RE: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Bulk Order For VC s Anyone Interested ???

Hi Phill,

The question is can they be purchased locally? Has anybody purchased a VC in Australia recently?

Also, the European prices I've seen work out slightly more than the US suppliers, but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places? I'm going to be in Italy, France and Spain in July  so if anybody knows where I might pick one up on my travels that might solve my problem.

BTW postage and insurance through van-cafe is $110 US on a single unit, I've just had that confirmed.

Cheers Murray

-----Original Message-----
From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com on behalf of plander@optusnet.com.au
Sent: Wed 4/2/2008 7:23 AM
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Bulk Order For VC s Anyone    Interested ???

Customs do not go on unit price, but total value.

Is this much cheaper than buying locally?

Wouldn't it be cheaper buying from Europe? That's where they came from.

Phill

> Murray Lee <murray.lee@usyd.edu.au> wrote:
>
>
>
> Thanks Ken, ouch! Shame individual units just come in over the $1000
> mark. We need the bulk order to reduce the price under $1000 and to be
> sent separately. Big ask I guess.
>
> Cheer Murray

>
> Gday all,
>
> Taking into account Australian Customs charges for single item goods
> valued in excess of $1000 imported into Australia, the following example
> of all up costs for one VC landed in Australia may be a guide.
>
> A possible offset, I'm not sure whether offshore USA item purchases are
> eligible for exemption of USA sales tax.
> AU Customs Example 3: Import of goods valued above $1000
>
>
>   AUD$
>
>
>
> Customs value (Cval)             ($US1145.00)
>
>   1249.00
>
>
>
> Customs duty (Duty) @ 5% of Cval
>
>      62.45
>
> (Payable)
>
> International transport and insurance or postage (T&I)
>
>    164.00
>
> (approx.)
>
> Value of the Taxable Importation (VoTI) (Cval+Duty+T&I)
>
> 1475.45
>
>
>
> Goods and Services Tax (GST) @ 10 per cent of the VoTI
>
>    147.54
>
> (Payable)
>
> Total payable Duty + GST
>
>    209.99
>
>
>
>   Total price landed in Australia per VC unit (approx.)         $1622.99
>
>
>
> For Australian Customs info, goto
> http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=5549
> <http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=5549>
>
>
>
> Cheers.
>
>
>
> Ken
>
> --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Murray Lee"
> <murray.lee@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> >
> >
> > I may well be interested in this bulk VC order idea, but perhaps the
> logistics of distributing the VCs once they arrive might be more trouble
> than it is worth? I guess it is worth investigating though. As I recall
> postage from the US van-café for example was pretty pricy, between
> $100 and $200, but from what I've seen they are about the cheapest
> supplier commercial @ US $1145.00.
> http://www.van-cafe.com/vanagon_parts.jsp?ct=349650435&pa=pct&pct=879274\
>
> 265
> >
> >
> >
> > Cheers Murray
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of black wood
> > Sent: Monday, 31 March 2008 7:36 PM
> > To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Bulk Order For VC s Anyone Interested
> ???
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi there all l would like to buy 2 vcc.... but to get a better deal
> the more ordered the better the price would be..... How many people
> REALLY want a new vc and would be prepared to put money up front to
> confirm a bulk order... lm only interested in the brand new
> units.......thanks
> >
> >
> >
> > ________________________________
> >
> > Get the name you always wanted with the new y7mail email address
> <http://au.rd.yahoo.com/mail/taglines/au/y7mail/default/*http:/au.yahoo.\
>
> com/y7mail/?p1=ni&p2=general&p3=tagline&p4=other> .
> >

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Syncro_T3_Australia/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Syncro_T3_Australia/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia-digest@yahoogroups.com
    mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    Syncro_T3_Australia-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Just for the record, VW Australia dealers can supply a VC for the bargain basement price of $3,700.

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com on behalf of plander@optusnet.com.au
Subject: Re: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Bulk Order For VC s Anyone    Interested ???

