New member/owner of a known camper saying hello.

Hello from Jennie and Michael from Moffat Beach, Sunshine Coast Queensland.
We recently bought Gary Cooksons autohomes tdi camper from Victoria.
We are not new to VW's as we have a 2wd 82 aircooled camper as well, my Mum has a 86 trakka and my Dad has a 91 dualcab, also my sister had a syncro dualcab a few years back and Jennie's sister just bought an 83.

Gary was and still is super helpful.
I have the driveshaft off at the moment as it vibrates at 60-70kmph and also gary said the VC has gone lame.
I am not sure which way to go as in put the new VC that Gary got from Germany or decoupler from the man at Bribie who can install and also do the driveshaft issue.

I am new to the Yahoo group format and we are using Jen's user name so I am learning.....
I will put pics in the pics section soon.

Michael.

Hi Jenn & Mike,

Our site’s Welcome member must be busy so a warm  welcome from all of us (slightly eccentrics).  Nice honest Syncro you invested in and although all of our Syncros do have inbuilt faults and shortcomings we still love them dearly....

We have a Tristar DoKa  (1988) and a Trakka 1990 Kamper here (both Syncros)  the Trakka we got from the Sunshine Coast a year ago. It is just stunning (in the eye of the owner that is ).

We you came up North you could have stopped at ours , we are 2 mins from the Highway at Port Macquarie, on the bank of the Hastings River.

I’m sure you have got a Bentleys Repair  book, if not, try and get one.

Hartmut

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jennifer
Sent: Monday, 26 September 2011 8:20 PM
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] New member/owner of a known camper saying hello.

We are not new to VW's as we have a 2wd 82 aircooled camper as well, my Mum has a 86 trakka and my Dad has a 91 dualcab, also my sister had a syncro dualcab a few years back and Jennie's sister just bought an 83.

I have the driveshaft off at the moment as it vibrates at 60-70kmph and also gary said the VC has gone lame.
I am not sure which way to go as in put the new VC that Gary got from Germany or decoupler from the man at Bribie who can install and also do the driveshaft issue.

I am new to the Yahoo group format and we are using Jen's user name so I am learning.....

Michael.

Hi Jenn and Mike

I'm still lurking here so just saying hello. I'm certainly going to miss the van now the camping season is approaching. We are just about to go out and buy a tent, groan.

I think you should put in the new VC and then investigate getting a new propshaft made. Even though the one supplied has new unis, they are the agri ones that match the spec so wouldn't be as good as getting a complete new propshaft. It is probably wear in the donut shaft causing the vibration.

Hardy Spicer agents will make one for you using off the shelf joints I believe. Maybe contact your local one and have a chat.

Or buy one from overseas.

You can always get a decoupler later then. My thoughts only.

Cheers
Gary Cookson

On 27/09/2011, at 11:13 AM, Hartmut Kiehn wrote:

Hi Jenn & Mike,

Our site’s Welcome member must be busy so a warm  welcome from all of us (slightly eccentrics).  Nice honest Syncro you invested in and although all of our Syncros do have inbuilt faults and shortcomings we still love them dearly....

We have a Tristar DoKa  (1988) and a Trakka 1990 Kamper here (both Syncros)  the Trakka we got from the Sunshine Coast a year ago. It is just stunning (in the eye of the owner that is ).

We you came up North you could have stopped at ours , we are 2 mins from the Highway at Port Macquarie, on the bank of the Hastings River.

I’m sure you have got a Bentleys Repair  book, if not, try and get one.

Hartmut

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jennifer
Sent: Monday, 26 September 2011 8:20 PM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] New member/owner of a known camper saying hello.

Michael.

The subject of prop shafts was covered extensively not all that long ago.   From memory, Ben Croft made a considerable input.   Ben, could you summarise what was covered earlier?   Thanks

Michael: As Gary suggests, get the VC installed.   When you get the prop shaft sorted, you are then back to having all the advantages of the very efficient drive system as originally designed.   With a new VC, you won’t need to contemplate a decoupler for a long time.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Gary Cookson
Sent: 27 September 2011 12:00
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] New member/owner of a known camper saying hello.

Hi Jenn and Mike

I'm still lurking here so just saying hello. I'm certainly going to miss the van now the camping season is approaching. We are just about to go out and buy a tent, groan.

I think you should put in the new VC and then investigate getting a new propshaft made. Even though the one supplied has new unis, they are the agri ones that match the spec so wouldn't be as good as getting a complete new propshaft. It is probably wear in the donut shaft causing the vibration.

Hardy Spicer agents will make one for you using off the shelf joints I believe. Maybe contact your local one and have a chat.

Or buy one from overseas.

You can always get a decoupler later then. My thoughts only.

Cheers

Gary Cookson