Japan kit Syncros

Hey Les scroll down to just after the no trouble changing wheels pic not sure about the source but that's what I was referring to.

Best Regards Pete SEQ

http://www.club80-90syncro.co.uk/Syncro_website/TechnicalPages/_THE%20SYNCRO%20STORY.htm

Pete,

That article says only 2108 Right hand drive syncros were ever produced out of the total of 43468 made in Graz Austria.

Also that German market "Magma" or the Tristars's predecessor has the same alloy wheels as the SOuth Afriican Syncro you bought doesnt it?

Funny how parts get around the place.

Cheers,

Skot

On 8/01/2014 3:27 PM, peterw1000@gmail.com wrote:

Hey Les scroll down to just after the no trouble changing wheels pic not sure about the source but that's what I was referring to.

Best Regards Pete SEQ

http://www.club80-90syncro.co.uk/Syncro_website/TechnicalPages/_THE%20SYNCRO%20STORY.htm

Pete,

Yo!!  It would be interesting to know a lot more about that.  Most Asian countries are LH drive but Japan is RH drive.  Given the very low numbers of T3 Syncros produced, particularly in RH drive, one would wonder why any would be sent anywhere as CKD.  

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of peterw1000@gmail.com
Sent: 08 January 2014 15:27
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Japan kit Syncros

Best Regards Pete SEQ

Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Japan kit Syncros Not a Syncro – at least not by the placement of the fuel inlet, but I took these T3 pix in Japan last year. Nice rig. May be of interest to the group.

Cheers Murray

On 8/01/14 4:03 PM, "spbconsulting@bigpond.com" <spbconsulting@bigpond.com> wrote:

Pete,

That article says only 2108 Right hand drive syncros were ever produced out of the total of 43468 made in Graz Austria.

Also that German market "Magma" or the Tristars's predecessor has the same alloy wheels as the SOuth Afriican Syncro you bought doesnt it?

Cheers,

Skot

Best Regards Pete SEQ

Looks LHD too Murray.

Skot

On 8/01/2014 4:23 PM, Murray Lee wrote:

Not a Syncro – at least not by the placement of the fuel inlet, but I took these T3 pix in Japan last year. Nice rig. May be of interest to the group.

Cheers Murray

On 8/01/14 4:03 PM, "spbconsulting@bigpond.com" <spbconsulting@bigpond.com> wrote:

Pete,

Cheers,

Skot

Best Regards Pete SEQ

Yes Les its an interesting read but interesting points were the low production numbers of the <Telstra> panel van 3rd behind tri star then 16 inch Syncro only about 58oo units ?
.My SA Microbus is a DJ no cat 112 hp same as Jens.... 6000 units.
Found the problem is the fuel pump got it running but wont pump any one had one apart or got one from a conversion they don't need ?.
.. Imagine if the 16 inch dual diff lock was telstras choice.
Think stewart said there were about 2000 made in SA all up and these would have been rhd judging by my rhd only nose cone so Scott think maybe 4000 rhd counting SA who knows.??
Had not noticed Magna wheels but your right good spotting.
Les think with your contacts might be able to find Simon the author that's his syncro late in the story someone must know him in the UK syncro forum, would be a great chat his access to the info looks comprensive?
The first syncro was a stick shift auto interesting.
Subi gears could get you close to a bay window Syncro copy with a subi auto 4x4 flick shift.
The exhaust through the bumper should have been carried into the T3 first thing to suffer reversing in shirty spots.
Best Regards Pete SEQ

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Les Harris <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

Pete,

Yo!! It would be interesting to know a lot more about that. Most Asian countries are LH drive but Japan is RH drive. Given the very low numbers of T3 Syncros produced, particularly in RH drive, one would wonder why any would be sent anywhere as CKD.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of peterw1000@gmail.com

Best Regards Pete SEQ

Nice Blue one Murray in the snow where did I see a shot like that? what were you thinking did you take it skiing past.......Pete

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 9:36 PM, <spbconsulting@bigpond.com> wrote:

Looks LHD too Murray.

Skot

Not a Syncro – at least not by the placement of the fuel inlet, but I took these T3 pix in Japan last year. Nice rig. May be of interest to the group.

Cheers Murray

Pete,

Cheers,

Skot

Best Regards Pete SEQ

Hey Les this was in the links section of the article its Simons the author of that article, Tell him your the top ring leader Aussie fanatic he was referring too. He Might post some of his files about kits etc for us...............Pete SEQ

syncro@vwt2oc.org

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Les Harris <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

Pete,

Yo!! It would be interesting to know a lot more about that. Most Asian countries are LH drive but Japan is RH drive. Given the very low numbers of T3 Syncros produced, particularly in RH drive, one would wonder why any would be sent anywhere as CKD.

Les

Best Regards Pete SEQ

Simon is a friend of mine. What do you need to know?

Phill
Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Japan kit Syncros Yeah, I have a thing with Blue T3s in the snow Pete. The photos were taken at Cortina, Near Hakuba – we’d just pulled up in a shuttle bus, it was about –15 degrees and snowing in powdered sheets. Not the day to climb over the vehicle I’m afraid. But oh boy, the skiing was good!

On 8/01/14 11:12 PM, "Peter Wilson" <peterw1000@gmail.com> wrote:

Nice Blue one Murray in the snow where did I see a shot like that? what were you thinking did you take it skiing past.......Pete

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 9:36 PM,  <spbconsulting@bigpond.com> wrote:

Looks LHD too Murray.

Skot

Cheers Murray

On 8/01/14 4:03 PM, "spbconsulting@bigpond.com <http://spbconsulting@bigpond.com> " <spbconsulting@bigpond.com <http://spbconsulting@bigpond.com> > wrote:

Pete,

Cheers,

Skot

On 8/01/2014 3:27 PM, peterw1000@gmail.com <http://peterw1000@gmail.com>  wrote:

Best Regards Pete SEQ

Phill,

Given that Simon appears to have delved far deeper into production numbers that anyone else, might it be possible that he has some knowledge of the numbers delivered to Telecom?  

Would anyone have a copy of his excellent publication in the original format?  I have seen several but they are all seriously out of register, particularly text spilling out of text boxes.  It would be great to have a clear copy.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of plander@optusnet.com.au
Sent: 09 January 2014 07:42
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Japan kit Syncros

Simon is a friend of mine. What do you need to know?
Phill

I gave Simon most of the Australian information, so it is not that reliable. I probably have a copy of his work somewhere. I'll have a look when I get a chance.

Phill
Looks like a Carat or Oettinger lower body kit.
Peter S

//--Original Message Text---
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 05:23:34 +0000

Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Japan kit Syncros

Not a Syncro at least not by the placement of the fuel inlet, but I took these T3 pix in Japan last year. Nice rig. May be of interest to the group.

Cheers Murray

Pete,

Cheers,

Skot

Best Regards Pete SEQ