EKTA

I have had a call about my reference to EKTA.

It is the electronic parts list used by all VW dealers and contains an illustrated listing of all the parts that go to make up the Syncro.  This was on the internet some time ago, then got taken off after threats of legal action.  (I have never encountered any company that sets out to deliberately deter all forms of customer loyalty like VAG..  Never mind, we survive despite their best efforts.)

It is now back on the Internet.  I have posted this before but here it is again:

You have to register to use it but this is no cost.

You will find the Type 2 Syncro on the home page.  Just click on that (after registering) and you have the entire vehicle available.

Amongst many other things, it is very useful because of the exploded views which show assembly sequences.

Les

Les,

From memory, what the PC install version does as well, not available on
the online version, is that the exploded parts drawings also include a
feature that highlights the part location on the drawing as you run the
mouse over the parts list ... maybe you can do without it but its nifty
all the same.

Cheers.

Ken

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Les Harris"
<leslieharris@...> wrote:
>
> I have had a call about my reference to EKTA.
>
> It is the electronic parts list used by all VW dealers and contains an
illustrated listing of all the parts that go to make up the Syncro. This
was on the internet some time ago, then got taken off after threats of
legal action. (I have never encountered any company that sets out to
deliberately deter all forms of customer loyalty like VAG.. Never mind,
we survive despite their best efforts.)
>
> It is now back on the Internet. I have posted this before but here it
is again:
>
> The URL is http://www.vagcat.com/
>
> You have to register to use it but this is no cost.
>
> You will find the Type 2 Syncro on the home page. Just click on that
(after registering) and you have the entire vehicle available.
>
> Amongst many other things, it is very useful because of the exploded
views which show assembly sequences.
>
> Les
>
Ahhhso Mr. Les,

Some minor clarification is in order. EKTA is a Kodak trademark. They make nice pitchers. Remember?

ETKA on the otherhand is Elektronischer Teilekatalog (Electronic Parts Catalog) by an outfit called LexCom.

LexCom had a track record for pursuing people for publishing websites which allow downloading of their program. This topic has come up a few times in (the US) Vanagon List. It's still posted out there sometimes as a culinary recipe for instance. The online sources are great but it's even better if you can download it in to your spare laptop.

Those old family pictures look great as a slideshow too.

=)

Cheers,

BenT

On 11/30/07, Les Harris <leslieharris@optushome.com.au> wrote:
I have had a call about my reference to EKTA.

It is the electronic parts list used by all VW dealers and contains an illustrated listing of all the parts that go to make up the Syncro.  This was on the internet some time ago, then got taken off after threats of legal action.  (I have never encountered any company that sets out to deliberately deter all forms of customer loyalty like VAG..  Never mind, we survive despite their best efforts.)

It is now back on the Internet.  I have posted this before but here it is again:

You have to register to use it but this is no cost.

You will find the Type 2 Syncro on the home page.  Just click on that (after registering) and you have the entire vehicle available.

Amongst many other things, it is very useful because of the exploded views which show assembly sequences.

Les