Kombi Museum Germany Special Visit - Call for Photos

Oz Syncronauts

I have liaised with the "Bulli Museum" near Hannover (www.bullimuseum.eu) and have been invited by it's chairman to visit before it's official opening. I will be visiting at the end of February.

I would like to present to the Museum a few items. Les suggested to me that this include some high-resolution photographs of our Syncros in the Australian context. These may then be able to be used by the Museum in it's displays.

I have created a 'Flickr' photo group for this purpose

Why? Flickr

a) is owned by Yahoo - you can access this with your Yahoo account
b) Flickr (unlike Yahoo groups) allows storage of high-resolution photographs (and even video)

If you would like to contribute a few of your favourite Syncro individual / group / action shots and have them presented to the Bulli Museum, please contribute them here.

I understand the procedure to do this is:

b) Login with your Yahoo account (or even Gmail or Facebook is now also possible)
c) Upload a few favourites to your own Flickr photo area
d) 'Share / Pool' those photos to the syncro_t3_australia group

Each contributor will receive a copy of final disc / DVD that is prepared which include these photos, the video of the Syncro Australia Safari and so on. This will help form part of the history of the Syncro in Australia, and of course the history of this group, which will be nearing it's 10th anniversary in a couple of years.

Regards
Mark.

Good work Mark. Phills iconic "big roo" would have to be ring in, Maaaate. Greg E

--- On Sun, 13/2/11, Mark Kofahl <markkofahl@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Kombi Museum Germany Special Visit - Call for Photos
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Received: Sunday, 13 February, 2011, 9:19 AM

Oz Syncronauts

I have liaised with the "Bulli Museum" near Hannover (www.bullimuseum.eu) and have been invited by it's chairman to visit before it's official opening. I will be visiting at the end of February.

I would like to present to the Museum a few items. Les suggested to me that this include some high-resolution photographs of our Syncros in the Australian context. These may then be able to be used by the Museum in it's displays.

Why? Flickr 

b) Flickr (unlike Yahoo groups) allows storage of high-resolution photographs (and even video)

If you would like to contribute a few of your favourite Syncro individual / group / action shots and have them presented to the Bulli Museum, please contribute them here. 

b) Login with your Yahoo account (or even Gmail or Facebook is now also possible)

Each contributor will receive a copy of final disc / DVD that is prepared which include these photos, the video of the Syncro Australia Safari and so on. This will help form part of the history of the Syncro in Australia, and of course the history of this group, which will be nearing it's 10th anniversary in a couple of years.

Regards
Mark.

Hey Mark,

Is it a pre-requisite to grow a beard for Syncro ownership in OZ? Just wondering because the two fellows on the left look like they don't belong. Guessing they must be tourist from a neighbouring island.;-)

BenT 
clean shaven since 1994
yes, even asians shave

On Feb 12, 2011, at 2:19 PM, Mark Kofahl <markkofahl@gmail.com> wrote:

Oz Syncronauts

I have liaised with the "Bulli Museum" near Hannover (www.bullimuseum.eu) and have been invited by it's chairman to visit before it's official opening. I will be visiting at the end of February.

Why? Flickr 

Regards
Mark.

Ben,

I am 77 and have never been clean-shaven in my life.  When my moustache began to grow, I let it grow.   Not all that long after that, I let the beard grow.   I had a beard at a time when absolutely no one in Australia had a beard and this resulted in many interesting encounters back in the 50’s.

Perhaps I should do a survey: Do you have a beard, Yes/No?   (Francesca is excused!)

So far, it is not mandatory for Australian membership.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of BenT Syncro
Sent: 13 February 2011 09:31
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Kombi Museum Germany Special Visit - Call for Photos

Hey Mark,

Is it a pre-requisite to grow a beard for Syncro ownership in OZ? Just wondering because the two fellows on the left look like they don't belong. Guessing they must be tourist from a neighbouring island.;-)

BenT 

clean shaven since 1994

yes, even asians shave

Hi Mark,  this Museum is possibly a very old idea, but like so many things in life it takes the guts and financial involvement of one or a handful of individuals to turn it into reality.

Great that you can go there before it's all set up to make sure that we, from the other end of the planet, do get our well deserved recognition !

Interesting the web address too, no longer .(dot) de   but now .eu  ! Does that make VW a Europe product ??

I might go over in June to check it out.....    Hart

Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 09:19:04 +1100
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Kombi Museum Germany Special Visit - Call for Photos

Oz Syncronauts

Why? Flickr 

Regards
Mark.

