flyscreens

Hi there,

We're interested in manufacturing some flyscreens for our rear hatch opening and, possibly, sliding door opening. Does anyone have any idea where we could purchase suitable flyscreen material?

Thanks,

Francesca.
Hi Francesca, Good to see you have come up to get air from the studies. You have probably already checked out Bunnings, they have it by the meter in differing strengths. I doubt there will be adequate width though. Greg E

From: Francesca Coles <fcoles6@gmail.com>
To: Syncro_T3_Australia <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, 5 January 2012 8:43 AM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] flyscreens

 
Hi there,

We're interested in manufacturing some flyscreens for our rear hatch opening and, possibly, sliding door opening. Does anyone have any idea where we could purchase suitable flyscreen material? 

Thanks,

Francesca.


Hi Francesca,

I hope Ken would respond, he got wonderful profy installations on ebay in the US.. They are really good they originally came with the Westis. Hartmut

 

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of greg esposito
Sent: Thursday, 5 January 2012 9:00 AM
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] flyscreens

 

 

Hi Francesca, Good to see you have come up to get air from the studies. You have probably already checked out Bunnings, they have it by the meter in differing strengths. I doubt there will be adequate width though. Greg E

 

From: Francesca Coles <fcoles6@gmail.com>
To: Syncro_T3_Australia <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, 5 January 2012 8:43 AM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] flyscreens

 

Hi there,

 

We're interested in manufacturing some flyscreens for our rear hatch opening and, possibly, sliding door opening. Does anyone have any idea where we could purchase suitable flyscreen material? 

 

Thanks,

 

Francesca.

 

Francesca. I had screens made up by this mob topgear2go.com.au. They are based on the gold coast. I had magnetic screens made for each of the front doors and the side window. Very good product. The screen they made for the rear hatch was essentially a piece of screen cut to 100mm larger than the rear opening all around and held in place by by elastic cord(the stuff thats about as thick as a pencil) stretched around the lip of the opening. If i had known the simplicity of the rear hatch screen i would have made my own for about $30 instead of the $100 or so that i paid. But sometimes you pay for a good idea. Their one is nicely trimmed and finished off. The web site says how quick and easy the rear screen is to fit. Its actually a bit fiddly but gets the job done. Bill

Francesca,

Brian Reed had a rear screen made of soft mesh and with thin bungee cord that slipped over the seal of the rear door.  He has sold the vehicle but might remember helpful details.

Les

 


From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Francesca Coles
Sent: 05 January 2012 08:44
To: Syncro_T3_Australia
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] flyscreens

Hi there

We're interested in manufacturing some flyscreens for our rear hatch opening and, possibly, sliding door opening. Does anyone have any idea where we could purchase suitable flyscreen material? 

 

Thanks,

 

Francesca.

Thanks Greg and Hartmut. Happy New Year to you. Yes, have enjoyed some time off and am now gearing up for a return to academia.

I have seen the Go Westy ready-made screens and they do look good. However, someone in our house has recently purchased a sewing machine and is looking for a challenge, so like the DIY approach. Will take a look at Bunnings. Had a sortie to the NSW Snowy Mountains over New Year, with plenty of close encounters with airborne wildlife, so installing good flyscreens is a bit of a priority. Must get onto those sliding windows as well.... Hope everyone else is enjoying the summer Syncro style. Any trips planned? Ours is running well.


Francesca.

On 5 January 2012 09:24, Hartmut Kiehn <hartis@live.com.au> wrote:

Hi Francesca,

I hope Ken would respond, he got wonderful profy installations on ebay in the US.. They are really good they originally came with the Westis. Hartmut

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of greg esposito
Sent: Thursday, 5 January 2012 9:00 AM
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] flyscreens

Hi Francesca, Good to see you have come up to get air from the studies. You have probably already checked out Bunnings, they have it by the meter in differing strengths. I doubt there will be adequate width though. Greg E

From: Francesca Coles <fcoles6@gmail.com>
To: Syncro_T3_Australia <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, 5 January 2012 8:43 AM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] flyscreens

Hi there,

We're interested in manufacturing some flyscreens for our rear hatch opening and, possibly, sliding door opening. Does anyone have any idea where we could purchase suitable flyscreen material?

Thanks,

Francesca.


Thanks, Bill. Magnetic attachment seems like a good way to go. Yes, the rear screen should be pretty simple. At the moment we have an off-cut of mossie net held in place by a number of clothes pegs - a bit agricultural looking.

Francesca.

