Rear CV's and Axels

Hi I was wondering if anyone on here had done rear CV's lately.  
With the lower AUD, US suppliers are less appealing than previously.

Any recent pricing or feedback from local suppliers is welcome.

Secondly, Is the Syncro rear Axel thicker in diameter that standard T2 - T3 axel?
If so it may be easier to replace whole axel assembly both sides.

Thanks in advance for any advice..

Rowan Hardinge

Syncro Surfer Blog:
http://syncrosurfer.tumblr.com/
Rowan t2 + t3 axels are the same thickness because it is all about the inner spline of the 100mm cv. If you want to go stronger you go up a cv size to 108mm (930cv). Then you need to change hub and g/box flanges. The best practice with standard cvs is to get replacement gkn Lobro cvs and fit them to the genuine shafts. The biggest problem at the minute is no one makes decent boots any more. 

Sent from Greg's iPhone

On 4 Jan 2015, at 2:08 pm, Rowan Hardinge rowan.hardinge@yahoo.com [Syncro_T3_Australia] <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi I was wondering if anyone on here had done rear CV's lately.  

Secondly, Is the Syncro rear Axel thicker in diameter that standard T2 - T3 axel?

Rowan Hardinge

Hi Guys,
We don't need to worry about the strength of the T2 rear axle/drive shafts and CVs.

I've been running the Bergmeister with them as standard now for over 100,000 Ks,
and they are being driven by the 3.6 Porsche engine through a G50 Porsche transmission.

I was concerned when we first built her, but my Porsche mechanic reassured me by giving me some Porsche numbers to compare with the VW.

All we do is regularly check that the CV bolts are tight, and occasionally replace them, but this is purely precautionary.

Hope this helps,
Peter

--Original Message Text---
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 15:50:12 +1100

Rowan t2 + t3 axels are the same thickness because it is all about the inner spline of the 100mm cv. If you want to go stronger you go up a cv size to 108mm (930cv). Then you need to change hub and g/box flanges. The best practice with standard cvs is to get replacement gkn Lobro cvs and fit them to the genuine shafts. The biggest problem at the minute is no one makes decent boots any more.

Sent from Greg's iPhone

On 4 Jan 2015, at 2:08 pm, Rowan Hardinge rowan.hardinge@yahoo.com [Syncro_T3_Australia] <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi I was wondering if anyone on here had done rear CV's lately.

Rowan Hardinge

Syncro Surfer Blog:
http://syncrosurfer.tumblr.com/