Poly-urathane rear control-arm bushes?? and rear spacers.

Hello all,has anyone replaced rear control-arm bushes?
I am trying to find some PU 2-piece,like the South African front lower ones.
Spoke with Stuart in SA tonight.He said he has never replaced rear control arm bushes.
Surely someone has replaced these on our 20+year old buses.
Another question,is anyone running the rear spacers to raise rear suspension.If so,what size spacer.
What do you blokes in the States know about these subjects.thanks.

Mine has a black spacer and then another plastic type spacer as well. A dull yellow colour. I am out of town at present but will check on Sunday and post the measurements if it is still a live issue.

 

Cheers, Peter (Port Macquarie)

 

Thanks Peter

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Coe" <peter@...> wrote:
>
> Mine has a black spacer and then another plastic type spacer as well. A dull
> yellow colour. I am out of town at present but will check on Sunday and post
> the measurements if it is still a live issue.
>
> Cheers, Peter (Port Macquarie)
>
Burley at www.burleysmotorsports.com sells the poly rear bushes. He is located in Santa Barbara, California.

Good guy to deal with. I have bought a number of things from him. Spoken on the phone for hours.


BenT


On Jul 22, 2010, at 5:22 AM, "bencroft96" <bencroft96@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello all,has anyone replaced rear control-arm bushes?
> I am trying to find some PU 2-piece,like the South African front lower ones.
> Spoke with Stuart in SA tonight.He said he has never replaced rear control arm bushes.
> Surely someone has replaced these on our 20+year old buses.
> Another question,is anyone running the rear spacers to raise rear suspension.If so,what size spacer.
> What do you blokes in the States know about these subjects.thanks.
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
Thankyou Bent

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, BenT Syncro <syncro@...> wrote:
>
> Burley at www.burleysmotorsports.com sells the poly rear bushes. He is located in Santa Barbara, California.
>
> Good guy to deal with. I have bought a number of things from him. Spoken on the phone for hours.
>
>
> BenT
>
>
> On Jul 22, 2010, at 5:22 AM, "bencroft96" <bencroft96@...> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,has anyone replaced rear control-arm bushes?
> > I am trying to find some PU 2-piece,like the South African front lower ones.
> > Spoke with Stuart in SA tonight.He said he has never replaced rear control arm bushes.
> > Surely someone has replaced these on our 20+year old buses.
> > Another question,is anyone running the rear spacers to raise rear suspension.If so,what size spacer.
> > What do you blokes in the States know about these subjects.thanks.
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
>
re
What do you blokes in the States know about these subjects.thanks."
hi...that stuff is all over the internet.   People even make their own rear spring spacers out of that white Teflon like cutting board material.  One guy is working on a pivoting lower spring point for the rear of his syncro, not sure I like that so much ..but there is a LOT online.  Endlessly even.
Does Goggle work down there ? 
lol.
Scott
----- Original Message -----
From: bencroft96
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2010 3:32 PM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Poly-urathane rear control-arm bushes?? and rear spacers.

 

Thankyou Bent

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, BenT Syncro <syncro@...> wrote:
>
> Burley at www.burleysmotorsports.com sells the poly rear bushes. He is located in Santa Barbara, California.
>
> Good guy to deal with. I have bought a number of things from him. Spoken on the phone for hours.
>
>
> BenT
>
>
> On Jul 22, 2010, at 5:22 AM, "bencroft96" <bencroft96@...> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,has anyone replaced rear control-arm bushes?
> > I am trying to find some PU 2-piece,like the South African front lower ones.
> > Spoke with Stuart in SA tonight.He said he has never replaced rear control arm bushes.
> > Surely someone has replaced these on our 20+year old buses.
> > Another question,is anyone running the rear spacers to raise rear suspension.If so,what size spacer.
> > What do you blokes in the States know about these subjects.thanks.
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
>

hi all,
re
" Surely someone has replaced these on our 20+year old buses.
> >
Another question,is anyone running the rear spacers to raise rear suspension.If so,what size spacer.
> > What do you blokes in the States know about
these subjects.thanks."

