Greetings Valla Syncronaughts of 2016

Hi All,

Are people meeting at Sealy Lookout for Valla this year on Sat the 30th July?
If so what time?  Its only 2 week ends away..  

It has been very quiet on here this year looking at the group site stats.
I guess everyones Syncros are going well then! Lol.  
I bet there are members on here that have questions, no question is a silly question only the one not asked!

Lets hope Les is on the mend and can be back to the keyboard soon.
Wishing you all the best in your recovery Les.

I ran into a Syncronaught randomly in Brunswick Heads a couple of weeks ago.
Gerald how did you go with the Mechanic in Mullum?  Hope it all turned out ok..

Cheers,

Rowan Hardinge 
Morning all;
Cannot make it this year as the wife arrives from NZ on the Sunday.
Regards
Bob

Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2016 10:21 AM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Greetings Valla Syncronaughts of 2016

Hi All,

If so what time?  Its only 2 week ends away.. 

I bet there are members on here that have questions, no question is a silly question only the one not asked!

Gerald how did you go with the Mechanic in Mullum?  Hope it all turned out ok..

Cheers,

Rowan Hardinge
Hi Rowan,

I'm quiet because my syncro gearbox is unwell and I am arranging for it to be sent up to Rudi for repair.

I am still going to Valla but in my 2wd Caravelle T3.

Still working out my sleeping arrangements but I have a plan.

I am camping with some mates in the Valla Beach resort and would love to come up and say hello.

Cheers,

Skot

On 19/07/2016 10:21 AM, Rowan Hardinge rowan.hardinge@yahoo.com [Syncro_T3_Australia] wrote:
Hi All,

If so what time? Its only 2 week ends away..

Gerald how did you go with the Mechanic in Mullum? Hope it all turned out ok..

Cheers,
Rowan Hardinge

Reliable Syncro's? Sounds like a dream, my master cylinder's shot and trying to figure how to fix it currently....

Sorry to hear your still having gear box woe's Skot! Hope Rudi can help out.

Rowan, I heard from Gerald when he got home, so the problem never re-appeared and he had a good run back.

I won't make it to Valla, have been planning to for many years, but have yet to get there!

Richard

Hi Skot, i should be there by Friday could not get a spot 3 month ago so will park in front of entry as per usual.
I will bring the shipping box for the g/b wouldn't hurt to give Rudi a call and ask him to come down and collect your gbox.
Hart

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message --------
From: "Scott Pitcher spbconsulting@bigpond.com [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
Date:19/07/2016 10:38 AM (GMT+10:00)
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Cc:
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Greetings Valla Syncronaughts of 2016

Hi Rowan,

I'm quiet because my syncro gearbox is unwell and I am arranging for it to be sent up to Rudi for repair.

I am still going to Valla but in my 2wd Caravelle T3.

Still working out my sleeping arrangements but I have a plan.

I am camping with some mates in the Valla Beach resort and would love to come up and say hello.

Cheers,

Skot

On 19/07/2016 10:21 AM, Rowan Hardinge rowan.hardinge@yahoo.com [Syncro_T3_Australia] wrote:

Hi All,

If so what time?  Its only 2 week ends away..  

Gerald how did you go with the Mechanic in Mullum?  Hope it all turned out ok..

Cheers,

Rowan Hardinge 

Hi Hart,

I haven't removed the box as yet.

I've been busy getting the new white T25 caravelle 2wd reliable and able
to be slept in and putting the wiring back together in my 69 low-light
(that is a painful job).

Not sure If I would get a chance to get the gearbox out before then -
kind of keeping the van complete and usable in an emergency as I wasn't
sure how well the 2wd one would go.

It seems to be reliable (touch wood) so I am getting more and more
confident to pull out the gearbox and if I get time I will.

I wouldn't have thought Rudi would want to come all the way down just to
get my gearbox.

The other issue is my SmallCar gearbox bell-housing adapter has not been
sent yet even though I have paid for it as they were awaiting the
shortened sump to come back in stock to send the lot through. I would
like Rudi to fit that as well even though they are not that hard to fit.

Check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaqGGJhHwNQ

We shall see what happens anyway.

See you up there.

Cheers,

Skot

On 19/07/2016 3:57 PM, Hartmut Kiehn hartis@live.com.au
[Syncro_T3_Australia] wrote:
>
> I'm quiet because my syncro gearbox is unwell and I am arranging for
> it to be sent up to Rudi for repair.
>
Hi Rowan, I'm getting my syncro properly tested at my mechanic's "as we speak". I had it flatbedded twice. Once at Mullumbimby where they couldn't fault it. Then at Taree, where they cleaned the coil etc, and since then it's been starting ok. Initially it was turning over, but not starting. My mechanic is putting in a chip in the ECU, which will enable him to diagnose remotely via Wifi. Yaaaaay!!!...........we'll see.
We'll come to visit you one day next year at the Gold Coast, and we'll get the 2 silver Syncros together for a "selfie".
We also ran into another Silverado Syncro (near Grafton I think). Dave Cash was his name, he's on the forum, too. Hi Dave.
Gerald and Robyn
Yes,

Attached are some pics of Gerry and Robyn's syncro.

I will try and put them into the photo files section ASAP.

Struggling with Bigpond internet at the moment - keeps dropping out - very annoying.

