My Camping Trip to Delicate Nobby

Just wanted to post a couple of photos of my trip to Delicate Nobby in the syncro which included a short 4wd adventure up the old sand mining track from the Port Macquarie ferry to Crescent head. This was an approximate 20km section of very rough 150mm high corrugations (pre -monsoon) and long pacthes of very soft loose dry sand (which caught & bogged a couple of 4wders with trailers) and some huge craters which seemed similar to those up @ the Cape with the syncro articultion being well tested.

The kids thoroughly enjopyed it until my surfboard fell onto my youngest daughter. No injuries and the surfboard was moved to a more appropriate location between the front seats and we continued.

I was amazed at how many people charge up this fairly windy track (lots of blinding corners due to the bush and only one lane most of the time) with no thought for their vehicle or control under an emergency braking situation.

For some reason my diff lock came on and would not un-lock until I got my compressor out and freed the plunger up a fair bit -easy fix and it works great again now. Seemed to be a bit of sand in the plunger jambed it.

Other than that there was no stopping my syncro and we cruised past the stuck camper trailer lovers (who were both already being pulled out by other vehicles).

No photos of the drive (as I was in the syncro enjoying the ride too much) but a couple of photos of a dirty syncro and the campsite in soft sand @ Delicate Nobby.

Cheers & happy holidays,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Sounds like fun and a good test for the Syncro. Thanks for the photos.

Francesca.

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 10:21 PM, Mr Scott Pitcher <spbconsulting@bigpond.com> wrote:

Just wanted to post a couple of photos of my trip to Delicate Nobby in the syncro which included a short 4wd adventure up the old sand mining track from the Port Macquarie ferry to Crescent head. This was an approximate 20km section of very rough 150mm high corrugations (pre -monsoon) and long pacthes of very soft loose dry sand (which caught & bogged a couple of 4wders with trailers) and some huge craters which seemed similar to those up @ the Cape with the syncro articultion being well tested.
The kids thoroughly enjopyed it until my surfboard fell onto my youngest daughter. No injuries and the surfboard was moved to a more appropriate location between the front seats and we continued.
I was amazed at how many people charge up this fairly windy track (lots of blinding corners due to the bush and only one lane most of the time) with no thought for their vehicle or control under an emergency braking situation.
For some reason my diff lock came on and would not un-lock until I got my compressor out and freed the plunger up a fair bit -easy fix and it works great again now. Seemed to be a bit of sand in the plunger jambed it.
Other than that there was no stopping my syncro and we cruised past the stuck camper trailer lovers (who were both already being pulled out by other vehicles).
No photos of the drive (as I was in the syncro enjoying the ride too much) but a couple of photos of a dirty syncro and the campsite in soft sand @ Delicate Nobby.
Cheers & happy holidays,
Scott

Hi Scott,

Just brilliant, the idea of a tent City. I see , you even have a laundry tent !  you would do well with a DOKA , maybe the one which is 4 sale in the motherland (yours not mine)  one of 19 built

Tristars and only  15 T pounds. It seems to be better or equal to new. You could easily throw on 4 bikes, more surf boards and other toys as well. Or you should investigate the poss. of a powered trailer axle, after all  Porsche- built tractors had the provision for such a trailer, being driven by the gearbox always at the appropriate speed. (we had such an unstoppable

arrangement on our family farm  in the 50s)

Scott, such a pity you couldn’t call in, hope to see you, or any other Syncro and their owners in 2010 !      hartmut

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mr Scott Pitcher
Sent: Saturday, 2 January 2010 10:21 PM
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] My Camping Trip to Delicate Nobby

Cheers & happy holidays,

Scott

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4738 (20100102) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

Hartmut,

We tried but by the time you got back to us the monsoon had hit and we were running for cover - 2yr olds, heaps of mozzies and annoying sister in law was enough to send us home early.

We will be back though. I will annoy you then.

