > to relent. Beautifully and so eloquently put there Ben. Nice to know
> > there are
> > others out there who sometimes feel silly in having multiple toys but
> > knowing
> > you guys are out there doesn't seem so bad. Really nice photo's. Well
> > done.
> > Regards
> >
> >
> > Michael
> >
> >
> >
>

Skot / Ben,

My heartfelt feelings go out to you---the ultimate Vdub hoarders!  And don’t forget to count us in,  and Ken too,  I have just counted and only arrive at 5 ,1 each , 88 Syn  Discovery Camper, 89 Syn Tristar DC, 90 Syn Trakka Camper, 96 Golf TDI (her’s), 10 Caddy.  “She” actually convinced me to acquire the 90 Trakka ! But what she didn’t tell me at that time was, that the Tristar has to look for new horizons ! OMG how I’m to survive that????? And the “Nimbus” (88 Syn Camper)(from Nimbin) has to go too , no worries here, I only had it for 4 weeks.

Including Peter’s Camper we count 4 Syncros in the family. Peter installed his decoupler, the one he had bought from Florian, and I must say that Florian excels in service. He shipped in two parcels and charged an all incl amount which incl shipping to our local post office. Also his instructions are so clear and comprehensive that even a former Tax Commissioner could follow them easily,

well done Peter.  

Do we have a little Syncro camp at Valla ? I have not tried to book , hearing that all is gone, but I think I will just park my new acquisition somewhere under bright stars and dream of an Eberspaecher Heating system. Any thoughts on the Syncro Camp???  Hartmut

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mr Scott Pitcher
Sent: Wednesday, 30 June 2010 1:16 PM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: conversion parts

As they say ..." its better to apologise for your indiscretions rather than doing the right thing in the first place and living without the fun".

Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 12:21 PM

>
> Great photos Ben.
>
>
>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Scott
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi all.
> Thankyou Ben Croft.
>

Once upon a time, I had 14 T3's at the same time as part of my personal fleet of 27 vehicles. I used to tell my friends that if their spouse or significant other gives them trouble because of the number of vehicles they own, that should pay me a visit so I can fire-up the homemade hovercraft which was not included in the vehicle count.

I've since regained my sanity and downsized to 16 vehicles which includes two Syncro Dokas, a 2wd Doka, and turbo Subie powered Vanagon. It might not sound as challenging until you consider where I live. Most of the vehicles are in San Francisco.

I am semi-fortunate to live with a lovely lady who tolerates my hobby. The only downside is she keeps bugging me to acquire "...anything but another Vanagon..." other than that, she is perfect.

BenT

Sent from Les' sock drawer

On Jun 30, 2010, at 3:53 PM, "Hartmut Kiehn" <hartis@live.com.au> wrote:

Skot / Ben,

My heartfelt feelings go out to you---the ultimate Vdub hoarders!  And don’t forget to count us in,  and Ken too,  I have just counted and only arrive at 5 ,1 each , 88 Syn  Discovery Camper, 89 Syn Tristar DC, 90 Syn Trakka Camper, 96 Golf TDI (her’s), 10 Caddy.  “She” actually convinced me to acquire the 90 Trakka ! But what she didn’t tell me at that time was, that the Tristar has to look for new horizons ! OMG how I’m to survive that????? And the “Nimbus” (88 Syn Camper)(from Nimbin) has to go too , no worries here, I only had it for 4 weeks.

Ben
Now I changed a clutch in my Corolla while I was off work after a knee operation. So I reckon that you should be able to replace your rear wheel bearings OK! (and then you can tell me how to)

Phill

PS I have replaced front CVs, wheels, tyres, axle, front wheel bearing and I still have that damn vibration!

> bencroft96 <bencroft96@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Is this possibly why you dont drive the Syncro.Jo wont let you!ha
>
> --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, plander@... wrote:
> >
> > I was lucky. Joanne bought the syncro!
> >
> >
> >
> > > Michael Rayner <mrayner51@...> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ben and Scott
> > > Love the reference to the 'finance minister' and your words of
> > > encouragement not
> > > to relent. Beautifully and so eloquently put there Ben. Nice to know
>
> > > there are
> > > others out there who sometimes feel silly in having multiple toys
> but
> > > knowing
> > > you guys are out there doesn't seem so bad. Really nice photo's.
> Well
> > > done.
> > > Regards
> > >
> > >
> > > Michael
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
Hartmut
             I rang on Saturday and there were 10 camping spots left and I took one so as of the weekend there were 9 spots left.

Bruce

Do we have a little Syncro camp at Valla ? I have not tried to book , hearing that all is gone, but I think I will just park my new acquisition somewhere under bright stars and dream of an Eberspaecher Heating system. Any thoughts on the Syncro Camp???  Hartmut

Phill,I am having a bit of trouble getting around at the moment.Hopefully next week I will be a little bit more able(cause I have heaps to do)
With your vibration,have you tried loosening the front diff,going for a drive,then tightening the front diff mounts back up.
I have had some minor sucsess with my vibration doing this.I have brand new front diff mounts that I havent installed yet,I will do this next week.
My vibration is very minor and doesnt really worry me that much,since I installed the decoupler.If the new front diff mounts doesnt fix it,may look at getting new unis.Will also get tailshaft balanced as I have only just read about the proper tailshaft install/removal procedures,which includes loosening front diff mounts.Something that I never did.
As far as the rear wheel bearings,I have them(the new ones),I have been putting it of as it looks like one of those Syncro fun jobs,will do them before I go away at Christmas.It was the corrugations on Point Plomer Road last year that stuffed them.
Your wheel bearings should be OK,you couldnt of damaged them reversing out of the garage to wash the beast.ha ha.I will let you know how to replace them though,since you gave me all the workshop manuals and your a good bloke!

