Good and bad mechanics

Just back from a trip up north which I made home on the front axle only.
I wasn't sure what the problem was until a loud noise from the back led me to a completely detached outer rear cv. That came off about 1200 km's after I lost rear drive ( I have a decoupler ).I took the axle out and made it home. The cv's were changed before I left but obviously not tightened properly. Ok there were some really rough roads but this is ridiculous.
Choose your mechanic carefully. Fortunately for me my previous mechanic has gone back into business. The best Syncro man in WA is Patrick at Mosman Park Autocare.
The joys of running a 21 year old 4WD !

Mark
Thanks for the mechanic tip Mark is he the guy on Stirling Hwy with all the european cars out front opposite the big Caltex?
also are you ok to tell us who did the CVs? Greg

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "mark" <m.mullet@...> wrote:
>
> Just back from a trip up north which I made home on the front axle only.
> I wasn't sure what the problem was until a loud noise from the back led me to a completely detached outer rear cv. That came off about 1200 km's after I lost rear drive ( I have a decoupler ).I took the axle out and made it home. The cv's were changed before I left but obviously not tightened properly. Ok there were some really rough roads but this is ridiculous.
> Choose your mechanic carefully. Fortunately for me my previous mechanic has gone back into business. The best Syncro man in WA is Patrick at Mosman Park Autocare.
> The joys of running a 21 year old 4WD !
>
> Mark
>
Mark,

Heh big call re: Patrick at Mosman Park Autocare.  Phew!
Address: 674 Stirling Hwy, Mosman Park WA 6012 Ph: 08 9384 0231.

Just for our better understanding then. Are you saying you prefer Patrick over Mike at Volkshop in O'Connor?
Both businesses are relatively close, south side of Perth.

Cheers.

Ken

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 23:39:44 +0000
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Good and bad mechanics

Just back from a trip up north which I made home on the front axle only.
I wasn't sure what the problem was until a loud noise from the back led me to a completely detached outer rear cv. That came off about 1200 km's after I lost rear drive ( I have a decoupler ).I took the axle out and made it home. The cv's were changed before I left but obviously not tightened properly. Ok there were some really rough roads but this is ridiculous.
Choose your mechanic carefully. Fortunately for me my previous mechanic has gone back into business. The best Syncro man in WA is Patrick at Mosman Park Autocare.
The joys of running a 21 year old 4WD !

Mark

Quite the detective Ken !

Patrick and his business partner both run syncros.
Basically you get the guys who know them working on them.
That's about as good as it gets.

Now if Yurik worked there as well :)

Mark

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, Ken Garratt <unclekenz@...> wrote:
>
>
> Mark,
> Heh big call re: Patrick at Mosman Park Autocare. Phew!Address: 674 Stirling Hwy, Mosman Park WA 6012 Ph: 08 9384 0231.
> Just for our better understanding then. Are you saying you prefer Patrick over Mike at Volkshop in O'Connor?Both businesses are relatively close, south side of Perth.
> Cheers.
> Ken
>
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> From: m.mullet@...
> Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 23:39:44 +0000
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Good and bad mechanics
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Just back from a trip up north which I made home on the front axle only.
>
> I wasn't sure what the problem was until a loud noise from the back led me to a completely detached outer rear cv. That came off about 1200 km's after I lost rear drive ( I have a decoupler ).I took the axle out and made it home. The cv's were changed before I left but obviously not tightened properly. Ok there were some really rough roads but this is ridiculous.
>
> Choose your mechanic carefully. Fortunately for me my previous mechanic has gone back into business. The best Syncro man in WA is Patrick at Mosman Park Autocare.
>
> The joys of running a 21 year old 4WD !
>
>
>
> Mark
>