It ain't half big?

Great! Let me get out my cheques from my Nigerian bank account. Now I will pay you $1,000 for your vote. However, some of the voters I buying from insists on cash. So if you don't mind, I will send you $10,000. I will send a courier to fetch $8,000 cash from you. You may keep the extra $1,000 for your troubles, my friend. I hope you don't mind also to let my courier take your Syncro for a test drive. He has been keen to test one with Subaru power as I heard you have. He will require a little solitude to fully appreciate the beautiful sounds of your powerful motor. Please I hope you don't mind permitting him to drive by himself. He is fully bonded by eBay Syncro Escrow Services. Thank in advance and see you at the polls.

BenT
sent from my cup of coffee

On Nov 18, 2011, at 5:01 PM, Scott Pitcher <spbconsulting@bigpond.com> wrote:

>
>
> My vote is very easily bought though Ben.
>
> Any Politicians out there - start sending the cheques through now!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Skot-e
>
>
> The inside joke was that I cannot run for President here unless the US
> Constitution is amended to permit foreign born citizens to run for the
> top office.

In our constitution it does not allow an Australian in the top job.
Good point! Abdicate, I say!

BenT
for figurehead monarch

On Nov 18, 2011, at 5:49 PM, plander@optusnet.com.au wrote:

>
>> The inside joke was that I cannot run for President here unless the US
>> Constitution is amended to permit foreign born citizens to run for the
>> top office.
>
> In our constitution it does not allow an Australian in the top job.
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
Unfortunately Ben,

Some Aussies are silly enough to fall for such a wonderful offer you just made. Apart from the syncro part - nobody that owns a syncro is anywhere near that silly. Maybe make that offer to someone who just bought a Prius or one of those "lovely" Chinese Great Wall vehicles.

Those Nigerians must have a great way of sugar coating the fact that you basically give them all your money in the off chance that they may give you an inheritance to their lost uncles fortune.

Skot-E

On 19/11/2011 12:28 PM, BenT Syncro wrote:

Great! Let me get out my cheques from my Nigerian bank account. Now I will pay you $1,000 for your vote. However, some of the voters I buying from insists on cash. So if you don't mind, I will send you $10,000. I will send a courier to fetch $8,000 cash from you. You may keep the extra $1,000 for your troubles, my friend. I hope you don't mind also to let my courier take your Syncro for a test drive. He has been keen to test one with Subaru power as I heard you have. He will require a little solitude to fully appreciate the beautiful sounds of your powerful motor. Please I hope you don't mind permitting him to drive by himself. He is fully bonded by eBay Syncro Escrow Services. Thank in advance and see you at the polls.

BenT

>
>
>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Skot-e
>
>

The New York Times is free, online, every day.
You just have to sign up for it.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 1:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] It ain't half big?

The New York Times? I'm nearly 3,000 miles away from that place. Why in the world would I drive my Syncro that far just to read the paper? Oh Internet. Nevermind.

Anyway, forget about what Obama is doing. Remember my campaign promise, you Aussie's figure out a way to get me elected to the US Presidency and I will be make sure our government give each and everyone of you get a brand new Syncro in the colour of your choice even if it means, my great grandchildren's grandchildren have to put their grandchildren to work before the age of eight to pay for it.

BenT
for President.
(even if it means a Constitutional Amendment.;-)

Be

sent from my electronic leash

On Nov 18, 2011, at 12:20 PM, Alison & Bruce Black <royalb@aapt.net.au> wrote:

Ben T
Looks like you forgot to read the New York Times a couple of days ago, front page I believe. Key word of course - China.

Bruce

On 18/11/2011, at 1:31 PM, BenT Syncro wrote:

Had no idea our illustrious leader was even visiting your hamlet. You'd have to attack, be invaded, buy big, or sell big to get any mention in our press.

Or perhaps it is because you don't have enough Syncros in OZ to merit any real attention. There's probably more Syncros in my State of the Republik of Kalifornya than the entire Australian continent. You heard it here first. More Syncros = more media and Obama attention.

