It ain't half big?

To our USA syncro members,

When it comes to US media, thankfully Oz normally doesn't rate a mention at all.
So you may not know it.
Your President Barack Obama just visited us.
I wonder what he thought about US intentions when he flew over it?
The attached map puts Oz into some perspective.
Big enough? ... Even for a syncro circumnavigation and/or criss cross N-S and E-W!

Ken

Had no idea our illustrious leader was even visiting your hamlet. You'd have to attack, be invaded, buy big, or sell big to get any mention in our press.

Or perhaps it is because you don't have enough Syncros in OZ to merit any real attention. There's probably more Syncros in my State of the Republik of Kalifornya than the entire Australian continent. You heard it here first. More Syncros = more media and Obama attention.

You figure out a way to get me elected President of the United States of America and I promise you a pair of T3/T25 Syncros with sequential production numbers even if it means we invade Europe all over again. ;-)

BenT
for president

On Nov 17, 2011, at 7:08 PM, Ken Garratt <unclekenz@hotmail.com> wrote:

To our USA syncro members,

When it comes to US media, thankfully Oz normally doesn't rate a mention at all.
So you may not know it.
Your President Barack Obama just visited us.
I wonder what he thought about US intentions when he flew over it?
The attached map puts Oz into some perspective.
Big enough? ... Even for a syncro circumnavigation and/or criss cross N-S and E-W!

Ken

<Oz.jpg>

Or bring the world financial market to its knees . . .

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of BenT Syncro
Sent: 18 November 2011 14:32
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] It ain't half big?

Had no idea our illustrious leader was even visiting your hamlet. You'd have to attack, be invaded, buy big, or sell big to get any mention in our press.

Or perhaps it is because you don't have enough Syncros in OZ to merit any real attention. There's probably more Syncros in my State of the Republik of Kalifornya than the entire Australian continent. You heard it here first. More Syncros = more media and Obama attention.

You figure out a way to get me elected President of the United States of America and I promise you a pair of T3/T25 Syncros with sequential production numbers even if it means we invade Europe all over again. ;-)

BenT

for president

My mother wisely often said ... don't live beyond your means.

So its a salutary lesson when one views the following counter ...

Ken

Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 14:59:49 +1100
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] It ain't half big?

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of BenT Syncro

BenT

for president

Actually, I feel quite hard done by.   I had my own business and paid myself an obscene amount of money, even when profits plummeted.   I drank and gambled to excess, bought cars and yachts, and I finished up in deep debt.  Why isn’t the EU giving me billions as a reward for being irresponsible and stupid?

Oops, sorry, this is the Syncro group, not the World Bank blog – sorry!

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Ken Garratt
Sent: 18 November 2011 15:40
To: _T3_Australia forum Syncro

Ken

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of BenT Syncro

BenT

for president

If you have the "means" to get credit,  isn't that living within your means?

Besides the debt clock you posted does not work on my mobile device. Must be the work of some Flash devil or they forgot to pay their ISP bills.:-)

BenT

On Nov 17, 2011, at 8:39 PM, Ken Garratt <unclekenz@hotmail.com> wrote:

Ken

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of BenT Syncro

BenT

for president

Who among you paid for your Syncro with cold, hard cash? Just curious. I did. For every single one of them. I dunno... maybe a dozen or so.

BenT
sent from empty piggy bank

On Nov 17, 2011, at 8:52 PM, "Les Harris" <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

Actually, I feel quite hard done by.   I had my own business and paid myself an obscene amount of money, even when profits plummeted.   I drank and gambled to excess, bought cars and yachts, and I finished up in deep debt.  Why isn’t the EU giving me billions as a reward for being irresponsible and stupid?

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Ken Garratt

Ken

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of BenT Syncro

BenT

for president

I have seriously transgressed my own rules here by posting an unsubstantiated opinion; to make matters worse, it was not even Syncro related.   I apologise to all.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Les Harris
Sent: 18 November 2011 15:52

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Ken Garratt

Ken

BenT

for president

Ben,

I can’t think of anyone amongst the members who would have bought their Syncro for other than cash.  We have a few original who might have been of a bank overdraft or similar.