Phill

> Murray Lee <murray.lee@usyd.edu.au> wrote:
>
>
>
> Thanks Ken, ouch! Shame individual units just come in over the $1000
> mark. We need the bulk order to reduce the price under $1000 and to be
> sent separately. Big ask I guess.
>
> Cheer Murray

>
> Gday all,
>
> Taking into account Australian Customs charges for single item goods
> valued in excess of $1000 imported into Australia, the following example
> of all up costs for one VC landed in Australia may be a guide.
>
> A possible offset, I'm not sure whether offshore USA item purchases are
> eligible for exemption of USA sales tax.
> AU Customs Example 3: Import of goods valued above $1000
>
>
>   AUD$
>
>
>
> Customs value (Cval)             ($US1145.00)
>
>   1249.00
>
>
>
> Customs duty (Duty) @ 5% of Cval
>
>      62.45
>
> (Payable)
>
> International transport and insurance or postage (T&I)
>
>    164.00
>
> (approx.)
>
> Value of the Taxable Importation (VoTI) (Cval+Duty+T&I)
>
> 1475.45
>
>
>
> Goods and Services Tax (GST) @ 10 per cent of the VoTI
>
>    147.54
>
> (Payable)
>
> Total payable Duty + GST
>
>    209.99
>
>
>
>   Total price landed in Australia per VC unit (approx.)         $1622.99
>
>
>
> For Australian Customs info, goto
> http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=5549
> <http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=5549>
>
>
>
> Cheers.
>
>
>
> Ken
>
> --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Murray Lee"
> <murray.lee@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> >
> >
> > I may well be interested in this bulk VC order idea, but perhaps the
> logistics of distributing the VCs once they arrive might be more trouble
> than it is worth? I guess it is worth investigating though. As I recall
> postage from the US van-café for example was pretty pricy, between
> $100 and $200, but from what I've seen they are about the cheapest
> supplier commercial @ US $1145.00.
> http://www.van-cafe.com/vanagon_parts.jsp?ct=349650435&pa=pct&pct=879274\
>
> 265
> >
> >
> >
> > Cheers Murray
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of black wood
> > Sent: Monday, 31 March 2008 7:36 PM
> > To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Bulk Order For VC s Anyone Interested
> ???
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi there all l would like to buy 2 vcc.... but to get a better deal
> the more ordered the better the price would be..... How many people
> REALLY want a new vc and would be prepared to put money up front to
> confirm a bulk order... lm only interested in the brand new
> units.......thanks
> >
> >
> >
> > ________________________________
> >
> > Get the name you always wanted with the new y7mail email address
> <http://au.rd.yahoo.com/mail/taglines/au/y7mail/default/*http:/au.yahoo.\
>
> com/y7mail/?p1=ni&p2=general&p3=tagline&p4=other> .
> >

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Syncro_T3_Australia/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Syncro_T3_Australia/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia-digest@yahoogroups.com
    mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    Syncro_T3_Australia-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Murray,

I have put a query to Mike Plompen in Belgium (Busman) about VCs.  He has reconditioned VCs and I have asked him about serviceability and life of the reconditioned compared with new.  His price is E530.  Waiting for a reply.

By the way, he also has a Sports Visco; most interesting concept.  It's on his website: http://www.busman.be/pagina50aa.html

Les 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 8:49 AM
Subject: RE: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Bulk Order For VC s Anyone Interested ???

Hi Phill,

The question is can they be purchased locally? Has anybody purchased a VC in Australia recently?

Also, the European prices I've seen work out slightly more than the US suppliers, but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places? I'm going to be in Italy, France and Spain in July  so if anybody knows where I might pick one up on my travels that might solve my problem.

BTW postage and insurance through van-cafe is $110 US on a single unit, I've just had that confirmed.

Cheers Murray

This is called Pricing Yourself Completely Out of The Market - a concept totally unrecognized by VW!!

Les

Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 9:21 AM
Subject: RE: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Bulk Order For VC s Anyone Interested ???

Just for the record, VW Australia dealers can supply a VC for the bargain basement price of $3,700.

From: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com on behalf of plander@optusnet. com.au
To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
Subject: Re: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] Re: Bulk Order For VC s Anyone    Interested ???

Phill

Hi Les,

Yes, I did look at Mike’s site, and I’ve had one or two informative email discussions with Mike too. I guess the advantage there is that the reconditioned version would come in at AU $910.00 on current conversion rates and not attract the customs charges and the like, but I was a bit apprehensive about putting in a reconditioned VC when the difference in price between new and reconditioned was pretty minimal (less minimal when the extra charged kick on though of course). Feedback from Mike on the reconditioned units would be very worthwhile.

The sports VC on paper looks good but requires a de-coupler to be fitted as well. Currently I don’t have a de-coupler fitted and was wanting to hold off on having on installed for a while to spread my expenditure.

Cheers Murray

Murray,

I have put a query to Mike Plompen in Belgium (Busman) about VCs.  He has reconditioned VCs and I have asked him about serviceability and life of the reconditioned compared with new.  His price is E530.  Waiting for a reply.