Les,

No disrespect to you intended but I'm quite sure there were few people wearing beards in OZ before 77 years ago. I was just amazed that, aside from the rather young SyncrOZnaut and possibly his father, that everyone in the photo was sporting facial hair. I just assumed Francesca wasn't there because I didn't see anyone wearing a badge that said "group purchase leader". Otherwise, I would have look a bit closer.;-)

I started wearing a mustache around 1970. That was somewhat unusual for a someone around 13 yo in Asia. Got tired of people addressing me as "Ms." just because I had shoulder length hair. It was around 1994 when someone asked what I would look like without facial hair. I still remember my girls saying, "What the hell did you do with our Dad, Mr.?!" thought that was cool that they didn't say 'Ms.'. Probably because hair is short now too.

BenT

On Feb 12, 2011, at 2:42 PM, "Les Harris" <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

Ben,

I am 77 and have never been clean-shaven in my life.  When my moustache began to grow, I let it grow.   Not all that long after that, I let the beard grow.   I had a beard at a time when absolutely no one in Australia had a beard and this resulted in many interesting encounters back in the 50’s.

Perhaps I should do a survey: Do you have a beard, Yes/No?   (Francesca is excused!)

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of BenT Syncro
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Kombi Museum Germany Special Visit - Call for Photos

Hey Mark,

BenT 

clean shaven since 1994

yes, even asians shave

Ben T

Whats the photo your referring too.

On 13 February 2011 10:14, BenT Syncro <syncro@gmail.com> wrote:

Les,

No disrespect to you intended but I'm quite sure there were few people wearing beards in OZ before 77 years ago. I was just amazed that, aside from the rather young SyncrOZnaut and possibly his father, that everyone in the photo was sporting facial hair. I just assumed Francesca wasn't there because I didn't see anyone wearing a badge that said "group purchase leader". Otherwise, I would have look a bit closer.;-)

I started wearing a mustache around 1970. That was somewhat unusual for a someone around 13 yo in Asia. Got tired of people addressing me as "Ms." just because I had shoulder length hair. It was around 1994 when someone asked what I would look like without facial hair. I still remember my girls saying, "What the hell did you do with our Dad, Mr.?!" thought that was cool that they didn't say 'Ms.'. Probably because hair is short now too.

BenT

Ben,

I am 77 and have never been clean-shaven in my life. When my moustache began to grow, I let it grow. Not all that long after that, I let the beard grow. I had a beard at a time when absolutely no one in Australia had a beard and this resulted in many interesting encounters back in the 50’s.

Perhaps I should do a survey: Do you have a beard, Yes/No? (Francesca is excused!)

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of BenT Syncro

Hey Mark,

BenT

clean shaven since 1994

yes, even asians shave

--
Regards

Michael

Ben - I've met several clean shaven Syncro owners so it doesn't seem to be a pre-requisite yet, however, the trend continues, nationwide, towards beards, even at the highest levels of authority as evidenced by this commentary from our very own (beardless) PM who yearns for the time of which Les speaks...

The poll results at the bottom of the article speak for themselves!

Mark
(sent many km from nearest razor via iBeardPhone)

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Les Harris <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

Ben,

I am 77 and have never been clean-shaven in my life. When my moustache began to grow, I let it grow. Not all that long after that, I let the beard grow. I had a beard at a time when absolutely no one in Australia had a beard and this resulted in many interesting encounters back in the 50’s.

Perhaps I should do a survey: Do you have a beard, Yes/No? (Francesca is excused!)

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of BenT Syncro

Hey Mark,

BenT

clean shaven since 1994

yes, even asians shave

Hi Michael,

It would be this one from Mark:

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/50381783@N02/5438024498/sizes/m/

Why is that you with the beard?

BenT

On Feb 12, 2011, at 3:26 PM, Michael Rayner <mallaner@gmail.com> wrote:

Ben T

Les,

BenT

Ben,

Les

Hey Mark,

BenT 

clean shaven since 1994

yes, even asians shave

--
Regards

Michael

Greg - I agree - I think this may even have to be on the cover of the DVD (!)

Phill - are you able to upload your highest resolution version?

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 9:28 AM, greg esposito <gregespo73@yahoo.com> wrote:

Good work Mark. Phills iconic "big roo" would have to be ring in, Maaaate. Greg E

--- On Sun, 13/2/11, Mark Kofahl <markkofahl@gmail.com> wrote:

Received: Sunday, 13 February, 2011, 9:19 AM

Oz Syncronauts

I have liaised with the "Bulli Museum" near Hannover (www.bullimuseum.eu) and have been invited by it's chairman to visit before it's official opening. I will be visiting at the end of February.

Why? Flickr

Regards
Mark.

Given that this is directed to showing the Syncro in Australia , I would help if pictures submitted carry date and location.   This will assist in the compilation process.

Phill’s picture certainly qualifies as iconic!

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Mark Kofahl
Sent: 13 February 2011 10:42

Greg - I agree - I think this may even have to be on the cover of the DVD (!)

Phill - are you able to upload your highest resolution version?