Les

Sent: 18 November 2011 16:48

Who among you paid for your Syncro with cold, hard cash? Just curious. I did. For every single one of them. I dunno... maybe a dozen or so.

BenT

,___

Don't apologise Les.

I love this sort of humorous post. Thats one reason why Ben T was sorely missed when he was axed from the forum briefly.

We cant be serious all our lives - not much fun in that and all we are doing is jabbering about our big toy syncros.

Cheers,

Skot-e

On 18/11/2011 10:18 PM, Les Harris wrote:

I have seriously transgressed my own rules here by posting an unsubstantiated opinion; to make matters worse, it was not even Syncro related.   I apologise to all.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Les Harris
Sent: 18 November 2011 15:52

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Ken Garratt

Ken

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of BenT Syncro

BenT

for president

Les,

In the US, the term "overdraft" is a form of credit.;-)

Anyway, 90% of new car purchases here are financed. Interest paid on those loans makes it through various funds and banks all over the planet. Chances are good that if you have money in some bank or investment firm, the money you took out to purchase your Syncro was partially paid for by interest your account has earned. In other words, someone else's "living beyond their means" might have helped live within yours.

As far as Syncros go, I cannot think of any of the 300+ enthusiasts I've been personally acquainted with who financed their Syncro purchase. It's graduated to collector vehicle status. Financing companies are reluctant to loan money on vehicle which they cannot readily determine the value.

BenT
sent from my electronic leash

On Nov 18, 2011, at 3:29 AM, "Les Harris" <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

Ben,

I can’t think of anyone amongst the members who would have bought their Syncro for other than cash.  We have a few original who might have been of a bank overdraft or similar.

Les

Sent: 18 November 2011 16:48

BenT

,___

Ben T
Looks like you forgot to read the New York Times a couple of days ago, front page I believe. Key word of course - China.

Bruce

On 18/11/2011, at 1:31 PM, BenT Syncro wrote:

BenT
for president

The New York Times? I'm nearly 3,000 miles away from that place. Why in the world would I drive my Syncro that far just to read the paper? Oh Internet. Nevermind.

Anyway, forget about what Obama is doing. Remember my campaign promise, you Aussie's figure out a way to get me elected to the US Presidency and I will be make sure our government give each and everyone of you get a brand new Syncro in the colour of your choice even if it means, my great grandchildren's grandchildren have to put their grandchildren to work before the age of eight to pay for it.

BenT
for President.
(even if it means a Constitutional Amendment.;-)

Be

On Nov 18, 2011, at 12:20 PM, Alison & Bruce Black <royalb@aapt.net.au> wrote:

Ben T
Looks like you forgot to read the New York Times a couple of days ago, front page I believe. Key word of course - China.

Bruce

BenT
for president

Sorry BenT, something a little closer then that won't wear out the Syncro on a 6,000m round trip. Would be a nice drive though. Are your syncros original diesels or have you replaced a WBX?

Bruce CQ 

On 19/11/2011, at 7:28 AM, BenT Syncro wrote:

The New York Times? I'm nearly 3,000 miles away from that place. Why in the world would I drive my Syncro that far just to read the paper? Oh Internet. Nevermind.

Anyway, forget about what Obama is doing. Remember my campaign promise, you Aussie's figure out a way to get me elected to the US Presidency and I will be make sure our government give each and everyone of you get a brand new Syncro in the colour of your choice even if it means, my great grandchildren's grandchildren have to put their grandchildren to work before the age of eight to pay for it.

BenT
for President.

You got my vote Ben.

Cheers,

Skot

On 19/11/2011 8:28 AM, BenT Syncro wrote:

BenT
for President.

Be

sent from my electronic leash

Ben T

Bruce

BenT
for president

You mean Ben bought your vote!  haha
Ken

Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 09:54:02 +1100

You got my vote Ben.

Cheers,

Skot

BenT
for President.