On 5 January 2012 09:50, Bill <marg_bill@westnet.com.au> wrote:

Francesca. I had screens made up by this mob topgear2go.com.au. They are based on the gold coast. I had magnetic screens made for each of the front doors and the side window. Very good product. The screen they made for the rear hatch was essentially a piece of screen cut to 100mm larger than the rear opening all around and held in place by by elastic cord(the stuff thats about as thick as a pencil) stretched around the lip of the opening. If i had known the simplicity of the rear hatch screen i would have made my own for about $30 instead of the $100 or so that i paid. But sometimes you pay for a good idea. Their one is nicely trimmed and finished off. The web site says how quick and easy the rear screen is to fit. Its actually a bit fiddly but gets the job done. Bill


Thanks too, Les.

Francesca.

On 5 January 2012 09:52, Les Harris <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

Francesca,

Brian Reed had a rear screen made of soft mesh and with thin bungee cord that slipped over the seal of the rear door. He has sold the vehicle but might remember helpful details.

Les


From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Francesca Coles
Sent: 05 January 2012 08:44
To: Syncro_T3_Australia
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] flyscreens

Hi there

We're interested in manufacturing some flyscreens for our rear hatch opening and, possibly, sliding door opening. Does anyone have any idea where we could purchase suitable flyscreen material?

Thanks,

Francesca.


Francesca, Ours had a full length nylon curtain for the sliding door when we got it, worked well. Do your sliding windows have the groove for flywire? Greg E

From: Francesca Coles <fcoles6@gmail.com>
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 5 January 2012 10:05 AM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: flyscreens

 
Thanks, Bill. Magnetic attachment seems like a good way to go. Yes, the rear screen should be pretty simple. At the moment we have an off-cut of mossie net held in place by a number of clothes pegs - a bit agricultural looking. 

Francesca.

On 5 January 2012 09:50, Bill <marg_bill@westnet.com.au> wrote:
 
Francesca. I had screens made up by this mob topgear2go.com.au. They are based on the gold coast. I had magnetic screens made for each of the front doors and the side window. Very good product. The screen they made for the rear hatch was essentially a piece of screen cut to 100mm larger than the rear opening all around and held in place by by elastic cord(the stuff thats about as thick as a pencil) stretched around the lip of the opening. If i had known the simplicity of the rear hatch screen i would have made my own for about $30 instead of the $100 or so that i paid. But sometimes you pay for a good idea. Their one is nicely trimmed and finished off. The web site says how quick and easy the rear screen is to fit. Its actually a bit fiddly but gets the job done. Bill




Hi Greg. We haven't got sliding windows yet. Must look into it soon, though. Kids are cooking in the back on warm days...

Francesca.

On 5 January 2012 10:32, greg esposito <gregespo73@yahoo.com> wrote:

Francesca, Ours had a full length nylon curtain for the sliding door when we got it, worked well. Do your sliding windows have the groove for flywire? Greg E

From: Francesca Coles <fcoles6@gmail.com>
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 5 January 2012 10:05 AM

Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: flyscreens

Thanks, Bill. Magnetic attachment seems like a good way to go. Yes, the rear screen should be pretty simple. At the moment we have an off-cut of mossie net held in place by a number of clothes pegs - a bit agricultural looking.

Francesca.

On 5 January 2012 09:50, Bill <marg_bill@westnet.com.au> wrote:
Francesca. I had screens made up by this mob topgear2go.com.au. They are based on the gold coast. I had magnetic screens made for each of the front doors and the side window. Very good product. The screen they made for the rear hatch was essentially a piece of screen cut to 100mm larger than the rear opening all around and held in place by by elastic cord(the stuff thats about as thick as a pencil) stretched around the lip of the opening. If i had known the simplicity of the rear hatch screen i would have made my own for about $30 instead of the $100 or so that i paid. But sometimes you pay for a good idea. Their one is nicely trimmed and finished off. The web site says how quick and easy the rear screen is to fit. Its actually a bit fiddly but gets the job done. Bill





Francesca,

Try to get original windows.  The local copy is very crude, the fit is atrocious, the rubber seals fall in at the corners, water gets in, runs down the inside to the sill, which then rusts.  This is what has happened to mine and several other members.

Les

 


From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Francesca Coles
Sent: 05 January 2012 11:12
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: flyscreens

Hi Greg. We haven't got sliding windows yet. Must look into it soon, though. Kids are cooking in the back on warm days...

Francesca.

 

Hi Francesca and All,

 

Thought it would be a good idea to give you a quick rundown what we Mid North Coasters have been up to.

Choosing the Trakka I went up to Hat Head on Tuesday to meet up with BenC and his tribe (Nicole plus 2 toddlers). I had a great spot on the fringe of a chukka camping ground to park my van , as a wild camper... Hat Head is a great destination outside of hols, it has a wonderful lagoon to swim and paddle, there was a group of people having brekkie in the water the next morning –happily chatting away..  Ben/fam and  I  went to town to meet up with Bill and Marg who arrived from Nambucca, so it’s 3 of us ready to go South.

