Day of the Volkswagen 2008, Victoria

Brian Reed has initiated arrangements for the annual Day of the Volkswagen in Victoria, 16 November, at the Cranbourne Racecourse.

As you will see in his post below, the VW Club of Victoria would like to include us in an off-road theme.  I can generate A3 size pictures of our own vehicles off-road (further pics always welcome) for a visual display.

All it needs is for us to get as many Syncros as we can to attend.  Can I have an indication of who will come?  The sooner we know, the sooner we can confirm a dedicated area for our group.

Les

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 11:13 PM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Who's Wally? and D ot VW 2008

Tonight I’ve been to the VWCV meeting and there was a presentation on “Day of the Volkswagen” for 2008. The date is Sunday November 16th at Cranbourne again, and the theme is ‘off-road VW’s’, focusing specifically on beach buggys, as (Bruce?) Meyers (Meyers Manx designer) and his wife, will be coming from the States as special guests. However, I mentioned Syncros, and they would be very happy to see a good selection of them there as a ‘subsection’ of the off-road theme. I should be able to post more info later, and if we were to put some ideas forward as a group about a display, I’m sure it would be well received. It would need to be done fairly soon though, as they are finalizing a lot of details already.

BRIAN REED

FAIRFIELD NATURAL THERAPIES

185 Wingrove St

Fairfield, Vic. 3078

03 9481 5673   0407 319 521

Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Day of the Volkswagen 2008, Victoria
Count me in this year please Les and Brian – with my syncro not just on foot! Sounds like it could be the ideal theme for us off road enthusiasts.

Gary

Brian Reed has initiated arrangements for the annual Day of the Volkswagen in Victoria, 16 November, at the Cranbourne Racecourse.

As you will see in his post below, the VW Club of Victoria would like to include us in an off-road theme.  I can generate A3 size pictures of our own vehicles off-road (further pics always welcome) for a visual display.

All it needs is for us to get as many Syncros as we can to attend.  Can I have an indication of who will come?  The sooner we know, the sooner we can confirm a dedicated area for our group.

Les

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com  

Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 11:13  PM

Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Who's  Wally? and D ot VW 2008

Tonight I’ve been to  the VWCV meeting and there was a presentation on “Day of the Volkswagen” for  2008. The date is Sunday November 16th at Cranbourne again, and the  theme is ‘off-road VW’s’, focusing specifically on beach buggys, as (Bruce?)  Meyers (Meyers Manx designer) and his wife, will be coming from the States as  special guests. However, I mentioned Syncros, and they would be very happy to  see a good selection of them there as a ‘subsection’ of the off-road theme. I  should be able to post more info later, and if we were to put some ideas  forward as a group about a display, I’m sure it would be well received. It  would need to be done fairly soon though, as they are finalizing a lot of  details already.

BRIAN  REED

FAIRFIELD NATURAL  THERAPIES

185 Wingrove  St

Fairfield, Vic.  3078

03 9481  5673   0407 319 521

I will also make laminated name placards for each participant for display on their vehicles.

It will carry the Syncro logo, as it appears on the front of the Syncro, and the owner's name.

Les

Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 9:42 AM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Day of the Volkswagen 2008, Victoria

Count me in this year please Les and Brian – with my syncro not just on foot! Sounds like it could be the ideal theme for us off road enthusiasts.

Gary

Brian Reed has initiated arrangements for the annual Day of the Volkswagen in Victoria, 16 November, at the Cranbourne Racecourse.

As you will see in his post below, the VW Club of Victoria would like to include us in an off-road theme.  I can generate A3 size pictures of our own vehicles off-road (further pics always welcome) for a visual display.

All it needs is for us to get as many Syncros as we can to attend.  Can I have an indication of who will come?  The sooner we know, the sooner we can confirm a dedicated area for our group.

Les

To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com  

Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 11:13  PM

Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] Who's  Wally? and D ot VW 2008

Tonight I’ve been to  the VWCV meeting and there was a presentation on “Day of the Volkswagen” for  2008. The date is Sunday November 16th at Cranbourne again, and the  theme is ‘off-road VW’s’, focusing specifically on beach buggys, as (Bruce?)  Meyers (Meyers Manx designer) and his wife, will be coming from the States as  special guests. However, I mentioned Syncros, and they would be very happy to  see a good selection of them there as a ‘subsection’ of the off-road theme. I  should be able to post more info later, and if we were to put some ideas  forward as a group about a display, I’m sure it would be well received. It  would need to be done fairly soon though, as they are finalizing a lot of  details already.

BRIAN  REED

FAIRFIELD NATURAL  THERAPIES

185 Wingrove  St

Fairfield, Vic.  3078

03 9481  5673   0407 319 521

Les,

I'd aim to be there with my off road "only used by a little old man to go to Cape York ." vehicle. Can also provide some photos but assume you will include Brian's one of the Troopie Toyota being towed in from the telegraph track. I've just spent the last half hour sending a selection of my Cape York photos to our home site via Picasa but nothing is showing. I've checked that they have not gone straight into our site photos.They include a close up of the Goodrich oversize rear mud tyres on the T2 Kombi. As they are substantial files perhaps they take a while to come through. I'm posting snail mail a CD to those involved in our enjoyable little adventure.

Cheers

Roger

--- On Wed, 18/6/08, Les Harris <leslieharris@optushome.com.au> wrote:

Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Day of the Volkswagen 2008, Victoria
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Received: Wednesday, 18 June, 2008, 7:31 AM

Brian Reed has initiated arrangements for the annual Day of the Volkswagen in Victoria, 16 November, at the Cranbourne Racecourse.

As you will see in his post below, the VW Club of Victoria would like to include us in an off-road theme.  I can generate A3 size pictures of our own vehicles off-road (further pics always welcome) for a visual display.

All it needs is for us to get as many Syncros as we can to attend.  Can I have an indication of who will come?  The sooner we know, the sooner we can confirm a dedicated area for our group.

Les

Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 11:13 PM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] Who's Wally? and D ot VW 2008

Tonight I’ve been to the VWCV meeting and there was a presentation on “Day of the Volkswagen” for 2008. The date is Sunday November 16th at Cranbourne again, and the theme is ‘off-road VW’s’, focusing specifically on beach buggys, as (Bruce?) Meyers (Meyers Manx designer) and his wife, will be coming from the States as special guests. However, I mentioned Syncros, and they would be very happy to see a good selection of them there as a ‘subsection’ of the off-road theme. I should be able to post more info later, and if we were to put some ideas forward as a group about a display, I’m sure it would be well received. It would need to be done fairly soon though, as they are finalizing a lot of details already.

BRIAN REED

FAIRFIELD NATURAL THERAPIES

185 Wingrove St

Fairfield, Vic. 3078

03 9481 5673   0407 319 521

Get the name you always wanted with the new y7mail email address.