follow up on dirty gearoil

So glad I could open up such a big can of worms.I think it has confused the issue of oil selection even further .As for my gearbox ,I have spoken to and shown my gear oil to both my mechanic and a vw "nut" and they have both suggested that it may be a result of new gears and diff "running in" or "meshing".It was suggested that I change the oil , run for 1000k's & then drain and check results.Thats what I have done and as before the gears are running quietly and are shifting smoothly.At the moment I am unsure of which way my oil selection will go ,sythetic or my tried & tested formula of good mineral oil and nulon gear additive.Thanks for all the info & I will keep you posted on my results ,cheers Eddie.
Eddie,
No it's been great, nothing like dragging out the old chestnut for a fresh airing.

VC's anyone? ....  :-))

Ken

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 10:33:14 +0000
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] follow up on dirty gearoil

So glad I could open up such a big can of worms.I think it has confused the issue of oil selection even further .As for my gearbox ,I have spoken to and shown my gear oil to both my mechanic and a vw "nut" and they have both suggested that it may be a result of new gears and diff "running in" or "meshing".It was suggested that I change the oil , run for 1000k's & then drain and check results.Thats what I have done and as before the gears are running quietly and are shifting smoothly.At the moment I am unsure of which way my oil selection will go ,sythetic or my tried & tested formula of good mineral oil and nulon gear additive.Thanks for all the info & I will keep you posted on my results ,cheers Eddie.

Sell your old one fast! Time for a new car?
Well, I've learnt something in the process. It seems we have two central Syncro propositions:

1) 'Oils ain't oils' (thanks to Castrol GTX)

and

2) 'To VC or not to VC?' (thanks to Will Shakespeare)

Francesca.

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 9:53 PM, Ken Garratt <unclekenz@hotmail.com> wrote:

Eddie,
No it's been great, nothing like dragging out the old chestnut for a fresh airing.

VC's anyone? .... :-))

Ken

Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 10:33:14 +0000
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] follow up on dirty gearoil

Sell your old one fast! Time for a new car?

There was a certain inevitability about this. 

Francesca has reached the level of true Syncronaut – pronounced Syncronut.

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Francesca Coles
Sent: 07 January 2010 06:17
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] follow up on dirty gearoil

Well, I've learnt something in the process. It seems we have two central Syncro propositions:

1) 'Oils ain't oils' (thanks to Castrol GTX)

and 

2) 'To VC or not to VC?' (thanks to Will Shakespeare)

Francesca.