Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] My new T3 Syncro plus comparison test with Tarrago ...

Hi Roger -
             just checked that article comparing the Caravelle with a Tarago and a Starwagon. Mine was from "overlander" magazine. I'm not sure of the date, but the subscription offer for the magazine ended on 31st July 1991 - so it must have been before that.

The comparison was a joke. I have driven them all and neither came close to the Syncro off-road. The Tarago was useless off the bitumen, and really only designed for skiers - but with nowhere to stow their gear. As for the Starwagon, I out-drove one of them on an off-road jaunt to the old Queensland goldfields in my old '68 T2. I really thought the Mitsibushi was going to tip over at one stage.

There should be a law against selling vehicles with such dangerous weight-distribution and primitive suspension - but that would legislate most of the popular oriental 4WD's off the market.

Speaking about weight-distribution, after unloading that diatribe, I just fell off my soap-box ....

Cheers, Roger [not Graeme] Beetle.       
                                                                                                                                                                                                 Hi Ho Silver!

Just to advise I have now successfully loaded all 9 pages of this article.
Click on "visit your group" just below or the bottom of any T3 Syncro group email 
then click on Files
then click on the folder named as  the subject of this email.
Then click on each page in the folder as required. I just tested it and it worked for me.

After I posted the 1st page I received 1 very encouraging feedback. Do others welcome such postings if relevant (I'd enjoy reading similar files posted by others) or is the concensus that I shouldn't be wasting valuable file space on non technical articles? Be candid I'm originally from England so when they were handing out brains I thought they said skin and asked for a thick one.)
Cheers
Roger.

Roger

Thanks for uploading those images of the article - a great article indeed and I enjoy them as much as Skot does.

I find them a bit hard to read in JPG format, so I've made it into a PDF for downloading and reading / printing offline. Check in the same Folder in the Yahoo T3 Group Files Section

I've also made it into a 'interactive' on-screen version with Zoom / Pan

This can be viewed here:

Enjoy

Mark.

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 10:17 PM, Roger Bell <bellrmit@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

Just to advise I have now successfully loaded all 9 pages of this article.
Click on "visit your group" just below or the bottom of any T3 Syncro group email
then click on Files
then click on the folder named as the subject of this email.
Then click on each page in the folder as required. I just tested it and it worked for me.
After I posted the 1st page I received 1 very encouraging feedback. Do others welcome such postings if relevant (I'd enjoy reading similar files posted by others) or is the concensus that I shouldn't be wasting valuable file space on non technical articles? Be candid I'm originally from England so when they were handing out brains I thought they said skin and asked for a thick one.)
Cheers
Roger.