Cheers,

Skot

On 20/07/2016 11:34 AM, geraldandrobyn@yahoo.com [Syncro_T3_Australia] wrote:

Hi Rowan, I'm getting my syncro properly tested at my mechanic's "as we speak". I had it flatbedded twice. Once at Mullumbimby where they couldn't fault it. Then at Taree, where they cleaned the coil etc, and since then it's been starting ok. Initially it was turning over, but not starting. My mechanic is putting in a chip in the ECU, which will enable him to diagnose remotely via Wifi. Yaaaaay!!!...........we'll see.
We'll come to visit you one day next year at the Gold Coast, and we'll get the 2 silver Syncros together for a "selfie".
We also ran into another Silverado Syncro (near Grafton I think). Dave Cash was his name, he's on the forum, too. Hi Dave.
Gerald and Robyn

Hi Rowan,

Unfortunately I won't be attending Valla this year. I have just returned from a 3 week journey to Birdsville for the Big Red Bash and I have a 60th B'day I must attend on Sat.

Syncro went really well only problem in 6500km was a broken alternator belt, fortunately I had 2 spares with me.

Hopefully catch up soon.

PK

Gold Coast
Awesome photo Peter.

Glad to hear the syncro is still going well.

Clearly no issues with scaling up the Big Red dune near Birdsville.

Cheers,

Skot

On 20/07/2016 1:36 PM, peter.kolevas@gmail.com [Syncro_T3_Australia] wrote:

Hi Rowan,

Unfortunately I won't be attending Valla this year. I have just returned from a 3 week journey to Birdsville for the Big Red Bash and I have a 60th B'day I must attend on Sat.

Syncro went really well only problem in 6500km was a broken alternator belt, fortunately I had 2 spares with me.

Hopefully catch up soon.

PK

Gold Coast
Hi ,

Gerald - Yes a Syncro selfie is in order!  I like your poptop roof..  What kind is it, I haven't seen of of those in AUS before?
Good to hear you are getting things sorted.  

Skot,  - not sure what my plans are yet, haven't made my decision.  Would be on a solo mission, which is fine, I will keep everyone posted.

Peter - Great to see your red dirt photos I will have to catch up with you on the Gold Coast soon and swap some stories!

So Far we have Hart and Skot and myself from the group showing some interest any others keen?

Rowan Hardinge 

On Wednesday, 20 July 2016, 14:14, "Scott Pitcher spbconsulting@bigpond.com [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Awesome photo Peter.

Cheers,

Skot

Hi Rowan,

Hopefully catch up soon.

PK

Gold Coast

Hi Rowan, it's an SKA type pop top. It was already in the car when I bought it. The label says made in Germany. It's cut in between the roof struts, so I guess the roof has more integrity.
Gerald
Would love to show off my new paint job at Valla but not sure it will be done in time.  Slight chance I might be there but looking unlikely.  Hope you all have fun.  Sam
I would love to go especially now I actually have a Syncro but not sure I can fit it around the family, will see how I go,

Neil.

From: "Rowan Hardinge rowan.hardinge@yahoo.com [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
To: "Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 20 July 2016, 22:13
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Greetings Valla Syncronaughts of 2016

Hi ,

Gerald - Yes a Syncro selfie is in order!  I like your poptop roof..  What kind is it, I haven't seen of of those in AUS before?
Good to hear you are getting things sorted.  

Skot,  - not sure what my plans are yet, haven't made my decision.  Would be on a solo mission, which is fine, I will keep everyone posted.

Peter - Great to see your red dirt photos I will have to catch up with you on the Gold Coast soon and swap some stories!

So Far we have Hart and Skot and myself from the group showing some interest any others keen?

Rowan Hardinge 

On Wednesday, 20 July 2016, 14:14, "Scott Pitcher spbconsulting@bigpond.com [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Awesome photo Peter.

Cheers,

Skot

Hi Rowan,

Hopefully catch up soon.

PK

Gold Coast

Rowan and All,

Below is Gerry's detail of his recent conversion which I forgot to include with his recent photo montage.

Hi Syncronaughts

We decided that we wanted our Syncro (which we've had for 3 1/2 years) to sleep, cook, sit and stand up in, as well as carry all our stuff.

My engineer mechanic fabricated, bolted in and certified a steel seat frame over the gas tank that could be lowered to make a bed.

We found a local upholsterer who made up the cushions.

And I did the cabinetry.

Enjoy the ride.
Gerald and Robyn

Cheers,

Skot

On 20/07/2016 11:23 PM, geraldandrobyn@yahoo.com [Syncro_T3_Australia] wrote:

Hi Rowan, it's an SKA type pop top. It was already in the car when I bought it. The label says made in Germany. It's cut in between the roof struts, so I guess the roof has more integrity.
Gerald

Hi Gerald,

Good to see you are on the road again and back in NSW.

Interested to hear about this “chip” in the ECU for remote diagnostics. Any further info? What engine are you running?

If you come back through Sydney on your way home give us a bell.

My mechanic is putting in a chip in the ECU, which will enable him to diagnose remotely via Wifi. Yaaaaay!!!...........we'll see.

Cheers.

-- 
Jon Bartlett

On 20 July 2016 at 11:34:10 am, geraldandrobyn@yahoo.com [Syncro_T3_Australia] (syncro_t3_australia@yahoogroups.com) wrote:

Gerald and Robyn

Hi Jon, Our Syncro got us back home to Melbourne. It has the standard 2.1 MV. But we've got more urgent repairs with our other car, so we had to swap them in and out of the mechanic's garage. We'll let you know more about the chip when it happens next week.
The fan belt stone deflectors you were asking about a few months ago that I got from Van Cafe were installed a few weeks ago by Tom on the forum. Very fiddly.....have to remove the alternator and A/C compressor and everything is very tight and awkward. I was the one to pick up the washers and nuts and hold the work light. Thanks Tom.
Gerald