You figure out a way to get me elected President of the United States of America and I promise you a pair of T3/T25 Syncros with sequential production numbers even if it means we invade Europe all over again. ;-)

BenT
for president

BenT
        Sounds like a nice collection. I would like a Doka but I'm afraid that the bank balance won't allow that indulgence . 
I have a standard 1Z 1.9TDI in my van with the 5.43 R&P. I put in a higher ratio 3rd and 4th gears and and have 235/75R15 so it is fairly slow on the highway as well. I try and keep to minor roads without many trucks.

Bruce CQ

On 19/11/2011, at 9:47 AM, BenT Syncro wrote:

Bruce,

One Syncro had a JX (1.6TD) from the factory along with 16" option. The engine was replaced with an AAZ (1.9TD). The other was a DX (1.6NA) with AAZ as well. I do have other T3's which are not Syncros. All started life w/ WBX's. One was a Subaru 2.2EJT, another an ABA VW inline-4 w/ earlier non-crossflow head from a 1.8 gasser mounted at 15 degrees. Recently sold another w/ a 1.8 VW Inline-4 w/ CIS-E. 

I generally can't leave things well enough alone. The 16" Doka is as close to original as I have. Besides the engine, the drivetrain is "as-delivered". The body has had surgery to implant a 4th door ala' Tristar. A Swedish Vindic canopy has been installed to protect the cargo with a so-called headache rack to protect the occupants. Brakes are dual-piston Audi G60's w/ 303mm discs upfront & stock LT size drums in the rear. Steel wrap-around SA bumpers up front w/ rears to be installed. 17" alloys for daily wear and 16" factory steelies for trail work. Other than those few modest add-ons, she is as close to the way she was delivered.

With 6.17 R&P with a diesel turning things, it is more than happy to pull tree stumps all day. But a trip to New York would require the patience of Job. It's not a 'job' I am willing to take. 

Skot,

Those sort of scams work because they prey on people's greed. It works just as well on my side of the pond. 90% of responses to ads I place on the electronic bulletin board called Craigslist are such scams. For a while I humoured myself by setting up separate email addresses specific for answering the obvious scammers. The account was under the name of famous bodybuilder turned politician. I even used his office address & tel# when the scammers asked for it. Not once did the respondents question the name Schwarzenegger or the address to the California governor's office as the place to send their faque cashier's cheques. I eventually tired of the exercise. I have no idea if the gov'nor's office ever pursued any of the miscreants. 

BenT

On Nov 18, 2011, at 10:03 PM, Scott Pitcher <spbconsulting@bigpond.com> wrote:

Unfortunately Ben,

Some Aussies are silly enough to fall for such a wonderful offer you just made. Apart from the syncro part - nobody that owns a syncro is anywhere near that silly. Maybe make that offer to someone who just bought a Prius or one of those "lovely" Chinese Great Wall vehicles.

Those Nigerians must have a great way of sugar coating the fact that you basically give them all your money in the off chance that they may give you an inheritance to their lost uncles fortune.

Skot-E

BenT

>
>
>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Skot-e
>
>

Really? Why didn't Bruce mention it? Bruce???

:-)

Scott, tongue was firmly in cheek as I typed those postings.

BenT

On Nov 18, 2011, at 11:00 PM, "Scott Daniel  - Turbovans" <ScottDaniel@turbovans.com> wrote:

The New York Times is free, online, every day.
You just have to sign up for it.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 1:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] It ain't half big?

The New York Times? I'm nearly 3,000 miles away from that place. Why in the world would I drive my Syncro that far just to read the paper? Oh Internet. Nevermind.

Anyway, forget about what Obama is doing. Remember my campaign promise, you Aussie's figure out a way to get me elected to the US Presidency and I will be make sure our government give each and everyone of you get a brand new Syncro in the colour of your choice even if it means, my great grandchildren's grandchildren have to put their grandchildren to work before the age of eight to pay for it.

BenT
for President.
(even if it means a Constitutional Amendment.;-)

I'm glad someone gave them some of their own medicine.

I just tend to hang up on them or delete scam messages. I don't think they deserve any more of my time than that.

