Sawtell winter break vw

Anybody attending? Think it's 15th august at campground.
I've just got back from 4 week outback tour. Visited Birdsville,big red, innaminka via Walkers crossing through the great stony desert. 6500km with no oil or water usage and only a broken power steering belt.[ oh and gearbox stuck in 4th gear 35km west of birdsville in the simpson. Heart in mouth. Any way it was the ball and socket on the outside of the box which had popped] Will post some pics. Cheers Bill Sullivan.
--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "muddy3267" <marg_bill@...> wrote:
>
> Anybody attending? Think it's 15th august at campground.
> I've just got back from 4 week outback tour. Visited Birdsville,big red, innaminka via Walkers crossing through the great stony desert. 6500km with no oil or water usage and only a broken power steering belt.[ oh and gearbox stuck in 4th gear 35km west of birdsville in the simpson. Heart in mouth. Any way it was the ball and socket on the outside of the box which had popped] Will post some pics. Cheers Bill Sullivan.
>

Sounds like an awesome trip can't wait to see some pictures and hear more about some of the places you went. How did you go at walkers crossing. Any rough stuff along the way. Do tell stories. Traveled around oz in my t2 a year ago 55000km in about 10 months. Had all kinds of great experiences with blocked fuel lines, spark plugs coming loose, brake lines shearing on rocks, running out of spare tires in the pilbarra. Favorite memory was having the front window shatter(non laminated) and driving 100s of kms in pouring rain north of cooktown back to cairns. Then the poptop came off due to the wind draft going through the car effectively leaving me with a convertible kombi.
Hi Bill

your trip sounds great and look forward to seeing some pictures from that part of the world. You must have had some good sunsets out there this time of year.

Will not be at Sawtell this year, however, I will be posting shortly a general invitation to the Old Bar Beach Festival on the October Long Weekend at, you guessed it, Old Bar, NSW. Lots of fun and should have a few Syncros there.

Mark.

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "muddy3267" <marg_bill@...> wrote:
>
> Anybody attending? Think it's 15th august at campground.
> I've just got back from 4 week outback tour. Visited Birdsville,big red, innaminka via Walkers crossing through the great stony desert. 6500km with no oil or water usage and only a broken power steering belt.[ oh and gearbox stuck in 4th gear 35km west of birdsville in the simpson. Heart in mouth. Any way it was the ball and socket on the outside of the box which had popped] Will post some pics. Cheers Bill Sullivan.
>