DOTVW 6 November

This is already looking remarkably good!

If the usual suspects turn up, we will have nine Syncros.  If we get a couple more, we will have a real flock!

I will talk to the Melba over the weekend about units that could be ideal for our purposes.

Les

Hi Les

Thanks for organising.

You may need to conduct a Poll, however, to officially determine the correct (Australian) collective noun for Syncros. Is it a 'flock'? I have heard a 'storm' of Syncros before, however, it is possible I mis-heard it for a 'swarm' of Syncros.

Regards
Mark.

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 7:57 PM, syncroaustralia <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

If the usual suspects turn up, we will have nine Syncros. If we get a couple more, we will have a real flock!

I will talk to the Melba over the weekend about units that could be ideal for our purposes.

Les

Good point.

A flock of sparrows or a swarm of bees?

Swarm seems to be a better choice for Syncros.

Perhaps a grunt of Syncros.

Any other suggestions?

Re accommodation, the Melba is very close and might be more convenient.   How many more would overnight?

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mark Kofahl
Sent: 14 August 2011 22:41
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] DOTVW 6 November

Hi Les

Thanks for organising.

You may need to conduct a Poll, however, to officially determine the correct (Australian) collective noun for Syncros. Is it a 'flock'? I have heard a 'storm' of Syncros before, however, it is possible I mis-heard it for a 'swarm' of Syncros.

Regards

Mark.

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 7:57 PM, syncroaustralia <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

If the usual suspects turn up, we will have nine Syncros.  If we get a couple more, we will have a real flock!

Les

Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] DOTVW 6 November For the collective noun you can’t go past looking to birds:

There is a fleet or mudhens
A Parliament of owls
A convey of partridges ...and it goes on.

Any of those would do.

I also like to idea of dropping the ‘s’ although – although ungrammatical, ‘a parliament of Syncro’ sounds grand.

Or should it just be a sync of syncros?

Murray

On 14/08/11 10:41 PM, "Mark Kofahl" <markkofahl@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Les

Thanks for organising.

Regards
Mark.

If the usual suspects turn up, we will have nine Syncros. If we get a couple more, we will have a real flock!

Les

Murray,

If it is the Australian Parliament you have in mind, it’s probably not the best idea . . .

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Murray Lee
Sent: 14 August 2011 22:54

For the collective noun you can’t go past looking to birds:

A Parliament of owls

Any of those would do.

I also like to idea of dropping the ‘s’ although – although ungrammatical, ‘a parliament of Syncro’ sounds grand.

Murray

Hi Les

Thanks for organising.

Regards
Mark.

Les

Well, if sticking with the "P" then it could be a 'Pride of Syncros' (which could be particularly appropriate for a show, and they certainly are the King of the VW Jungle, as are the Lions)...... unless they are all 'rat look' Syncros, in which case it would be a 'rabble of (ratty) syncros'...

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 11:04 PM, Les Harris <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

Murray,

If it is the Australian Parliament you have in mind, it’s probably not the best idea . . .

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Murray Lee
Sent: 14 August 2011 22:54

For the collective noun you can’t go past looking to birds:

A Parliament of owls

Any of those would do.

Murray

Hi Les

Thanks for organising.

Regards
Mark.

Les