DOTVW, Victoria

Stu,

Re the upcoming Victoria DOTVW, do you have any pics of your Syncro churning through sand?  It would make a good pic for the display.

Les

Hi Les,

I’ll fish some out….  They are not really action shots – more like the attached.

What is your direct email address – I’ll send them there rather than overload eveyone’s inbox.

Ronnie is alive and kicking (that’s his and my van in the attached), we might be able to get him up there too.

Stu

-----Original Message-----
From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Les Harris
Sent: Friday, 22 August 2008 1:57 PM
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] DOTVW, Victoria

Stu,

Re the upcoming Victoria DOTVW, do you have any pics of your Syncro churning through sand?  It would make a good pic for the display.

Les

Stu,

Anything you have will be welcome.

Les

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 2:41 PM
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] DOTVW, Victoria

Hi Les,

I’ll fish some out….  They are not really action shots – more like the attached.

What is your direct email address – I’ll send them there rather than overload eveyone’s inbox.

Ronnie is alive and kicking (that’s his and my van in the attached), we might be able to get him up there too.

Stu

-----Original Message-----
From: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com [mailto:Syncro_ T3_Australia@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Les Harris
Sent: Friday, 22 August 2008 1:57 PM
To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] DOTVW, Victoria

Stu,

Les

Les,
IF you are short of sand pictures there are a few of my syncro in sand amongst the "Roger's trip to WA" shots posted on our website. The St Mary's Inlet and the Francois Peron National Park ones both severely tested the system although with hindsight I should have let my tyres down more.
Cheers
Roger

--- On Fri, 22/8/08, Les Harris <leslieharris@optushome.com.au> wrote:
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] DOTVW, Victoria
Received: Friday, 22 August, 2008, 11:57 AM

Stu,

Les

Win a MacBook Air or iPod touch with Yahoo!7- Find out more.

Roger,

I have already gone through you trip report folder and have selected several suitable pics.  Stuart has also sent some very good beach pics direct to me.

Les

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 12:55 AM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] DOTVW, Victoria

Les,
IF you are short of sand pictures there are a few of my syncro in sand amongst the "Roger's trip to WA" shots posted on our website. The St Mary's Inlet and the Francois Peron National Park ones both severely tested the system although with hindsight I should have let my tyres down more.
Cheers
Roger

--- On Fri, 22/8/08, Les Harris <leslieharris@ optushome. com.au> wrote:
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] DOTVW, Victoria
To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
Received: Friday, 22 August, 2008, 11:57 AM

Stu,

Les

Win a MacBook Air or iPod touch with Yahoo!7- Find out more.

Hello All
Maybe I'm missing something but I haven't seen any syncro photos of the DOVW. I've seen other photos with a hint of a syncro in the background and that is all. Am I looking in the wrong place or did you all forget to take your cameras?

Bruce CQ

Bruce,

I took my camera but I was a bit busy with people all day and didn’t even get it out of the case but others must have taken at least a few pics.

I thought that Roger was going to post a few but all that we have from him so far is pics of his T5 instrument panel.  I fear that Syncros are slipping out of his memory.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Alison & Bruce Black
Sent: 05 December 2012 16:15

Hello All
              Maybe I'm missing something but  I haven't seen any syncro photos of the DOVW. I've seen other photos with a hint of a syncro in the background and that is all. Am I looking in the wrong place or did you all forget to take your cameras?

Bruce CQ

Hi Bruce, Les and everyone,
Have posted my " DOTVW 2012" photos under that name in the photos section of our forum. I do agree that they represent a more ecumenical collection of VW's than just Syncros but I think I was not alone in being attracted to things tutonic but outside the VW clan. (see attachment !)
Paul Nevis in "ERIK" subsequently dropped me, my bike and a 20kg bag of camping equipment  off at Briagolong in East Gippsland to continue the Gt Vic Bike Ride and I will never ever forget taking our trusty Syncros up to Cape York together. I'm really grateful to you Paul,  I don't know how I would have managed that pack on my bike at night on the 15km country road  ride up from Stratford Railway station. Believe you and the new owner of my Syncro don't live too far apart in Newcastle.
Apart from ther dash board posting I did also post a rev up about commiting to the Tasmanian Tour but if it still hasn't come through I'll resend it.
Cheers
Roger
Melbourne
Sent: Wednesday, 5 December 2012 4:21 PM
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] DOTVW, Victoria

Bruce,
I took my camera but I was a bit busy with people all day and didn’t even get it out of the case but others must have taken at least a few pics.
I thought that Roger was going to post a few but all that we have from him so far is pics of his T5 instrument panel.  I fear that Syncros are slipping out of his memory.
Les
From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Alison & Bruce Black
Sent: 05 December 2012 16:15

Hello All
              Maybe I'm missing something but  I haven't seen any syncro photos of the DOVW. I've seen other photos with a hint of a syncro in the background and that is all. Am I looking in the wrong place or did you all forget to take your cameras?

Bruce CQ