Rear Bumper mount vibration

Exactamundo

Thanks Ken

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, Ken Garratt <unclekenz@...> wrote:
>
>
> Dave,Something like this? ...http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1299742Or this? ...http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1258096Cheers.Ken
>
>
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> From: davidleibmann@...
> Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 04:15:22 +0000
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Rear Bumper mount vibration
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi All,
>
> Thanks for the tips. Youre right about the wire loop and as I expected after finally removing the bumper mount the loop was broken and the square shaped nut welded inside it passes its used by date and free playing. Looks like a lot of work to weld it back in. I can not believe that this one loose nut on the bumper mount has caused me months of frustration through its persistent chatter, perhaps with the rear engine sitting next to it?
>
> Does anyone know where I could purchase a rear passenger side bumper bracket for a 1990 Syncro (MV)?
>
> All up cruising around in our Syncro puts a smile on my face form ear to ear. My wife recently had her birthday and her only wish was to head bush in the Syncro. We ended up at Delicate Nobby, just south of Crescent Head on the Mid North Coast of NSW, highly recommended for surfing, fishing and loosing track of time! Went exploring down to Point Plomer, man that is the bumpiest most pot holled filled track I have ever encounted.
>
> Cant wait for the next adventure. Valla?
>
> Cheers
>
> Dave
>
>
>
> --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, Gullyraker@ wrote:
>
> >
>
> > Hi Dave,
>
> > I seem to remember that mine has captive nuts inside the
>
> > chassis rail. There was a piece of wire welded to each, and the wire was poking
>
> > out of a nearby hole in the chassis rail. This is a common trick used by
>
> > bodybuilders and panelbeaters. Locate the wire, spray some WD40 in the direction
>
> > of the nut, let it soak for a while, hold the wire, and jolt the bolt.
>
> >
>
> > Sounds like your wire might have broken off already, which makes life
>
> > difficult. If you can't jam the nut with a tapered cold chisel or screwdriver,
>
> > you'll have to blow the head of the bolt off with the gas axe or angle
>
> > grinder and get a new nut and bolt.
>
> >
>
> > Weld some solid wire to the nut so that you can hold it in place, and use
>
> > silver or copper grease on the threads so it can't rust.
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > Cheers, Roger.
>
> >
>