Rubber floor mat - front

Hi all - does any one know what my options are wrt replacing my front moulded factory floor mat in my Syncro?

I need to replace mine as its split and I do a lot of fishing in the beach and I like to keep the sand out.

Rgds
Hamish

Sent from my iPhone
Are these the ones??
http://www.justkampersaustralia.com/shop/t3/accessories/interior-accessories?cat=895
BenC

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, HamishD <dobson_hamish@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all - does any one know what my options are wrt replacing my front moulded factory floor mat in my Syncro?
>
> I need to replace mine as its split and I do a lot of fishing in the beach and I like to keep the sand out.
>
> Rgds
> Hamish
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
Thanks Ben. I've checked web looks like the full width original front moulded rubber is not available

Sent from my iPhone

On 24/05/2013, at 7:41 PM, "Ben" <bencroft96@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Are these the ones??
> http://www.justkampersaustralia.com/shop/t3/accessories/interior-accessories?cat=895
> BenC
>
> --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, HamishD <dobson_hamish@...> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all - does any one know what my options are wrt replacing my front moulded factory floor mat in my Syncro?
>>
>> I need to replace mine as its split and I do a lot of fishing in the beach and I like to keep the sand out.
>>
>> Rgds
>> Hamish
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
Hamish,

You could go to Clark Rubber and find some similar rubber mats of appropriate size then use yours as a template and cut yourself up a new one.

Either that or visit the wreckers.

There is always theSamba.com too under classifieds. You don't need to be a member to buy something either.

Best of luck.

Cheers,

Skot

On 24/05/2013 9:57 PM, HamishD wrote:

Thanks Ben. I've checked web looks like the full width original front moulded rubber is not available

Sent from my iPhone

> Are these the ones??
> http://www.justkampersaustralia.com/shop/t3/accessories/interior-accessories?cat=895
> BenC
>
> --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, HamishD <dobson_hamish@...> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all - does any one know what my options are wrt replacing my front moulded factory floor mat in my Syncro?
>>
>> I need to replace mine as its split and I do a lot of fishing in the beach and I like to keep the sand out.
>>
>> Rgds
>> Hamish
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

I've asked rudi he's got a few cars.
I like the factory moulded one its like a bathtub and keeps the water out If intact.

Sent from my iPhone

On 24/05/2013, at 10:04 PM, Mr Scott Pitcher <spbconsulting@bigpond.com> wrote:

Hamish,

You could go to Clark Rubber and find some similar rubber mats of appropriate size then use yours as a template and cut yourself up a new one.

There is always theSamba.com too under classifieds. You don't need to be a member to buy something either.

Best of luck.

Cheers,

Skot

Sent from my iPhone

> Are these the ones??
> BenC
>
>>
>>
>>
>> Rgds
>> Hamish
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

Don't buy from samba.

I didn't think that you would fall for that one Scot.

LHD

----- Original Message -----
Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com

To:
<Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
Cc:

Sent:
Fri, 24 May 2013 22:04:55 +1000
Subject:
Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Rubber floor mat - front

Hamish,

Best of luck.

Cheers,

Skot

Sent from my iPhone

> Are these the ones??
> BenC
>
>>
>>
>>
>> Rgds
>> Hamish
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

Email sent using Optus Webmail
Phil,

I just thought you could cut and glue the bits you need from a LHD to a RHD.

As you say it wouldn't work otherwise. But the Americans usually trash the left hand side as that's where they always sit so their passenger side with a few well located cuts would make a perfect donor?

Skot

On 25/05/2013 6:09 AM, plander@optusnet.com.au wrote:

Don't buy from samba.

LHD

To:
<Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
Cc:

Sent:
Subject:

Hamish,

Best of luck.

Cheers,

Skot

Sent from my iPhone

> Are these the ones??
> BenC
>
>>
>>
>>
>> Rgds
>> Hamish
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

If you have the raised centre duct you could cut it straight down the middle. Keep your lhs portion and fit the rhs of the lhd mat. Then just cut out the steering and accel slots. Greg E

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, 25 May 2013 8:34 AM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Rubber floor mat - front

Phil, I just thought you could cut and glue the bits you need from a LHD to a RHD. As you say it wouldn't work otherwise. But the Americans usually trash the left hand side as that's where they always sit so their passenger side with a few well located cuts would make a perfect donor? Skot
On 25/05/2013 6:09 AM, plander@optusnet.com.au wrote:

Don't buy from samba.

LHD

To:
mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Cc:

Sent:
Subject:

Hamish, You could go to Clark Rubber and find some similar rubber mats of appropriate size then use yours as a template and cut yourself up a new one. Either that or visit the wreckers. There is always theSamba.com too under classifieds. You don't need to be a member to buy something either. Best of luck. Cheers, Skot On 24/05/2013 9:57 PM, HamishD wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

On 24/05/2013, at 7:41 PM, "Ben" <mailto:bencroft96%40yahoo.com> wrote:

> Are these the ones??
> BenC
>
> --- In mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia%40yahoogroups.com, HamishD mailto:dobson_hamish@... wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>> Rgds
>> Hamish
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
You can still buy them new from VW Classic Parts DE for 330Euro.

Part number is 252 863 711G 041

I'm sure that you can get a good one from a wreck somewhere.

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, HamishD <dobson_hamish@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all - does any one know what my options are wrt replacing my front moulded factory floor mat in my Syncro?
>
> I need to replace mine as its split and I do a lot of fishing in the beach and I like to keep the sand out.
>
> Rgds
> Hamish
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>