I was wondering if you guys are on this syncro group ..
 
that's one of many groups I am on ..
there is just GOBS of syncro talk and syncro tech available through that group.
 
there really is a huge wealth of readily available syncro tech information ..
enough to study the rest of your life even, there is so much out there right now.
 
you might have seen this  in my other post ..
"Does Google work down there ? "
 
when I put 'syncro vanagon trailing arm bushings'
in a google search box I get TEN full pages of listings and companies that sell that stuff and related articles, enough to keep me busy studying for hours and hours if I wanted to.
There's no end of resources readily avialable.  Just need to tap into it.
 
 
 
 
 
----- Original Message -----
From: bencroft96
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2010 3:32 PM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Poly-urathane rear control-arm bushes?? and rear spacers.

 

Thankyou Bent

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, BenT Syncro <syncro@...> wrote:
>
> Burley at www.burleysmotorsports.com sells the poly rear bushes. He is located in Santa Barbara, California.
>
> Good guy to deal with. I have bought a number of things from him. Spoken on the phone for hours.
>
>
> BenT
>
>
> On Jul 22, 2010, at 5:22 AM, "bencroft96" <bencroft96@...> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,has anyone replaced rear control-arm bushes?
> > I am trying to find some PU 2-piece,like the South African front lower ones.
> > Spoke with Stuart in SA tonight.He said he has never replaced rear control arm bushes.
> > Surely someone has replaced these on our 20+year old buses.
> > Another question,is anyone running the rear spacers to raise rear suspension.If so,what size spacer.
> > What do you blokes in the States know about these subjects.thanks.
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
>

Yeah Scott,google even works down here!I was asking the opinion of you and Bent exclusivley.Thanx for the tips!

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Daniel - Turbovans" <ScottDaniel@...> wrote:
>
> re
> What do you blokes in the States know about these subjects.thanks."
>
> hi...that stuff is all over the internet. People even make their own rear spring spacers out of that white Teflon like cutting board material. One guy is working on a pivoting lower spring point for the rear of his syncro, not sure I like that so much ..but there is a LOT online. Endlessly even.
> Does Goggle work down there ?
> lol.
> Scott
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: bencroft96
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2010 3:32 PM
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Poly-urathane rear control-arm bushes?? and rear spacers.
>
>
>
> Thankyou Bent
>
> --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, BenT Syncro <syncro@> wrote:
> >
> > Burley at www.burleysmotorsports.com sells the poly rear bushes. He is located in Santa Barbara, California.
> >
> > Good guy to deal with. I have bought a number of things from him. Spoken on the phone for hours.
> >
> >
> > BenT
> >
> >
> > On Jul 22, 2010, at 5:22 AM, "bencroft96" <bencroft96@> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello all,has anyone replaced rear control-arm bushes?
> > > I am trying to find some PU 2-piece,like the South African front lower ones.
> > > Spoke with Stuart in SA tonight.He said he has never replaced rear control arm bushes.
> > > Surely someone has replaced these on our 20+year old buses.
> > > Another question,is anyone running the rear spacers to raise rear suspension.If so,what size spacer.
> > > What do you blokes in the States know about these subjects.thanks.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ------------------------------------
> > >
> > > Yahoo! Groups Links
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
>
TEST. 
 
This is a test message only.  I am having a problem with email editing and I am trying to narrow down the possibilities.
 
Les
 
Hi Les,
Message received.
Cheers,
Everard

--- On Fri, 23/7/10, Les Harris <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

From: Les Harris <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au>
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Poly-urathane rear control-arm bushes?? and rear spacers.
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Received: Friday, 23 July, 2010, 12:31 AM

 
TEST. 
 
This is a test message only.  I am having a problem with email editing and I am trying to narrow down the possibilities.
 
Les
 

 

Hi Ben. I measured my rear spacers and they are about 160mm in diameter and about 20mm thick. I am not sure of the compound. Doesn’t really look like a poly product. They need a good clean so maybe after that all will be revealed.

 

They certainly raise the height. Luckily my wife and I are tall but for short people they really have to use the handles to get in the front!!!

 

Regards, Peter

 

Thankyou Peter,20mm thick seems to be the way to go.
Are you able to measure from the wheel arch to the centre of the rear wheel.Thankyou

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Coe" <peter@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Ben. I measured my rear spacers and they are about 160mm in diameter and
> about 20mm thick. I am not sure of the compound. Doesn't really look like a
> poly product. They need a good clean so maybe after that all will be
> revealed.
>
> They certainly raise the height. Luckily my wife and I are tall but for
> short people they really have to use the handles to get in the front!!!
>
> Regards, Peter
>