Be

Ben T

Bruce

BenT
for president

Bruce,

One Syncro had a JX (1.6TD) from the factory along with 16" option. The engine was replaced with an AAZ (1.9TD). The other was a DX (1.6NA) with AAZ as well. I do have other T3's which are not Syncros. All started life w/ WBX's. One was a Subaru 2.2EJT, another an ABA VW inline-4 w/ earlier non-crossflow head from a 1.8 gasser mounted at 15 degrees. Recently sold another w/ a 1.8 VW Inline-4 w/ CIS-E. 

I generally can't leave things well enough alone. The 16" Doka is as close to original as I have. Besides the engine, the drivetrain is "as-delivered". The body has had surgery to implant a 4th door ala' Tristar. A Swedish Vindic canopy has been installed to protect the cargo with a so-called headache rack to protect the occupants. Brakes are dual-piston Audi G60's w/ 303mm discs upfront & stock LT size drums in the rear. Steel wrap-around SA bumpers up front w/ rears to be installed. 17" alloys for daily wear and 16" factory steelies for trail work. Other than those few modest add-ons, she is as close to the way she was delivered.

With 6.17 R&P with a diesel turning things, it is more than happy to pull tree stumps all day. But a trip to New York would require the patience of Job. It's not a 'job' I am willing to take. 

BenT

On Nov 18, 2011, at 2:07 PM, Alison & Bruce Black <royalb@aapt.net.au> wrote:

Sorry BenT, something a little closer then that won't wear out the Syncro on a 6,000m round trip. Would be a nice drive though. Are your syncros original diesels or have you replaced a WBX?

Bruce CQ 

On 19/11/2011, at 7:28 AM, BenT Syncro wrote:

BenT
for President.

Thank you, Skot. Now I just need to get you to emigrate here; become a naturalised citizen; then register to vote!

One down. 311,000,000 to go. Oh wait, I only need a small percentage of that.

The inside joke was that I cannot run for President here unless the US Constitution is amended to permit foreign born citizens to run for the top office. Hence, the campaign which seemed impossible. If you can change the US Constitution, returning the T3 Syncro to production can be accomplished with much less effort.

BenT

On Nov 18, 2011, at 2:54 PM, Scott Pitcher <spbconsulting@bigpond.com> wrote:

You got my vote Ben.

Cheers,

Skot

BenT
for President.

Be

Ben T

Bruce

BenT
for president

Ken,

Politicians have been buying votes since Adam & Eve took a straw poll on who was going to bite the apple first.;-)

I've you've voted for a politician recently, it was for some reason. Regardless of the recent, you voted for them because they met your requirement. Requirement being your price. They've bought your vote.

The first thing I learned in contract law is there has to be compensation in a contract. Compensation doesn't always have to be in money. It could be love and affection. Or it could be Syncros in every garage. For some of us, love and affection and Syncro are synonymous or synchronous.

BenT
sent from my rested case

On Nov 18, 2011, at 2:58 PM, Ken Garratt <unclekenz@hotmail.com> wrote:

You mean Ben bought your vote!  haha
Ken

Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 09:54:02 +1100

You got my vote Ben.

Cheers,

Skot

BenT
for President.

Be

Ben T

Bruce

BenT
for president

My vote is very easily bought though Ben.

Any Politicians out there - start sending the cheques through now!

Cheers,

Skot-e

On 19/11/2011 10:54 AM, BenT Syncro wrote:
Thank you, Skot. Now I just need to get you to emigrate here; become a naturalised citizen; then register to vote!

One down. 311,000,000 to go. Oh wait, I only need a small percentage of that.

The inside joke was that I cannot run for President here unless the US Constitution is amended to permit foreign born citizens to run for the top office. Hence, the campaign which seemed impossible. If you can change the US Constitution, returning the T3 Syncro to production can be accomplished with much less effort.

BenT

On Nov 18, 2011, at 2:54 PM, Scott Pitcher <spbconsulting@bigpond.com> wrote:

You got my vote Ben.

Cheers,

Skot

BenT
for President.

Be

Ben T

Bruce

BenT
for president