fuel tank return

Hi All

On inspection fuel lines we found that the fuel return line from engine to sender is mostly perished (Bentleys 20.34 fuel supply system, components).

Question, has anybody replaced that hose , it looks pretty tricky to me. Any comments are appreciated.

Hartmut

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6551 (20111017) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com
Hi Hartmut,
I noticed yesterday that the fuel breather line going to the oxygen sensor was badly perished. I think its either 3mm or 3.5mm and looks straight forward to replace. Always a good thing to replace old fuel lines and apply new clamps.
Has anyone replaced the fuel filters on the syncro? Are there 2. One big cylinder type and a rectangular partical filter. Can anyone give me some tips on how to get to them and if both are required to be changed?
Cheers Dave

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Hartmut Kiehn" <hartis@...> wrote:
>
> Hi All
>
>
>
> On inspection fuel lines we found that the fuel return line from engine to
> sender is mostly perished (Bentleys 20.34 fuel supply system, components).
>
> Question, has anybody replaced that hose , it looks pretty tricky to me. Any
> comments are appreciated.
>
>
>
> Hartmut
>

Thanks David,

Will let you know if it was easy to replace, then again , don’t know if we are talking the same hose pipe. The one I am referring to is a FUEL RETURN and not a breather pipe. This line ends at the fuel gauge sender cover plate which is located at the left side of the fuel tank.

Hartmut

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of David
Sent: Tuesday, 18 October 2011 5:38 PM
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: fuel tank return

Hi Hartmut,
I noticed yesterday that the fuel breather line going to the oxygen sensor was badly perished. I think its either 3mm or 3.5mm and looks straight forward to replace. Always a good thing to replace old fuel lines and apply new clamps.
Has anyone replaced the fuel filters on the syncro? Are there 2. One big cylinder type and a rectangular partical filter. Can anyone give me some tips on how to get to them and if both are required to be changed?
Cheers Dave

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Hartmut Kiehn" <hartis@...> wrote:
>
> Hi All
>
>
>
> On inspection fuel lines we found that the fuel return line from engine to
> sender is mostly perished (Bentleys 20.34 fuel supply system, components).
>
> Question, has anybody replaced that hose , it looks pretty tricky to me. Any
> comments are appreciated.
>
>
>
> Hartmut
>