 

Off , we went . 5 mins into the trip Ben ,team leader and organizer, does a sharp right hand turn and we are in the bush....it starts out as pretty civilised, but then the track becomes more defined, just two trenches in the sand...harder it gets by the minute and next thing our leaders’ wheels are spinning, he seems to be some what stuck ! but a bit of back tracking get’s him going again. G gear (G for growler) , diff lock and some serious rpms helping us through the fine stuff.

 

After some 15km awesome 4x4 stuff with heaps of interesting things to look at (have you seen that huge goanna?) we come out at the other end.

At Crescent Head we are meeting up with Skot and family , his shiny beauty stands out in the crowd, not a mark on it, could be parking next to Phill’s.....  Now 4 we head south ready to take on Point Plummer Rd. It used to be a mining track , abandoned by Councils it slowly closes up with vegetation. Undulations of over 1 m are a plenty, but we are lucky that there is very little water in the pools. It really is tough going but we and our vans survive.

 

Back at Port and onto the ferry $ 3.-- , its back to our place for playtime with barbie and the rest of it. Believing that all of us had a great time we do a photo shoot with now 6 Syncros.

Photos will be uploaded as soon as the guys / girls are back from hols.

Hartmut

 

I second that motion, and am currently looking for some good, black, caravelle windows. Has anyone successfully attached flyscreen to these? Greg E

From: Les Harris <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au>
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 5 January 2012 11:33 AM
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: flyscreens

 
Francesca,
Try to get original windows.  The local copy is very crude, the fit is atrocious, the rubber seals fall in at the corners, water gets in, runs down the inside to the sill, which then rusts.  This is what has happened to mine and several other members.
Les
 
From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Francesca Coles
Sent: 05 January 2012 11:12
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: flyscreens
Hi Greg. We haven't got sliding windows yet. Must look into it soon, though. Kids are cooking in the back on warm days...
Francesca.


Good luck, Greg. If it's not possible to attach flyscreens, the
magnetic ones from the outfit Bill recommended might be an
alternative. From what I gather, the screens tend to blow out if you
drive at speed with the sliding window open. Thanks for the warning
about the sliding windows, Les.
Sounds like a great trip, Hartmut. Thanks for the run-down. Look
forward to the photos! Hat Head is a great spot. I envy those
holidaying at the beach, but alpine wilderness covered in wildflowers
was pretty special too.

On 05/01/2012, greg esposito <gregespo73@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I second that motion, and am currently looking for some good, black,
> caravelle windows. Has anyone successfully attached flyscreen to these? Greg
> E
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Les Harris <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au>
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Thursday, 5 January 2012 11:33 AM
> Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: flyscreens
>
>
>
>
> Francesca,
> Try to get original
> windows. The local copy is very crude, the fit is atrocious, the rubber
> seals fall in at the corners, water gets in, runs down the inside to the
> sill,
> which then rusts. This is what has happened to mine and several other
> members.
> Les
>
>
> ________________________________
>
> From:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Francesca Coles
> Sent: 05 January 2012 11:12
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia]
> Re: flyscreens
> Hi Greg.
> We haven't got sliding windows yet. Must look into it soon, though. Kids are
> cooking in the back on warm days...
> Francesca.
>
Francesca,

If you need a screen for sliding windos, just make a loop out of that plastic coated spring for curtains and sew the screen to it. Then it just fits inside the window track.

Phill



> Francesca Coles <fcoles6@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Greg and Hartmut. Happy New Year to you. Yes, have enjoyed some
> time
> off and am now gearing up for a return to academia.
>
> I have seen the Go Westy ready-made screens and they do look good.
> However,
> someone in our house has recently purchased a sewing machine and is
> looking
> for a challenge, so like the DIY approach. Will take a look at Bunnings.
> Had a sortie to the NSW Snowy Mountains over New Year, with plenty of
> close
> encounters with airborne wildlife, so installing good flyscreens is a
> bit
> of a priority. Must get onto those sliding windows as well.... Hope
> everyone else is enjoying the summer Syncro style. Any trips planned?
> Ours
> is running well.
>
>
> Francesca.
>
You'll have to get the silver ones and paint them. I don't think that we ever had the balack ones.

Phill



> greg esposito <gregespo73@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> I second that motion, and am currently looking for some good, black,
> caravelle windows. Has anyone successfully attached flyscreen to these?
> Greg E
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Les Harris <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au>
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Thursday, 5 January 2012 11:33 AM
> Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: flyscreens
>
>
> ����
>
> Francesca,
> Try to get original
> windows.���� The local copy is very crude, the fit is atrocious, the
> rubber
> seals fall in at the corners, water gets in, runs down the inside to the
> sill,
> which then rusts.���� This is what has happened to mine and several other
> members.
> Les
> ����
>
> ________________________________
>
> From:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Francesca
> Coles
> Sent: 05 January 2012 11:12
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia]
> Re: flyscreens
> Hi Greg.
> We haven't got sliding windows yet. Must look into it soon, though. Kids
> are
> cooking in the back on warm days...
> Francesca.
>
Thanks Phill I thought that might be the case as all the caravelles had that chrome look around all the windows. I was thinking though that there were all those passenger buses made up in dealerships, did they fit sliders to those? If they did they should have bought in black ones, chance of me finding, bah bah! I think we all need to go to South Africa and fill a shipping container or two. Greg E

From: "plander@optusnet.com.au" <plander@optusnet.com.au>
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 5 January 2012 3:43 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: flyscreens

You'll have to get the silver ones and paint them. I don't think that we ever had the balack ones.

