Fw: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Instrument Cluster?

Harold,

Try this link. This guy seems to have a few.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Scott

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2010 2:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Instrument Cluster?

Harold,

I would suggest you try the US market via -  theSamba.com as the US had a large volume of these imported with their vehicles and there were next to none brought in with this option here. Look under classifieds then scroll down to the parts section and the Vanagon section - thats whee they will be.

Once you have the cluster you can change over your speedo to reflect kms/hr or just run the miles per hour speedo with a conversion sticker.

These are fairly difficult to get.

Hence, be patient.

Cheers,

Scott

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2010 1:01 PM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Instrument Cluster?

Hi Folks,
Sorry about that last, hit the wrong key. I'm looking to upgrade my instrument cluster in a 1989 Transporter Syncro. I currently have the speedo and basic gauges but I'd like to get the cluster with a speedo, tripmeter, and tachometer etc. If anyone has a spare I'm interested. I'll keep a look out for responses or I may be directly e-mailed at oznewf@iinet.net.au Thanks for any help.

Just suggesting another alternative vendor. A fellow called Dan who goes by the eBay user ID 'vanmanbajadan' sells similar "bare speedos" for US$75 less than the Samba ad that you found. Tachometers are again very common equipment in the US. If one had the patience to assemble a unit, tachs are easier to obtain than complete Syncro clusters as 2wd Vanagons got them as well.

Typical cost for 'bare tachs' is about US$25. Foil runs US$20-$80 depending on the vendor from my most recent research.

I have a KPH Syncro speedometer which I may not be using but this does not have the trip odometer. I have another KPH speedo as well for 2wd.

This may have been posted here before. Mk2 Golf/Jetta (Bora) speedos are 1580 vs. 1600 for T3 Syncros. They can be effectively substituted as T3 speedos are notoriously inaccurate anyway. 

BenT
Sent from my instrument cluster

On May 21, 2010, at 9:28 PM, "Mr Scott Pitcher" <spbconsulting@bigpond.com> wrote:

Harold,

Try this link. This guy seems to have a few.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Scott

Thanks for the link. I am chasing down a Rev counter from this guy. Got a prompt reply to a question overnight.

Peter