Did my dash.

Sorry Greg,
my previous posting went off before I attached an explanation.It gave pictures and descriptions of a similar unit in which it would be possible to mount additional instruments. I think they were also used to hide an airconditioner evaporator and contain the air outlets for some vehicles. I have one on my syncro which is handy for drinks and maps but I don't think warranted the 1986  asking price of GBP50 (approx AUD$100) and for most people cassette tape storage is now irrelevent. If it hadn't come with the car I would have been inclined to fabricate something  appropriate.Its a fairly thin moulding held on with 3 self tapping screws and I have had to reinforce it where it had cracked through on these mounting points. However does dress up the rather utilitarian dash.
Cheers
Roger

--- On Tue, 3/8/10, Roger Bell <bellrmit@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: 1991 Syncro TriStar Doka for sale USD$57000
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Received: Tuesday, 3 August, 2010, 10:40 PM

--- On Tue, 3/8/10, greg_navarro95 <greg_navarro95@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: 1991 Syncro TriStar Doka for sale USD$57000
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Received: Tuesday, 3 August, 2010, 8:26 AM

Good article!

Where can one get hold of a dash like this one? Greg

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, Roger Bell <bellrmit@...> wrote:
>
> Thought a few people might be interested in what you get for USD $57,000. I reckon the film rights to the story must be worth $50,000
> Cheers
> Roger
>  
> http://germancarsforsaleblog.com/1991-vw-doka-vanagon-truck-for-sale/
>

Roger,

I have the same moulding in my dash and I have added a small digital clock in one of the void spaces. You could probably add a couple of gauges in it as well - if they were small and appropriately placed.

Works well - stops maps, tissues and sunglasses falling off the dash.

Cheers,

Skot

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 1:01 AM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Did my dash.

Sorry Greg,
my previous posting went off before I attached an explanation. It gave pictures and descriptions of a similar unit in which it would be possible to mount additional instruments. I think they were also used to hide an airconditioner evaporator and contain the air outlets for some vehicles. I have one on my syncro which is handy for drinks and maps but I don't think warranted the 1986  asking price of GBP50 (approx AUD$100) and for most people cassette tape storage is now irrelevent. If it hadn't come with the car I would have been inclined to fabricate something  appropriate. Its a fairly thin moulding held on with 3 self tapping screws and I have had to reinforce it where it had cracked through on these mounting points. However does dress up the rather utilitarian dash.
Cheers
Roger

--- On Tue, 3/8/10, Roger Bell <bellrmit@yahoo. com.au> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] Re: 1991 Syncro TriStar Doka for sale USD$57000
To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
Received: Tuesday, 3 August, 2010, 10:40 PM

--- On Tue, 3/8/10, greg_navarro95 <greg_navarro95@ yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] Re: 1991 Syncro TriStar Doka for sale USD$57000
To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
Received: Tuesday, 3 August, 2010, 8:26 AM

Good article!

Where can one get hold of a dash like this one? Greg

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com, Roger Bell <bellrmit@...> wrote:
>
> Thought a few people might be interested in what you get for USD $57,000. I reckon the film rights to the story must be worth $50,000
> Cheers
> Roger
>  
> http://germancarsfo rsaleblog. com/1991- vw-doka-vanagon- truck-for- sale/
>