I have to sell one of the syncros, any ideas as to how much to start a listing at?

HI all, 
due to those classic 'unforeseen circumstances' that we all encounter from time to time, we need to sell one of the vans. We will keep the track hi-top since we have just dropped $$$$$ on an engine rebuild and it is registered for 4 people.
We have a white tin-top full camper (ex-telstra) which I used as my daily driver. I say full camper because it has water tank, sink with electric pump, engel fridge, swing out cooker, roof vent and fan, and seat/double bed with lots of cupboard and drawer space. 
The tin top has rear seat belts but is not legal for rear seat passengers. We don't want to go into the process of finding a seat, belts, getting it fitted and engineered and so on with all the time and expense that will entail (it is fuel and LPG so I don't think the standard caravelle rear seat could be fitted as the tank is infant of the engine bulkhead beneath the bed/seat., same problem may occur with the fridge placement etc etc.
I imagine it would sots thousand sort and would probably require a re-positioning of some camper interior too. LOTS of work, but with kids it is an imperative.

It drives like its on rails, switches nicely from 98octane to LPG on the fly for cruising economically, the Viscous works well, no apparent binding and the engine has plenty of power. 

The paint has gone a bit 'flat' but is the original paint. Near new 14" tyres.

It will be sold unregistered as it has expired, but drives just fine for a buyer to take away and drive even interstate on a temp permit.

There are a couple of small spots round the windscreen where some filler had been added. I scraped it out and have left it with tape over for now so a buyer could see. I think if it needed a new windscreen it would be ideal to sort these couple of rust spots out but filler would probably be ok for a fix if a buyer wanted to just use it until a big respray or something.

SO! the big question is, how much is a reasonable going price these days?  I have seen syncs with high km's and no locking diffs listed for 25k, and non camper ex-telstras that need a lot of work going for 6k.

As anyone does, I want it to sell reasonably quickly but want to get a good price, and a fair price for what it is. 

If I was told it isn't worth more than 6k then we would keep it and pay for it to be engineered for rear seats. We would also trade or swap for a 2WD caravelle of similar value but i don't really know what that value is.

Bottom line is I don't want to underprice it and then feel stupid, and don't want to overprice and have people think we're idiots!

Unfortunatley I already bought a rear ladder for it (yet to collect) so that could be for sale to anyone here, or included with the sale of the van for the extra amount! We were going to use the ladder to go up and sit on a flat roof rack watching the sun set!!!

Any ideas on pricing these days?

Couple of pics attached

Cheers

nick
Nick,

I just saw an ex telstra syncro go for $3k which was straight with similar rust to yours and included the full telstra internal and roof racks plus ladders etc and had a few months rego left. It sold in 2 days - no wonder at that price. The second Owner wanted to retire and just wanted to get rid of it quick.

I would say put at least $8K on it as it sounds worth that IMO.

Best of luck.

Cheers,
Skot

On 17/02/2015 2:03 PM, Nicholas Fletcher nwjfletcher@yahoo.com [Syncro_T3_Australia] wrote:
HI all,
due to those classic 'unforeseen circumstances' that we all encounter from time to time, we need to sell one of the vans. We will keep the track hi-top since we have just dropped $$$$$ on an engine rebuild and it is registered for 4 people.
We have a white tin-top full camper (ex-telstra) which I used as my daily driver. I say full camper because it has water tank, sink with electric pump, engel fridge, swing out cooker, roof vent and fan, and seat/double bed with lots of cupboard and drawer space.
The tin top has rear seat belts but is not legal for rear seat passengers. We don't want to go into the process of finding a seat, belts, getting it fitted and engineered and so on with all the time and expense that will entail (it is fuel and LPG so I don't think the standard caravelle rear seat could be fitted as the tank is infant of the engine bulkhead beneath the bed/seat., same problem may occur with the fridge placement etc etc.
I imagine it would sots thousand sort and would probably require a re-positioning of some camper interior too. LOTS of work, but with kids it is an imperative.

It drives like its on rails, switches nicely from 98octane to LPG on the fly for cruising economically, the Viscous works well, no apparent binding and the engine has plenty of power.

It will be sold unregistered as it has expired, but drives just fine for a buyer to take away and drive even interstate on a temp permit.

There are a couple of small spots round the windscreen where some filler had been added. I scraped it out and have left it with tape over for now so a buyer could see. I think if it needed a new windscreen it would be ideal to sort these couple of rust spots out but filler would probably be ok for a fix if a buyer wanted to just use it until a big respray or something.

SO! the big question is, how much is a reasonable going price these days? I have seen syncs with high km's and no locking diffs listed for 25k, and non camper ex-telstras that need a lot of work going for 6k.

As anyone does, I want it to sell reasonably quickly but want to get a good price, and a fair price for what it is.

If I was told it isn't worth more than 6k then we would keep it and pay for it to be engineered for rear seats. We would also trade or swap for a 2WD caravelle of similar value but i don't really know what that value is.

Bottom line is I don't want to underprice it and then feel stupid, and don't want to overprice and have people think we're idiots!

Unfortunatley I already bought a rear ladder for it (yet to collect) so that could be for sale to anyone here, or included with the sale of the van for the extra amount! We were going to use the ladder to go up and sit on a flat roof rack watching the sun set!!!

Couple of pics attached

Cheers

nick

Thanks Skot!
I might therefore list at 10k on the assumption that there will be a fair bit of haggling along the way!

kind regards

Nick

On Tuesday, 17 February 2015, 14:47, "spbconsulting@bigpond.com [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Nick,

I just saw an ex telstra syncro go for $3k which was straight with similar rust to yours and included the  full telstra internal and roof racks plus ladders etc and had a few months rego left. It sold in 2 days - no wonder at that price. The second Owner wanted to retire and just wanted to get rid of it quick.

I would say put at least $8K on it as it sounds worth that IMO.

Best of luck.

Cheers,
Skot

On 17/02/2015 2:03 PM, Nicholas Fletcher nwjfletcher@yahoo.com [Syncro_T3_Australia] wrote:

HI all, 

SO! the big question is, how much is a reasonable going price these days?  I have seen syncs with high km's and no locking diffs listed for 25k, and non camper ex-telstras that need a lot of work going for 6k.

Couple of pics attached

Cheers

nick

Hi Nick,

I may be Interested in the roof ladder.

At 17 Feb 2015 1:03:26 pm, Nicholas Fletcher nwjfletcher@yahoo.com [Syncro_T3_Australia]<'Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com'> wrote:

HI all,

SO! the big question is, how much is a reasonable going price these days? I have seen syncs with high km's and no locking diffs listed for 25k, and non camper ex-telstras that need a lot of work going for 6k.

Couple of pics attached

Cheers

nick
Nick
Also interested in the ladder if available heading to Sydney this week
Colin
Hi there, the ladder is in Melbourne at the moment.  It comes in at $275 all in with $240 payable to me for ladder and shipping and $35 to Greg for duties etc. someone is looking at my van tomorrow and may want the ladder too so I will give him first refusal. After that we have a couple of maybes...yourself and one other, from the Syncro forum. 
I will let people know how it goes tomorrow. If the van sells then I will have a large amount of brand new parts for sale too.
Kind regards
Nick

On 20 Feb 2015, at 7:15 am, dbah78@yahoo.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia] <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Nick

Also interested in the ladder if available heading to Sydney this week
Colin