Duck Creek Road

Hi Syncros,

After the Rover Trail, we've caught the Offroad Bug!
Anyway thats the reason I brought a Syncro, to make me get out in the bush a bit more
and a quick Internet search found the closest 4WD access only road about 90 min from home
so we set out first stop Cunungara for a pie then on to Beaudessert Heading South along
Kerry Rd for about 20Km then turned Right into Duck Creek road which goes all the way up to O'Rileys.
Small washouts, rollovers a few good Ruts and Breathtaking Views made this a fun day out in the Syncro.

See my Blog for some Photos.  http://syncrosurfer.tumblr.com/

Cheers!

Rowan

Well worth the trip but nothing too challenging for the Syncro - Passed a Subi Forester, a Prado and a Land Cruiser.
Apparently a Skilled wheel man can get a 2WD through here as well. 
I spoke to one guy in a Daihatsu Rocky who drove his Ute trough recently and he said it is currently; "about 10 times rougher than it used to be."

Rowan,

Glad you caught the bug.

Keep up the blog - love those photos.

Cheers,

Skot

On 19/08/2012 6:29 PM, Rowan Hardinge wrote:

Hi Syncros,

After the Rover Trail, we've caught the Offroad Bug!
Anyway thats the reason I brought a Syncro, to make me get out in the bush a bit more
and a quick Internet search found the closest 4WD access only road about 90 min from home
so we set out first stop Cunungara for a pie then on to Beaudessert Heading South along
Kerry Rd for about 20Km then turned Right into Duck Creek road which goes all the way up to O'Rileys.
Small washouts, rollovers a few good Ruts and Breathtaking Views made this a fun day out in the Syncro.

See my Blog for some Photos.  http://syncrosurfer.tumblr.com/

Cheers!

Rowan

Well worth the trip but nothing too challenging for the Syncro - Passed a Subi Forester, a Prado and a Land Cruiser.
Apparently a Skilled wheel man can get a 2WD through here as well. 
I spoke to one guy in a Daihatsu Rocky who drove his Ute trough recently and he said it is currently; "about 10 times rougher than it used to be."

Rowan. Marg and i came through beaudesert sunday on our way up to sunshine coast the back way. Should have contacted you and Jeannie. Darn. Bill

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, Rowan Hardinge <rowan.hardinge@...> wrote:
>
>
> Hi Syncros,
>
> After the Rover Trail, we've caught the Offroad Bug!
> Anyway thats the reason I brought a Syncro, to make me get out in the bush a bit more
> and a quick Internet search found the closest 4WD access only road about 90 min from home
> so we set out first stop Cunungara for a pie then on to Beaudessert Heading South along
> Kerry Rd for about 20Km then turned Right into Duck Creek road which goes all the way up to O'Rileys.
> Small washouts, rollovers a few good Ruts and Breathtaking Views made this a fun day out in the Syncro.
>
> See my Blog for some Photos. http://syncrosurfer.tumblr.com/
>
> Cheers!
>
> Rowan
>
> Well worth the trip but nothing too challenging for the Syncro - Passed a Subi Forester, a Prado and a Land Cruiser.
> Apparently a Skilled wheel man can get a 2WD through here as well.
> I spoke to one guy in a Daihatsu Rocky who drove his Ute trough recently and he said it is currently; "about 10 times rougher than it used to be."
>

I never thought that I would see the day that my home town was mentioned on this group, let alone two days running!

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bill
Sent: 20 August 2012 07:58
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Duck Creek Road

Rowan. Marg and i came through Beaudesert Sunday on our way up to sunshine coast the back way. Should have contacted you and Jeannie. Darn. Bill

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, Rowan Hardinge <rowan.hardinge@...> wrote:

> so we set out first stop Cunungara for a pie then on to
style='background:yellow'>Beaudessert Heading South along
> Kerry Rd for about 20Km then turned Right into Duck Creek road which goes
all the way up to O'Rileys.
> Small washouts, rollovers a few good Ruts and Breathtaking Views made this
a fun day out in the Syncro.

Sorry to have missed you Bill and your lovely wife on your Sojourn North. It might not have worked out anyway with that thing called work and all..

I think I was missing a few P's that day.Might have to decide before 10Am to set off at 11.30 for Duck Creek Rd next time!!!

Im on the GC so if anyone wants to make a nice day trip, down there from Brissy or wherever next time I would do it again, time permitting.

There were a few side tracks going off that road which looked interesting! Strength in numbers I guess.. would be good to get out there and explore a bit.

Sent from Yahoo!7 Mail on Android

To: <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>;
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Duck Creek Road
Sent: Mon, Aug 20, 2012 12:46:32 AM

I never thought that I would see the day that my home town was mentioned on this group, let alone two days running!

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bill

Rowan. Marg and i came through Beaudesert Sunday on our way up to sunshine coast the back way. Should have contacted you and Jeannie. Darn. Bill

> so we set out first stop Cunungara for a pie then on to Beaudessert Heading South along
> Kerry Rd for about 20Km then turned Right into Duck Creek road which goes
all the way up to O'Rileys.
> Small washouts, rollovers a few good Ruts and Breathtaking Views made this
a fun day out in the Syncro.

Les,
I thought much the same every time I turned on the  recent Olympics. So how did Beaudesert prime  you for VWs. Is the name a clue?
Roger
Melbourne
Sent: Monday, 20 August 2012 10:46 AM
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Duck Creek Road

Les

--- In mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia%40yahoogroups.com, Rowan Hardinge <rowan.hardinge@...> wrote:

> so we set out first stop Cunungara for a pie then on to Beaudessert Heading South along
> Kerry Rd for about 20Km then turned Right into Duck Creek road which goes all the way up to O'Rileys.
> Small washouts, rollovers a few good Ruts and Breathtaking Views made this a fun day out in the Syncro.

Roger,

Possibly so, even though the family left there when I was about ten.  My first car was a Beetle and the rot set in from there – I always seem to come back to VW’s!!

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Roger Bell
Sent: 20 August 2012 23:24
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Les's antecedents

Les,

I thought much the same every time I turned on the  recent Olympics. So how did Beaudesert prime  you for VWs. Is the name a clue?

Roger

Melbourne