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 9:28 AM, greg esposito <gregespo73@yahoo.com> wrote:

If this is the iconic pic from Phill's site, I must say that's a handsome looking 'roo in the pic.

BenT

On Feb 12, 2011, at 3:40 PM, Mark Kofahl <markkofahl@gmail.com> wrote:

Ben - I've met several clean shaven Syncro owners so it doesn't seem to be a pre-requisite yet, however, the trend continues, nationwide, towards beards, even at the highest levels of authority as evidenced by this commentary from our very own (beardless) PM who yearns for the time of which Les speaks...

The poll results at the bottom of the article speak for themselves!

Mark
(sent many km from nearest razor via iBeardPhone)

Hi Mark,

I'm just about to leave for a few weeks work so I haven't had time to do the flicker thing, but you have my disc of the recent Bateman's Bay trip. I've attached a few of my early pics (Jasmine & Joachim; visitors who brought out their own Syncro from Germany 2004, and our first special park-up at Valla 2008).

Enjoy the museum,

Brian R.

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mark Kofahl
Sent: Sunday, 13 February 2011 9:19 AM

Oz Syncronauts

Why? Flickr 

Regards
Mark.

Brian,

Including Jo achim and Jasmin is a good thought.  

They were a young German couple and their Syncro was an ex German police vehicle, which they converted for camping, shipped it to Australia and did more touring in a year than many people do in a lifetime.    It makes a good connection between the two countries.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Brian Reed
Sent: 13 February 2011 11:44
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Kombi Museum Germany Special Visit - Call for Photos

Hi Mark,

I'm just about to leave for a few weeks work so I haven't had time to do the flicker thing, but you have my disc of the recent Bateman's Bay trip. I've attached a few of my early pics (Jasmine & Jo achim; visitors who brought out their own Syncro from Germany 2004, and our first special park-up at Valla 2008).

Enjoy the museum,

Brian R.

Nah Thats a couple of years ago, but I was at the latest event and the beards are still pretty well represented, including moi. Included in pix are all forms of facial hair including goatee, designer stubble, and other forms of hirsute decoration. L/R Brian Reed,Paul Nevin,Roger (beetle) Bayle, Graham Adams, myself and Rick Tout.

On 13 February 2011 10:41, BenT Syncro <syncro@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Michael,

BenT

Ben T

Les,

BenT

Ben,

Les

Hey Mark,

BenT

clean shaven since 1994

yes, even asians shave

--
Regards

Michael

--
Regards

Michael

Brian - Thanks for these and Les thanks for the additional information.

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Les Harris <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

Brian,

Including Joachim and Jasmin is a good thought.

They were a young German couple and their Syncro was an ex German police vehicle, which they converted for camping, shipped it to Australia and did more touring in a year than many people do in a lifetime. It makes a good connection between the two countries.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Brian Reed
Sent: 13 February 2011 11:44

Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Kombi Museum Germany Special Visit - Call for Photos

Hi Mark,

I'm just about to leave for a few weeks work so I haven't had time to do the flicker thing, but you have my disc of the recent Bateman's Bay trip. I've attached a few of my early pics (Jasmine & Joachim; visitors who brought out their own Syncro from Germany 2004, and our first special park-up at Valla 2008).

Enjoy the museum,

Brian R.

Ah so shoes are out of fashion too, eh? Looks like only the young Mr. Reed has them. Is this a way to keep the wildlife safe in the event takes a foot for lunch? Not a 'croc' in sight. I mean the footwear.

BenT

On Feb 12, 2011, at 6:47 PM, Michael Rayner <mallaner@gmail.com> wrote:

Nah  Thats a couple of years ago, but I was at the latest event and the beards are still pretty well represented, including moi. Included in pix are all forms of facial hair including goatee, designer stubble, and other forms of hirsute decoration. L/R Brian Reed,Paul Nevin,Roger (beetle) Bayle, Graham Adams, myself and Rick Tout.

On 13 February 2011 10:41, BenT Syncro <syncro@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Michael,

BenT

Ben T

Les,

BenT

Ben,

Les

Hey Mark,

BenT 

clean shaven since 1994

yes, even asians shave

--
Regards

Michael

--
Regards

Michael

<Beards.jpg>
I'm going to try this one more time as it did not look like it went through the first try. I was referring to the handsome devil of a 'roo in front of Phill's ute.

BenT
Hey BenT That's you in the roo?? gosh those genitals ARE impressive.......... hartis

Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 19:12:37 -0800

I'm going to try this one more time as it did not look like it went through the first try. I was referring to the handsome devil of a 'roo in front of Phill's ute.

BenT

Sent from my mobile device
No crocs. The sharks ate 'em.

There was a story in today's paper about a bloke up Cape York way who was cooling off in the swimming hole when a croc grabbed hold of his left arm. He punched it with the other fist and it finally let go.

Good thing he wasn't left-handed.

Cheers, Roger [Beetle].