Skot

On 19/11/2011 9:12 PM, BenT Syncro wrote:
Skot,

Those sort of scams work because they prey on people's greed. It works just as well on my side of the pond. 90% of responses to ads I place on the electronic bulletin board called Craigslist are such scams. For a while I humoured myself by setting up separate email addresses specific for answering the obvious scammers. The account was under the name of famous bodybuilder turned politician. I even used his office address & tel# when the scammers asked for it. Not once did the respondents question the name Schwarzenegger or the address to the California governor's office as the place to send their faque cashier's cheques. I eventually tired of the exercise. I have no idea if the gov'nor's office ever pursued any of the miscreants.

BenT

sent from my electronic leash

Unfortunately Ben,

Skot-E

BenT

>
>
>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Skot-e
>
>

Bruce,

The 1Z is even more finicky as far as gearing goes. They are wonderfully silky and incredibly frugal in the cars they were originally designed for. 

I acquired a B4 Passat with a 1Z as a donor for a Syncro with 4.86 R&P. But as I drove the little sedan to evaluate the condition of the engine, I fell in love with the combination. I could cruise up Interstate-80 towards Lake Tahoe at 90mph up to some 7,000ft above sea level over the infamous Donner Summit (Donner dinner party?) and still get 36-38mpg. On the way down averaging 46mpg. I still had the "swap itch". I just could not see how the T3 Syncro gearing could be adequate enough to suit this engine. Since B3/B4 Syncros were never sold here, I resorted to putting the assembly in a station wagon (estate) body. I couldn't be happier.

As I've probably mentioned here before, my fiancée's idea of camping is a standard room at a 4-star hotel. There was no point in having Syncro Westfalias. So I sold all the and replaced with the Dokas. I can still play with my Syncro pals and not have to carry all the weight. Without the canopy, it tips the scales at around 3,310lbs. Compare that to a fully laden Syncro Westfalia at over 5,600lbs. I've heard people running in the mid-6K's. That said, the measly 78HP can be more than adequate from the AAZ. An intercooler and larger turbo can push it to 100+HP w/ stump pulling torque. The next step would be to swap in 4.86 R&P which is the common ratios in all Syncros delivered in the US. I am already using "rubber gears" in the form of taller 17" wheels and tall tyres for cruising duties. Note that I have a factory 16" which has the extended rear swingarm and wheel arches factory trimmed to accommodate larger tyres.

Regards,

BenT

On Nov 19, 2011, at 1:22 AM, Alison & Bruce Black <royalb@aapt.net.au> wrote:

BenT
        Sounds like a nice collection. I would like a Doka but I'm afraid that the bank balance won't allow that indulgence . 
I have a standard 1Z 1.9TDI in my van with the 5.43 R&P. I put in a higher ratio 3rd and 4th gears and and have 235/75R15 so it is fairly slow on the highway as well. I try and keep to minor roads without many trucks.

Bruce CQ

On 19/11/2011, at 9:47 AM, BenT Syncro wrote:

Bruce,

One Syncro had a JX (1.6TD) from the factory along with 16" option. The engine was replaced with an AAZ (1.9TD). The other was a DX (1.6NA) with AAZ as well. I do have other T3's which are not Syncros. All started life w/ WBX's. One was a Subaru 2.2EJT, another an ABA VW inline-4 w/ earlier non-crossflow head from a 1.8 gasser mounted at 15 degrees. Recently sold another w/ a 1.8 VW Inline-4 w/ CIS-E. 

I generally can't leave things well enough alone. The 16" Doka is as close to original as I have. Besides the engine, the drivetrain is "as-delivered". The body has had surgery to implant a 4th door ala' Tristar. A Swedish Vindic canopy has been installed to protect the cargo with a so-called headache rack to protect the occupants. Brakes are dual-piston Audi G60's w/ 303mm discs upfront & stock LT size drums in the rear. Steel wrap-around SA bumpers up front w/ rears to be installed. 17" alloys for daily wear and 16" factory steelies for trail work. Other than those few modest add-ons, she is as close to the way she was delivered.

With 6.17 R&P with a diesel turning things, it is more than happy to pull tree stumps all day. But a trip to New York would require the patience of Job. It's not a 'job' I am willing to take. 

