Photos of Digital Clock in Tach Equipped Instrument Cluster

This is part of an unfinished How-To page for my webpage vanagoncafe.com. It should give you an idea how the cluster is put together.
That light panel has the previously mentioned Ox2 sensor light. The light is present in US and European spec T3's with petrol engines. There is small box connected between the cables that connect the speedometer to the transmissions in Syncros.
This box resides in the spare tire cavity. Every 60,000 miles, it triggers the light to illuminate. A reset button is provided at this box so you can reset the light. That is all it is -- a reminder light. When converting my diesel equipped Syncro, I discovered that the glow-plug indicator light occupies the same spot. It was pre-wired as to work as glowplug indicator as well. I only needed to swap the bulb from red to yellow to make it appear totally stock.
BenT
> That light panel has the previously mentioned Ox2 sensor light. The
> light
> is present in US and European spec T3's with petrol engines.

There is really no such thing as "European spec". That is just an Americanism for non US/Canadian spec vans.

Most of the syncros sold in most European countries did not have an O2 sensor.
On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 11:49 AM, <plander@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> That light panel has the previously mentioned Ox2 sensor light. The
> light
> is present in US and European spec T3's with petrol engines.

There is really no such thing as "European spec". That is just an Americanism for non US/Canadian spec vans.

Most of the syncros sold in most European countries did not have an O2 sensor.
That is not entirely accurate. Most manufacturers have different specifications for each country they intend to import to. In the new EU they relaxed the rules a bit. That was not always the case. For example, I own 3 different T3 Doublecabs from 3 different countries. Each one is similar yet different enough because of regional requirements. I couldn't very well call my Canadian spec vehicle when it was clearly different from my Syncro which was originally delivered in Europe. That Canadian Doka was never officially imported to the US so it is no US spec either. What would you call a T3 Transporter delivered to Australia? It's not Euro spec. It's not US spec. Hmmmm..... Even in when I lived in Asia, they differentiated specifications on imported vehicles. It might be a popular term in the US but hardly exclusive here.
BenT