By the way, he also has a Sports Visco; most interesting concept.  It's on his website: http://www.busman. be/pagina50aa. html

Les 

Subject: RE: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] Re: Bulk Order For VC s Anyone Interested ???

Hi Phill,

Also, the European prices I've seen work out slightly more than the US suppliers, but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places? I'm going to be in Italy , France and Spain in July  so if anybody knows where I might pick one up on my travels that might solve my problem.

Cheers Murray

Hi all,

In the reconditioned decouplers not only the oil is changed (which is in fact a precize mixture of two types of oil) , but also the plates inside the visco are checked on scratched or dents, if there are any, they are replaced. Then they are tested on the original machines vw used to test them. They have to test around 109 Nm.

The sports visco is a special product, it does about 250 Nm which makes it work a lot faster then a standard one, but it’s not too tight to damage anything : a broken, hard visco can do 600Nm or more.

The sport visco should be used in combination with a decoupler, you then decouple when you have to make a u-turn ir when you want to park the car. The sport visco makes your Syncro perform better offroad, especially in sanddunes. As far as I’m concerned, the only time putting in a decoupler can be a good option is when you put in a sport vc. Otherwise it’s better to glue on only the knob on the dash ;-) Again, that’s just my opinion and I know there are many J

Another thing, if you want to go for the most sexy solution one should go for the combination sports visco – decoupler – power take off. I hope to be able to quote a price for the brand new pto deoupler version at the soonest.

Finally a word about “new” visco’s. If one would know the production date, like one does with rebuild vc’s, it could be interesting in case they are indeed newly build.

If not I wouldn’t trust them and would rather pay less for these then for tested and reconditioned ones. Again, that’s only my personal opinion.

A visco wears if you store them wrong for a long time. If you put it on the shelf upright, like it’s mounted in the car, it’s fine. But if one would store it horizontal for a year or even more, the oil will get bad.  But maybe there’s warranty on the old stock ones ?

Mike

Van: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] Namens Murray Lee
Verzonden: woensdag 2 april 2008 2:41
Aan: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Onderwerp: RE: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Bulk Order For VC s Anyone Interested ???

Hi Les,

Yes, I did look at Mike’s site, and I’ve had one or two informative email discussions with Mike too. I guess the advantage there is that the reconditioned version would come in at AU $910.00 on current conversion rates and not attract the customs charges and the like, but I was a bit apprehensive about putting in a reconditioned VC when the difference in price between new and reconditioned was pretty minimal (less minimal when the extra charged kick on though of course). Feedback from Mike on the reconditioned units would be very worthwhile.

The sports VC on paper looks good but requires a de-coupler to be fitted as well. Currently I don’t have a de-coupler fitted and was wanting to hold off on having on installed for a while to spread my expenditure.

Cheers Murray

Murray ,

By the way, he also has a Sports Visco; most interesting concept.  It's on his website: http://www.busman. be/pagina50aa. html

Les 

Subject: RE: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] Re: Bulk Order For VC s Anyone Interested ???

Hi Phill,

Also, the European prices I've seen work out slightly more than the US suppliers, but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places? I'm going to be in Italy , France and Spain in July  so if anybody knows where I might pick one up on my travels that might solve my problem.

Cheers Murray

Correction; see below, i meant off course visco and not decoupler

mike

Hi all,

In the reconditioned VISCO’S not only the oil is changed (which is in fact a precize mixture of two types of oil) , but also the plates inside the visco are checked on scratched or dents, if there are any, they are replaced. Then they are tested on the original machines vw used to test them. They have to test around 109 Nm.

The sports visco is a special product, it does about 250 Nm which makes it work a lot faster then a standard one, but it’s not too tight to damage anything : a broken, hard visco can do 600Nm or more.

The sport visco should be used in combination with a decoupler, you then decouple when you have to make a u-turn ir when you want to park the car. The sport visco makes your Syncro perform better offroad, especially in sanddunes. As far as I’m concerned, the only time putting in a decoupler can be a good option is when you put in a sport vc. Otherwise it’s better to glue on only the knob on the dash ;-) Again, that’s just my opinion and I know there are many J

Another thing, if you want to go for the most sexy solution one should go for the combination sports visco – decoupler – power take off. I hope to be able to quote a price for the brand new pto deoupler version at the soonest.

Finally a word about “new” visco’s. If one would know the production date, like one does with rebuild vc’s, it could be interesting in case they are indeed newly build.

If not I wouldn’t trust them and would rather pay less for these then for tested and reconditioned ones. Again, that’s only my personal opinion.