I had an Uncle and Aunt who worked as physicians in Nigeria for nearly ten years. They said there were Internet "clinics" for would be scammers all over Lagos. For about US$20 they taught you how to put together a basic Internet scam. They sell you a starter list of known working email addresses for a separate fee. The local authorities supposedly tolerated this because it was a good source of foreign capital.

I heard the other half of the scams are now coming from Romania and China. But with the Internet, it's difficult to say where the perpetrators are really coming from. For all I know, it could be the 8-year old next door. He seems to always have more money than I do.

BenT

On Nov 19, 2011, at 2:32 AM, Scott Pitcher <spbconsulting@bigpond.com> wrote:

I just tend to hang up on them or delete scam messages. I don't think they deserve any more of my time than that.

Skot

Skot,

BenT

Unfortunately Ben,

Skot-E

BenT

>
>
>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Skot-e
>
>

I have a similar worry about a bloke who lives diagonally across the road from me. All he does is play in a 2 person band with his wife once a month on average yet he can afford to run his home air cond 24/7, have two brand new cars (no syncros - so I know I cant trust him) and have tradesmen regularly do work around his place.

He's old enough to get a pension, yet from what I have heard the pension will not make you that rich - unless ofcourse you are a former politician.

On 19/11/2011 9:46 PM, BenT Syncro wrote:
I had an Uncle and Aunt who worked as physicians in Nigeria for nearly ten years. They said there were Internet "clinics" for would be scammers all over Lagos. For about US$20 they taught you how to put together a basic Internet scam. They sell you a starter list of known working email addresses for a separate fee. The local authorities supposedly tolerated this because it was a good source of foreign capital.

I heard the other half of the scams are now coming from Romania and China. But with the Internet, it's difficult to say where the perpetrators are really coming from. For all I know, it could be the 8-year old next door. He seems to always have more money than I do.

BenT

On Nov 19, 2011, at 2:32 AM, Scott Pitcher <spbconsulting@bigpond.com> wrote:

Skot

Skot,

BenT

Unfortunately Ben,

Skot-E

BenT

>
>
>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Skot-e
>
>

You hit the proverbial nail right on the head. He DOESN'T own a Syncro. That's why bloke has money. The same could be said about the 8-year old next door.

BenT

On Nov 19, 2011, at 3:06 AM, Scott Pitcher <spbconsulting@bigpond.com> wrote:

>
>
> I have a similar worry about a bloke who lives diagonally across the road from me. All he does is play in a 2 person band with his wife once a month on average yet he can afford to run his home air cond 24/7, have two brand new cars (no syncros - so I know I cant trust him) and have tradesmen regularly do work around his place.
>
> He's old enough to get a pension, yet from what I have heard the pension will not make you that rich - unless ofcourse you are a former politician.
>
I heard that Arnie won $5,000,000 in a Nigerian lottery. All that he had to do was to send his bank details.

