Petrol

All,

Interesting.

So there you have it ... it's official!

Our 2.1 WBX (well maintained) vans run on E10 AND, wait for it ...  coming soon to a petrol outlet near you ... even E5!

Who would have guessed?

So it seems 91, 95 and 98 octane are overkill! Keep the extra cash in your wallets guys.

Goto: http://www.fcai.com.au/environment/can-my-vehicle-operate-on-ethanol-blend-petrol-

Cheers.
Ken 
"Knock, knock whose there,
It's the low octane petrol people calling.
Use it and VW will ask you to come inside."

Recognize the original ?
It was written by John Carter & Geoff Stephens.

And when you do, they'll replace your cylinder heads for you at greatly inflated prices.

98 is not really necessary in our 2.1 Syncros,
mine does not ping on 95,
but I gave up on E10 a long time ago.

Next time I do a trip into the wilderness, I'll take anti knock in a bottle and use it if only low octane is available.

I keep 98 and 95 at home in sealed containers, and use them in almost all my engines, even the Ferguson tractor.
They last longer in the tanks of engines that don't get started often.

Peter

--Original Message Text---
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 10:48:31 +1000

http://www.fcai.com.au/environment/can-my-vehicle-operate-on-ethanol-blend-petrol

What a load of garbage!
I thought that E10 was not suitable for metal fuel tanks?
It says fuel injected models. What else was sold in Australia?
We're paying for the universities that these retards go to.
You can even cause more damage by using your shopper dockets!
Phill
We've been running up to 10 % ethanol in our gasoline on the US West Coast for years and years..
no problems at all.
  ( though I do treat fuel now and then ....SeaFoam ....have had great results with that stuff ) .

not sure if your octane rating system is the same as ours..
unleaded regular in oregon is 87 octane..
works just fine in a waterboxer.

On 4/14/2014 2:48 PM, Ken Garratt wrote:

All,

Interesting.

So there you have it ... it's official!

Our 2.1 WBX (well maintained) vans run on E10 AND, wait for it ...  coming soon to a petrol outlet near you ... even E5!

Who would have guessed?

So it seems 91, 95 and 98 octane are overkill! Keep the extra cash in your wallets guys.

Cheers.
Ken 

US octane is "MON" The rest of the world uses "ROZ" or "RON". The numbers are different.