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, plander@... wrote:
>
> Ben
> Now I changed a clutch in my Corolla while I was off work after a knee operation. So I reckon that you should be able to replace your rear wheel bearings OK! (and then you can tell me how to)
>
> Phill
>
> PS I have replaced front CVs, wheels, tyres, axle, front wheel bearing and I still have that damn vibration!
>
>
>
> > bencroft96 <bencroft96@...> wrote:
> >
> > Is this possibly why you dont drive the Syncro.Jo wont let you!ha
> >
> > --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, plander@ wrote:
> > >
> > > I was lucky. Joanne bought the syncro!
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > Michael Rayner <mrayner51@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Ben and Scott
> > > > Love the reference to the 'finance minister' and your words of
> > > > encouragement not
> > > > to relent. Beautifully and so eloquently put there Ben. Nice to know
> >
> > > > there are
> > > > others out there who sometimes feel silly in having multiple toys
> > but
> > > > knowing
> > > > you guys are out there doesn't seem so bad. Really nice photo's.
> > Well
> > > > done.
> > > > Regards
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Michael
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
>
hartmut.
if you can not get a site there is always the park at the back which has toilets and cold showers or you can sneak into the park and use their ammenities   bob
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 9:50 AM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Valla

Hartmut

I rang on Saturday and there were 10 camping spots left and I took one so as of the weekend there were 9 spots left.

Bruce

> With your vibration,have you tried loosening the front diff,going for a
> drive,then tightening the front diff mounts back up.

Tailshaft is out, so it would not be an alignment problem.

> My vibration is very minor and doesnt really worry me that much

I am worried about damage more than the vibration annoying me.

> Your wheel bearings should be OK,

Left rear brakes have overheated which could have cooked the grease?
River crossings could have washed away the grease?

I may put up with the vibration for Valla. If it is a rear bearing, it should not damage anything at the moment.

Now to buy tyres, new battery, change oil, fuel filter, spark plugs etc, etc.

Ben,

Your a true nutter/ purist for the VW syncro/ van.

Keep em all till you die. If I had that many I would either be living alone or my boss would have killed me!

Cheers,

Skot

Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 9:27 AM

Once upon a time, I had 14 T3's at the same time as part of my personal fleet of 27 vehicles. I used to tell my friends that if their spouse or significant other gives them trouble because of the number of vehicles they own, that should pay me a visit so I can fire-up the homemade hovercraft which was not included in the vehicle count.

I've since regained my sanity and downsized to 16 vehicles which includes two Syncro Dokas, a 2wd Doka, and turbo Subie powered Vanagon. It might not sound as challenging until you consider where I live. Most of the vehicles are in San Francisco.

I am semi-fortunate to live with a lovely lady who tolerates my hobby. The only downside is she keeps bugging me to acquire "...anything but another Vanagon..." other than that, she is perfect.

BenT

Sent from Les' sock drawer

On Jun 30, 2010, at 3:53 PM, "Hartmut Kiehn" <hartis@live. com.au> wrote:

Skot / Ben,

Bruce,

We luckily have a cabin booked. See you there for all the fun. I am hopefully bringing my syncro and the 71 low-light - but the low-light has incontinence problems again.

We will see, engine is coming out now for a full strip & rebuild & slight upgrade.

Cheers,

Skot

Hartmut

Bruce

See you up there Phill.

Should be a fun get - together with quite a few syncros by the look of it.

Cheers,

Skot

Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 12:53 PM

> With your vibration,have you tried loosening the front diff,going for a
> drive,then tightening the front diff mounts back up.

Tailshaft is out, so it would not be an alignment problem.

> My vibration is very minor and doesnt really worry me that much

I am worried about damage more than the vibration annoying me.

> Your wheel bearings should be OK,

Left rear brakes have overheated which could have cooked the grease?
River crossings could have washed away the grease?

I may put up with the vibration for Valla. If it is a rear bearing, it should not damage anything at the moment.

Now to buy tyres, new battery, change oil, fuel filter, spark plugs etc, etc.

Hi Bruce/Brian   thanks very much for your Valla input, I have decided to rough it in the sticks as I should have hot water on tap!! Hope it werx. If we find enough drivers we could manage to bring up a min of2 and  max of 4 Syncros we then should maybe go up x Port in convoy. Brian are you coming? Remember that I owe you beer and chips for finding such an amazing new home for the Porsche tractor, thanks again.     Hartmut

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Alison & Bruce Black
Sent: Thursday, 1 July 2010 9:51 AM

Hartmut

Bruce

Bob, Hartmut and all,

Bob, I've attached a pic here of the reserve I think you are referring to. Is the one marked correct?

If so, I think it is a day use public reserve, so begs the question, would it be ok to syncro camp there overnight? I've not been to Valla show before so have no idea what restrictions, if any, are applied to this reserve. Anyone know from past knowledge?

Hartmut, I'll decide later on if I'm attending Valla so won't be booking anything. Would much prefer anyway to join a circle of renegade syncro wagons on the adjacent public reserve.

Any others keen to form a renegade Valla Syncro Spectacular?

Cheers.

Ken 

Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 11:48:43 +1000
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Valla

hartmut.
if you can not get a site there is always the park at the back which has toilets and cold showers or you can sneak into the park and use their ammenities   bob
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] Valla

Hartmut

Bruce

Australia's #1 job site If It Exists, You'll Find it on SEEK