Hope your not flooded in - my sister in law @ turners Flat near Kempsey definitely is. Their access bridge washed away in the last big flood and has only just been poorly re-built. probably washed away already.

Cheers,

Scott

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 03, 2010 4:29 PM
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] My Camping Trip to Delicate Nobby

Hi Scott,

Just brilliant, the idea of a tent City. I see , you even have a laundry tent !  you would do well with a DOKA , maybe the one which is 4 sale in the motherland (yours not mine)  one of 19 built

Tristars and only  15 T pounds. It seems to be better or equal to new. You could easily throw on 4 bikes, more surf boards and other toys as well. Or you should investigate the poss. of a powered trailer axle, after all  Porsche- built tractors had the provision for such a trailer, being driven by the gearbox always at the appropriate speed. (we had such an unstoppable

Scott, such a pity you couldn’t call in, hope to see you, or any other Syncro and their owners in 2010 !      hartmut

From: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com [mailto:Syncro_ T3_Australia@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Mr Scott Pitcher
To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] My Camping Trip to Delicate Nobby

Cheers & happy holidays,

Scott

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4738 (20100102) __________

http://www.eset. com

Hart,

When you say the "Motherland" - don't you mean Cape York or the Northern Territory? - the motherland of off-road driving in our beloved toys.

Despite a nasty streak of Scottish background there have been too many generations here to refer to the UK as a motherland - I am slightly Republican.

The tent city was useful for sheltering from the monsoon but the majority of the tents were brought by my brother and his SAS brother in law. The laundry tent soon made way for a large reinforced tarp that covered most of the site. My brother and his brother in law came equipped with T4 long wheelbase vans - hence loads of room.

Catch you soon and I understand what you mean about Ken - especially now he has his new Christmas tree awning structure in tow from the post Christmas sales.

Cheers,

Scott

Sent: Sunday, January 03, 2010 4:29 PM

Hi Scott,

From: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com [mailto:Syncro_ T3_Australia@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Mr Scott Pitcher
To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] My Camping Trip to Delicate Nobby

Cheers & happy holidays,

Scott

http://www.eset. com

Scott,
You should have borrowed my Xmas tree, I wasn't using it .... fantastic protection for wash-out and monsoon Syncro trips. How lucky are you, after all you now have 2 on the trot .. Old Bar & Delicate Nobby. If I'd known about your English ancestry, I'd have scheduled a drenching at Sackville for you as well .. a sweet homely touch.

M8y, I aim to please ok so for 2010 I'll reserve the tree for you for The Nationals, Valla & Old Bar. I'll lay on the heavy weather, you go revel in it ok. Done deal.
Ken

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, 3 January 2010 10:10 PM
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] My Camping Trip to Delicate Nobby

[The entire original message is not included]
Ken,

I have this amazing ability to break a drought. If I went to the cape in the
dry season - it would become the wet season.

We had 3 trips last year - Sawtell Winter Break, Old Bar and Christmas. It
poured for all of them at least some part of the time. Actually Sawtell
wasn't too bad - Huey mustn't have realised we were out.

Thanks for the offer of the tree - probably would have leaked less than the
Just Kampers Tunnel awning we had. You would think the Poms would make a
tent that could withstand long rain periods - that's all the weather they
get!

We will be @ Valla this year - so everyone bring your gum boots!

Cheers,

Scott

To: <syncro_t3_australia@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 12:00 PM

> Scott,
> You should have borrowed my Xmas tree, I wasn't using it .... fantastic
> protection for wash-out and monsoon Syncro trips. How lucky are you,
> after all you now have 2 on the trot .. Old Bar & Delicate Nobby. If I'd
> known about your English ancestry, I'd have scheduled a drenching at
> Sackville for you as well .. a sweet homely touch.
>
> M8y, I aim to please ok so for 2010 I'll reserve the tree for you for The
> Nationals, Valla & Old Bar. I'll lay on the heavy weather, you go revel in
> it ok. Done deal.
> Ken
>
>
>
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----