Phill



> greg esposito <gregespo73@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> I second
that motion, and am currently looking for some good, black,
> caravelle windows. Has anyone successfully attached flyscreen to these?
> Greg E
>

>
> ________________________________
>  From: Les Harris <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au>
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Thursday, 5 January 2012 11:33 AM
> Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: flyscreens

>
>   

> Francesca,
> Try to get original
> windows.  The local copy is very crude, the fit is
atrocious, the
> rubber
> seals fall in at the corners, water gets in, runs down the inside to the
> sill,
> which then rusts.  This is what has happened to mine and several other
> members.
> Les 
>  
>
> ________________________________

> From:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Francesca
> Coles
> Sent: 05 January 2012 11:12
> To:
ymailto="mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com">Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia]
> Re: flyscreens 
> Hi Greg.
> We haven't got sliding windows yet. Must look into it soon, though. Kids
> are
> cooking in the back on warm days...
> Francesca.       
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Syncro_T3_Australia/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Syncro_T3_Australia/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    Syncro_T3_Australia-digest@yahoogroups.com
    Syncro_T3_Australia-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    Syncro_T3_Australia-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



Greg,

They are aluminium frames and can be repainted easily.    The local frames are also aluminium but, if mine were typical, the corners were a good 5/6mm short of where they should have been!  Mine was part of the Trakka conversion.

Les

 


From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of greg esposito
Sent: 05 January 2012 19:40
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: flyscreens

 

Thanks Phill I thought that might be the case as all the Caravelles had that chrome look around all the windows. I was thinking though that there were all those passenger buses made up in dealerships, did they fit sliders to those? If they did they should have bought in black ones, chance of me finding, bah bah! I think we all need to go to South Africa and fill a shipping container or two. Greg E

 

From: "plander@optusnet.com.au" <plander@optusnet.com.au>
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 5 January 2012 3:43 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: flyscreens


You'll have to get the silver ones and paint them. I don't think that we ever had the black ones.

Phill

_,_._,___

They were made by Kingsley at Bankstown.



> Les Harris <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> Greg,
>
> They are aluminium frames and can be repainted easily. The local
> frames
> are also aluminium but, if mine were typical, the corners were a good
> 5/6mm
> short of where they should have been! Mine was part of the Trakka
> conversion.
>
> Les
>
>
>
> _____
>
> From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of greg esposito
> Sent: 05 January 2012 19:40
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: flyscreens
>
>
>
> Thanks Phill I thought that might be the case as all the Caravelles had
> that
> chrome look around all the windows. I was thinking though that there
> were
> all those passenger buses made up in dealerships, did they fit sliders
> to
> those? If they did they should have bought in black ones, chance of me
> finding, bah bah! I think we all need to go to South Africa and fill a
> shipping container or two. Greg E
>
>
>
> From: "plander@optusnet.com.au" <plander@optusnet.com.au>
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Thursday, 5 January 2012 3:43 PM
> Subject: Re: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: flyscreens
>
>
> You'll have to get the silver ones and paint them. I don't think that we
> ever had the black ones.
>
> Phill
>
> _,_._,___
Mine suffer the same fault. Generic windows adapted to fit in the t3 appatures. Greg E

From: Les Harris <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au>
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 5 January 2012 7:50 PM
Subject: RE: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: flyscreens

 
Greg,
They are aluminium frames and can be repainted easily.    The local frames are also aluminium but, if mine were typical, the corners were a good 5/6mm short of where they should have been!  Mine was part of the Trakka conversion.
Les
 
From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of greg esposito
Sent: 05 January 2012 19:40
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: flyscreens
 
Thanks Phill I thought that might be the case as all the Caravelles had that chrome look around all the windows. I was thinking though that there were all those passenger buses made up in dealerships, did they fit sliders to those? If they did they should have bought in black ones, chance of me finding, bah bah! I think we all need to go to South Africa and fill a shipping container or two. Greg E
 
From: "plander@optusnet.com.au" <plander@optusnet.com.au>
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 5 January 2012 3:43 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: flyscreens

You'll have to get the silver ones and paint them. I don't think that we ever had the black ones.

Phill

_,_._,___