A visco wears if you store them wrong for a long time. If you put it on the shelf upright, like it’s mounted in the car, it’s fine. But if one would store it horizontal for a year or even more, the oil will get bad.  But maybe there’s warranty on the old stock ones ?

Mike

Van: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com [mailto:Syncro_ T3_Australia@ yahoogroups. com] Namens Murray Lee
Aan: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
Onderwerp: RE: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] Re: Bulk Order For VC s Anyone Interested ???

Hi Les,

Cheers Murray

Murray ,

Les 

Hi Phill,

Cheers Murray

RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] recon visco, decoupler and power take off

Thanks once again for all this Mike. Can you enlighten me though not being particularly mechanically minded? I know what the power take off can do (I think) ie produce an output of power that can be used for a range of things, but tell me what is the precise advantage of this to the average Syncro? Where, how and why is the power applied and to what advantage?

Cheers Murray

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com on behalf of mike
Sent: Wed 4/2/2008 6:51 PM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] recon visco, decoupler and power take off

mike

Hi all,

In the reconditioned VISCO'S not only the oil is changed (which is in fact a
precize mixture of two types of oil) , but also the plates inside the visco
are checked on scratched or dents, if there are any, they are replaced. Then
they are tested on the original machines vw used to test them. They have to
test around 109 Nm.

The sports visco is a special product, it does about 250 Nm which makes it
work a lot faster then a standard one, but it's not too tight to damage
anything : a broken, hard visco can do 600Nm or more.

The sport visco should be used in combination with a decoupler, you then
decouple when you have to make a u-turn ir when you want to park the car.
The sport visco makes your Syncro perform better offroad, especially in
sanddunes. As far as I'm concerned, the only time putting in a decoupler can
be a good option is when you put in a sport vc. Otherwise it's better to
glue on only the knob on the dash ;-) Again, that's just my opinion and I
know there are many :-)

Another thing, if you want to go for the most sexy solution one should go
for the combination sports visco - decoupler - power take off. I hope to be
able to quote a price for the brand new pto deoupler version at the soonest.

Finally a word about "new" visco's. If one would know the production date,
like one does with rebuild vc's, it could be interesting in case they are
indeed newly build.

If not I wouldn't trust them and would rather pay less for these then for
tested and reconditioned ones. Again, that's only my personal opinion.

A visco wears if you store them wrong for a long time. If you put it on the
shelf upright, like it's mounted in the car, it's fine. But if one would
store it horizontal for a year or even more, the oil will get bad.  But
maybe there's warranty on the old stock ones ?

Mike

_____ 

Van: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] Namens Murray Lee
Onderwerp: RE: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Bulk Order For VC s Anyone
Interested ???

Hi Les,

Yes, I did look at Mike's site, and I've had one or two informative email
discussions with Mike too. I guess the advantage there is that the
reconditioned version would come in at AU $910.00 on current conversion
rates and not attract the customs charges and the like, but I was a bit
apprehensive about putting in a reconditioned VC when the difference in
price between new and reconditioned was pretty minimal (less minimal when
the extra charged kick on though of course). Feedback from Mike on the
reconditioned units would be very worthwhile.

The sports VC on paper looks good but requires a de-coupler to be fitted as
well. Currently I don't have a de-coupler fitted and was wanting to hold off
on having on installed for a while to spread my expenditure.

Cheers Murray

Murray,

I have put a query to Mike Plompen in Belgium (Busman) about VCs.  He has
reconditioned VCs and I have asked him about serviceability and life of the
reconditioned compared with new.  His price is E530.  Waiting for a reply.

By the way, he also has a Sports Visco; most interesting concept.  It's on
his website: http://www.busman. <http://www.busman.be/pagina50aa.html>
be/pagina50aa.html

Les

To: Syncro_T3_Australia <mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
@yahoogroups.com

Subject: RE: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Bulk Order For VC s Anyone
Interested ???

Hi Phill,

The question is can they be purchased locally? Has anybody purchased a VC in
Australia recently?

Also, the European prices I've seen work out slightly more than the US
suppliers, but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places? I'm going to be in
Italy, France and Spain in July  so if anybody knows where I might pick one
up on my travels that might solve my problem.

BTW postage and insurance through van-cafe is $110 US on a single unit, I've
just had that confirmed.

