Query - LP Gas hose adaptor

All,

Those with a Trakka cooker cupboard (and maybe others), here's a heads up.

I've just discovered the crimped-on hose fitting at the cooker end can leak gas, most likely due to the forced bend in the hose right next to the fitting.

I've just sent the query below to a gas components supplier concerning the possibility of a 90 degree adaptor to eliminate the bend in the hose. See the pics.

My feeling at present is that I'm not at all confident such an adaptor is available.

Anyone else previously checked/found/solved a similar problem? Maybe sourced a right-angle adaptor to suit? O else come up with some other practical solution?

Might be a good time to check any Trakka installed cooker setup for a similar gas leakage.

Cheers.

Ken

To: salesnsw@gameco.com.au
Subject: Query - LP Gas hose adaptor
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 18:30:20 +1000

Hi Sales,
I'm querying the availability of a compact 90 degree hose adaptor to suit my Maxie 3 burner camper cooker rear panel gas connection.
The attached pic shows the type of hose fitting that connects to the cooker rear panel. The crimped on fitting is presently leaking gas, most likely due to a permanent forced 90 degree bending of the hose immediately beyond that crimp fitting. See the other pic of the bent hose in place on the rear panel cooker gas connection.

Installing a 90 degree adaptor would eliminate any bending of a new hose, so avoiding undue stress on the crimped hose fitting.
I'd appreciate your reply on this adaptor availability or else some other source and/or any other suggestion you might make. Thank you.
Cheers.
Ken
Ken,

You can get a 90 degree bend for the gas bottle end but I am not sure about the other end.

My cooker has a thin sheet of metal on a cut out from the main side and it is flexible  enough to angle it so the hose is on 45 degrees if needed.

Although I ditched that cupboard as it gets in the way too much and just stick the cooker in a plastic garbage bag and it get stowed with the rest of the gear.

I will see if I can find the 90 degree bend I have and what it could be adapted to.

Cheers,
Skot

On 19/06/2012 7:52 PM, Ken Garratt wrote:

All,

I've just discovered the crimped-on hose fitting at the cooker end can leak gas, most likely due to the forced bend in the hose right next to the fitting.

I've just sent the query below to a gas components supplier concerning the possibility of a 90 degree adaptor to eliminate the bend in the hose. See the pics.

My feeling at present is that I'm not at all confident such an adaptor is available.

Anyone else previously checked/found/solved a similar problem? Maybe sourced a right-angle adaptor to suit? O else come up with some other practical solution?

Might be a good time to check any Trakka installed cooker setup for a similar gas leakage.

Cheers.

Ken

Hi Sales,
I'm querying the availability of a compact 90 degree hose adaptor to suit my Maxie 3 burner camper cooker rear panel gas connection.
The attached pic shows the type of hose fitting that connects to the cooker rear panel. The crimped on fitting is presently leaking gas, most likely due to a permanent forced 90 degree bending of the hose immediately beyond that crimp fitting. See the other pic of the bent hose in place on the rear panel cooker gas connection.

Installing a 90 degree adaptor would eliminate any bending of a new hose, so avoiding undue stress on the crimped hose fitting.
I'd appreciate your reply on this adaptor availability or else some other source and/or any other suggestion you might make. Thank you.
Cheers.
Ken

Hi Scott,
Sounds interesting, appreciate you checking out the fitting. I measured the distance between the back panel of the cooker and the inside of the rear cupboard panel and it's only 52mm. Hence the problem.
To attach to the rear panel cooker fitting, this suits an adaptor with a normal (right hand direction) and "coarse" as compared to "fine", thread.
Cheers.
Ken

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 20:34:23 +1000
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Query - LP Gas hose adaptor

Ken,

You can get a 90 degree bend for the gas bottle end but I am not sure about the other end.

My cooker has a thin sheet of metal on a cut out from the main side and it is flexible  enough to angle it so the hose is on 45 degrees if needed.

Although I ditched that cupboard as it gets in the way too much and just stick the cooker in a plastic garbage bag and it get stowed with the rest of the gear.

I will see if I can find the 90 degree bend I have and what it could be adapted to.

Cheers,
Skot

On 19/06/2012 7:52 PM, Ken Garratt wrote:

All,

Cheers.

Ken

Hi Sales,

Cheers.
Ken