newby!!

hey just joined the site and wanted to give a shoutout to Hart. Im now the proud
owner of "the hippie van" and wanted to thank hart and his lovely wife for
making me and my family feel welcome in their home. cheers mate!

josh
Welcome Josh.

Good work buying the hippie syncro - we (my family) were extremely grateful to Hart for letting us borrow his hippie syncro for a couple of days whilst I was organising a tow for my then dead syncro.

It goes very well and has the same pop-top roof as mine (which I think is the overall best design as it does not cut out the front safety cell - like Trakka do).

Hart has got that engine running very well and it should serve you well for you intended trip around Oz.

Don't forget to post some pics of your travels.

There is loads of brilliant members here and you will probably find their experience invaluable as we all do.

Cheers,

Skot

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2011 12:14 AM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] newby!!

hey just joined the site and wanted to give a shoutout to Hart. Im now the proud owner of "the hippie van" and wanted to thank hart and his lovely wife for making me and my family feel welcome in their home. cheers mate!

Hi Josh,

Today 12.59 pm we had an nteresting post from Graham Adams on adjusting the clutch . Please print it out and keep, normally the clutch is self adjusting, however someone
might have worked on it and got the adjustment at the master cylinder slightly wrong. Ask you BIL to check/adjust for you.

Hartmut

PS A member with the funny name SKOT mentioned that the horn toots when you want to wash/wipe the windscreen ! I saw on the invoices I gave you that Nimbin exchanged the indicator/wiper switches , but they must have forgotten to tighten the scews...... Take off the steering wheel and tighten them....  Ha

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 13:16:02 +0000

hey just joined the site and wanted to give a shoutout to Hart. Im now the proud
owner of "the hippie van" and wanted to thank hart and his lovely wife for
making me and my family feel welcome in their home. cheers mate!

josh

Josh,

What is your planned syncro adventure route around Oz. We syncro nutters are scattered over a fairly large percentage of Australia so if you want a catch up or help along the way we are always willing to lend a hand.

Enjoying your new syncro??

Cheers,

Skot

hey just joined the site and wanted to give a shoutout to Hart. Im now the proud owner of "the hippie van" and wanted to thank hart and his lovely wife for making me and my family feel welcome in their home. cheers mate!

Skot,

I always thought you are all next door neighbours in this group. From an American perspective, OZ is 100 yards away from the outback and a mile away from where Mad Max drives around.;-)

I have an acquaintance named John Smith who lives in OZ. Do you know him?

BenT

On Feb 20, 2011, at 5:32 PM, "Mr Scott Pitcher" <spbconsulting@bigpond.com> wrote:

Josh,

What is your planned syncro adventure route around Oz. We syncro nutters are scattered over a fairly large percentage of Australia so if you want a catch up or help along the way we are always willing to lend a hand.

Cheers,

Skot

I can add an anecdote to that.

My sister’s son, Ray, was the Australian representative for Heenan & Froude dynamometers some time ago and his office was at Brooklyn on the Hawkesbury Estuary in NSW, north of Sydney . 

The international sales manager was planning a trip to Australia and the head office faxed Ray and asked him to meet the sales manager – in Perth !!!

Ray rang head office and asked them if they had a world globe there.

“Can you see London ?’

‘Yes, of course!’

‘Good.  Can you see Moscow ?’

‘Err . . . yes.’

‘Right!   That’s how far Perth is from my office.’

‘Oh . . .’

As a by the way, the US is 3,6198,785 sq. miles and Australia is 2.969,907 sq. miles.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of BenT Syncro
Sent: 21 February 2011 13:41
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] newby!!

Skot,

I always thought you are all next door neighbours in this group. From an American perspective, OZ is 100 yards away from the outback and a mile away from where Mad Max drives around.;-)

I have an acquaintance named Jo hn Smith who lives in OZ. Do you know him?

BenT_

Ben,

I actually know a couple of John Smiths. Any particular one you are referring to.

With the advent of the internet - I think we all have only about 2-3 degrees of separation from eachother worldwide now.

Never be an asshole to anyone these days as your bound to run into them later in life somewhere.

I agree with Les - Australia is a bloody massive country but not that many people live here -definitely growing every day though.

Cheers,

Skot

Sent: Monday, February 21, 2011 1:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] newby!!

Skot,

I have an acquaintance named John Smith who lives in OZ. Do you know him?

BenT

On Feb 20, 2011, at 5:32 PM, "Mr Scott Pitcher" <spbconsulting@bigpond.com> wrote:

Josh,

Cheers,

Skot