Cheers Murray

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=13267315/grpspId=1709926240/msgI
d=2781/stime=1207090721/nc1=4767085/nc2=3848627/nc3=5202316>

Hi murray,

The power take off was never really used, it was a developed for the finnish market only where private persons pay a lot less tax on their bus when it is a utilitary vehicle, that can be a crewcab with no rear seats or a 4x4 bus with a pto.

So far I haven’t seen syncro’s with a factory original pto on which people connected anything, which is a shame.

You could not only make a mechanical winch but also could you use it to power a hydraulic winch and lots of hydraulic tools. This way your Syncro is not only a perfect car, offroader, camper but also a power unit !

The pto as you can see on the pics has an extra flange on the nose. That’s where you will have to start from. You will also need to mount a cable to engage/disengage the pto, I will upload pics and drawings on my site in the near future of how to do that.

Mike

www.busman.be

Van: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] Namens Murray Lee
Verzonden: woensdag 2 april 2008 11:16
Onderwerp: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] recon visco, decoupler and power take off

Thanks once again for all this Mike. Can you enlighten me though not being particularly mechanically minded? I know what the power take off can do (I think) ie produce an output of power that can be used for a range of things, but tell me what is the precise advantage of this to the average Syncro? Where, how and why is the power applied and to what advantage?

Cheers Murray

From: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com on behalf of mike
Sent: Wed 4/2/2008 6:51 PM
To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] recon visco, decoupler and power take off

mike

Hi all,

In the reconditioned VISCO'S not only the oil is changed (which is in fact a
precize mixture of two types of oil) , but also the plates inside the visco
are checked on scratched or dents, if there are any, they are replaced. Then
they are tested on the original machines vw used to test them. They have to
test around 109 Nm.

The sports visco is a special product, it does about 250 Nm which makes it
work a lot faster then a standard one, but it's not too tight to damage
anything : a broken, hard visco can do 600Nm or more.

The sport visco should be used in combination with a decoupler, you then
decouple when you have to make a u-turn ir when you want to park the car.
The sport visco makes your Syncro perform better offroad, especially in
sanddunes. As far as I'm concerned, the only time putting in a decoupler can
be a good option is when you put in a sport vc. Otherwise it's better to
glue on only the knob on the dash ;-) Again, that's just my opinion and I
know there are many :-)

Another thing, if you want to go for the most sexy solution one should go
for the combination sports visco - decoupler - power take off. I hope to be
able to quote a price for the brand new pto deoupler version at the soonest.

Finally a word about "new" visco's. If one would know the production date,
like one does with rebuild vc's, it could be interesting in case they are
indeed newly build.

If not I wouldn't trust them and would rather pay less for these then for
tested and reconditioned ones. Again, that's only my personal opinion.

A visco wears if you store them wrong for a long time. If you put it on the
shelf upright, like it's mounted in the car, it's fine. But if one would
store it horizontal for a year or even more, the oil will get bad.  But
maybe there's warranty on the old stock ones ?

Mike

_____ 

Van: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
[mailto:Syncro_ T3_Australia@ yahoogroups. com] Namens Murray Lee
Aan: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
Onderwerp: RE: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] Re: Bulk Order For VC s Anyone
Interested ???

Hi Les,

Yes, I did look at Mike's site, and I've had one or two informative email
discussions with Mike too. I guess the advantage there is that the
reconditioned version would come in at AU $910.00 on current conversion
rates and not attract the customs charges and the like, but I was a bit
apprehensive about putting in a reconditioned VC when the difference in
price between new and reconditioned was pretty minimal (less minimal when
the extra charged kick on though of course). Feedback from Mike on the
reconditioned units would be very worthwhile.

The sports VC on paper looks good but requires a de-coupler to be fitted as
well. Currently I don't have a de-coupler fitted and was wanting to hold off
on having on installed for a while to spread my expenditure.

Cheers Murray

Murray,

I have put a query to Mike Plompen in Belgium (Busman) about VCs.  He has
reconditioned VCs and I have asked him about serviceability and life of the
reconditioned compared with new.  His price is E530.  Waiting for a reply.

By the way, he also has a Sports Visco; most interesting concept.  It's on
his website: http://www.busman. <http://www.busman. be/pagina50aa. html>
be/pagina50aa. html

Les

To: Syncro_T3_Australia <mailto:Syncro_ T3_Australia@ yahoogroups. com>
@yahoogroups. com

Subject: RE: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] Re: Bulk Order For VC s Anyone
Interested ???

Hi Phill,

The question is can they be purchased locally? Has anybody purchased a VC in
Australia recently?

Also, the European prices I've seen work out slightly more than the US
suppliers, but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places? I'm going to be in
Italy, France and Spain in July  so if anybody knows where I might pick one
up on my travels that might solve my problem.