> BenT Syncro <syncro@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Skot,
>
> Those sort of scams work because they prey on people's greed. It works
> just as well on my side of the pond. 90% of responses to ads I place on
> the electronic bulletin board called Craigslist are such scams. For a
> while I humoured myself by setting up separate email addresses specific
> for answering the obvious scammers. The account was under the name of
> famous bodybuilder turned politician. I even used his office address &
> tel# when the scammers asked for it. Not once did the respondents
> question the name Schwarzenegger or the address to the California
> governor's office as the place to send their faque cashier's cheques. I
> eventually tired of the exercise. I have no idea if the gov'nor's office
> ever pursued any of the miscreants.
>
>
>
> BenT
>
> sent from my electronic leash
>
> On Nov 18, 2011, at 10:03 PM, Scott Pitcher <spbconsulting@bigpond.com>
> wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > Unfortunately Ben,
> >
> > Some Aussies are silly enough to fall for such a wonderful offer you
> just made. Apart from the syncro part - nobody that owns a syncro is
> anywhere near that silly. Maybe make that offer to someone who just
> bought a Prius or one of those "lovely" Chinese Great Wall vehicles.
> >
> > Those Nigerians must have a great way of sugar coating the fact that
> you basically give them all your money in the off chance that they may
> give you an inheritance to their lost uncles fortune.
> >
> > Skot-E
> >
> > On 19/11/2011 12:28 PM, BenT Syncro wrote:
> >>
> >> Great! Let me get out my cheques from my Nigerian bank account. Now I
> will pay you $1,000 for your vote. However, some of the voters I buying
> from insists on cash. So if you don't mind, I will send you $10,000. I
> will send a courier to fetch $8,000 cash from you. You may keep the
> extra $1,000 for your troubles, my friend. I hope you don't mind also to
> let my courier take your Syncro for a test drive. He has been keen to
> test one with Subaru power as I heard you have. He will require a little
> solitude to fully appreciate the beautiful sounds of your powerful
> motor. Please I hope you don't mind permitting him to drive by himself.
> He is fully bonded by eBay Syncro Escrow Services. Thank in advance and
> see you at the polls.
> >>
> >> BenT
> >> sent from my cup of coffee
> >>
> >> On Nov 18, 2011, at 5:01 PM, Scott Pitcher
> <spbconsulting@bigpond.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > My vote is very easily bought though Ben.
> >> >
> >> > Any Politicians out there - start sending the cheques through now!
> >> >
> >> > Cheers,
> >> >
> >> > Skot-e
> >> >
> >> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
£5,000,000.

BenT
sent from my winning ticket

On Nov 19, 2011, at 11:50 AM, plander@optusnet.com.au wrote:

> I heard that Arnie won $5,000,000 in a Nigerian lottery. All that he had to do was to send his bank details.
>
>
>
>> BenT Syncro <syncro@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Skot,
>>
>> Those sort of scams work because they prey on people's greed. It works
>> just as well on my side of the pond. 90% of responses to ads I place on
>> the electronic bulletin board called Craigslist are such scams. For a
>> while I humoured myself by setting up separate email addresses specific
>> for answering the obvious scammers. The account was under the name of
>> famous bodybuilder turned politician. I even used his office address &
>> tel# when the scammers asked for it. Not once did the respondents
>> question the name Schwarzenegger or the address to the California
>> governor's office as the place to send their faque cashier's cheques. I
>> eventually tired of the exercise. I have no idea if the gov'nor's office
>> ever pursued any of the miscreants.
>>
>>
>>
>> BenT
>>
>> sent from my electronic leash
>>
>> On Nov 18, 2011, at 10:03 PM, Scott Pitcher <spbconsulting@bigpond.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Unfortunately Ben,
>>>
>>> Some Aussies are silly enough to fall for such a wonderful offer you
>> just made. Apart from the syncro part - nobody that owns a syncro is
>> anywhere near that silly. Maybe make that offer to someone who just
>> bought a Prius or one of those "lovely" Chinese Great Wall vehicles.
>>>
>>> Those Nigerians must have a great way of sugar coating the fact that
>> you basically give them all your money in the off chance that they may
>> give you an inheritance to their lost uncles fortune.
>>>
>>> Skot-E
>>>
>>> On 19/11/2011 12:28 PM, BenT Syncro wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Great! Let me get out my cheques from my Nigerian bank account. Now I
>> will pay you $1,000 for your vote. However, some of the voters I buying
>> from insists on cash. So if you don't mind, I will send you $10,000. I
>> will send a courier to fetch $8,000 cash from you. You may keep the
>> extra $1,000 for your troubles, my friend. I hope you don't mind also to
>> let my courier take your Syncro for a test drive. He has been keen to
>> test one with Subaru power as I heard you have. He will require a little
>> solitude to fully appreciate the beautiful sounds of your powerful
>> motor. Please I hope you don't mind permitting him to drive by himself.
>> He is fully bonded by eBay Syncro Escrow Services. Thank in advance and
>> see you at the polls.
>>>>
>>>> BenT
>>>> sent from my cup of coffee
>>>>
>>>> On Nov 18, 2011, at 5:01 PM, Scott Pitcher
>> <spbconsulting@bigpond.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> My vote is very easily bought though Ben.
>>>>>
>>>>> Any Politicians out there - start sending the cheques through now!
>>>>>
>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>
>>>>> Skot-e
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
>