BTW postage and insurance through van-cafe is $110 US on a single unit, I've
just had that confirmed.

Cheers Murray

<http://geo.yahoo. com/serv? s=97359714/ grpId=13267315/ grpspId=17099262 40/msgI
d=2781/stime= 1207090721/ nc1=4767085/ nc2=3848627/ nc3=5202316>

Hi Mike,
Do your reconditioned VC's come with a warranty and how much is
shipping to australia?
andy buchan

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "mike" <borzeken@...>
wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
>
>
> In the reconditioned decouplers not only the oil is changed (which
is in
> fact a precize mixture of two types of oil) , but also the plates
inside the
> visco are checked on scratched or dents, if there are any, they are
> replaced. Then they are tested on the original machines vw used to
test
> them. They have to test around 109 Nm.
>
> The sports visco is a special product, it does about 250 Nm which
makes it
> work a lot faster then a standard one, but it's not too tight to
damage
> anything : a broken, hard visco can do 600Nm or more.
>
> The sport visco should be used in combination with a decoupler, you
then
> decouple when you have to make a u-turn ir when you want to park
the car.
> The sport visco makes your Syncro perform better offroad,
especially in
> sanddunes. As far as I'm concerned, the only time putting in a
decoupler can
> be a good option is when you put in a sport vc. Otherwise it's
better to
> glue on only the knob on the dash ;-) Again, that's just my opinion
and I
> know there are many :-)
>
> Another thing, if you want to go for the most sexy solution one
should go
> for the combination sports visco - decoupler - power take off. I
hope to be
> able to quote a price for the brand new pto deoupler version at the
soonest.
>
>
>
> Finally a word about "new" visco's. If one would know the
production date,
> like one does with rebuild vc's, it could be interesting in case
they are
> indeed newly build.
>
> If not I wouldn't trust them and would rather pay less for these
then for
> tested and reconditioned ones. Again, that's only my personal
opinion.
>
> A visco wears if you store them wrong for a long time. If you put
it on the
> shelf upright, like it's mounted in the car, it's fine. But if one
would
> store it horizontal for a year or even more, the oil will get bad.
But
> maybe there's warranty on the old stock ones ?
>
>
>
> Mike
>
> _____
>
> Van: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] Namens Murray Lee
> Verzonden: woensdag 2 april 2008 2:41
> Aan: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Onderwerp: RE: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Bulk Order For VC s
Anyone
> Interested ???
>
>
>
> Hi Les,
>
>
>
> Yes, I did look at Mike's site, and I've had one or two informative
email
> discussions with Mike too. I guess the advantage there is that the
> reconditioned version would come in at AU $910.00 on current
conversion
> rates and not attract the customs charges and the like, but I was a
bit
> apprehensive about putting in a reconditioned VC when the
difference in
> price between new and reconditioned was pretty minimal (less
minimal when
> the extra charged kick on though of course). Feedback from Mike on
the
> reconditioned units would be very worthwhile.
>
>
>
> The sports VC on paper looks good but requires a de-coupler to be
fitted as
> well. Currently I don't have a de-coupler fitted and was wanting to
hold off
> on having on installed for a while to spread my expenditure.
>
>
>
> Cheers Murray
>
>
>
>
>
> Murray,
>
>
>
> I have put a query to Mike Plompen in Belgium (Busman) about VCs.
He has
> reconditioned VCs and I have asked him about serviceability and
life of the
> reconditioned compared with new. His price is E530. Waiting for a
reply.
>
>
>
> By the way, he also has a Sports Visco; most interesting concept.
It's on
> his website: http://www.busman
<http://www.busman.be/pagina50aa.html>
> be/pagina50aa.html
>
>
>
> Les
>
>
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
>
> From: Murray Lee <mailto:murray.lee@...>
>
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia <mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
> @yahoogroups.com
>
> Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 8:49 AM
>
> Subject: RE: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Bulk Order For VC s
Anyone
> Interested ???
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi Phill,
>
> The question is can they be purchased locally? Has anybody
purchased a VC in
> Australia recently?
>
> Also, the European prices I've seen work out slightly more than the
US
> suppliers, but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places? I'm going
to be in
> Italy, France and Spain in July so if anybody knows where I might
pick one
> up on my travels that might solve my problem.
>
> BTW postage and insurance through van-cafe is $110 US on a single
unit, I've
> just had that confirmed.
>
> Cheers Murray
>
>
>
>
>
>