selling my synro

Hi everyone, I am reluctantly about to  put my syncro on the market for $8500, after 5 or 6 years of ownership my wife and i have decided that a slide on with some mod cons may be the way. Basicly it means the syncro will sit and not be used,  rather than let it deteriate  thought we should pass it on for some one else to enjoy. Here is a copy of what I have put on gumtree and some pics if anyone is interested.

Volkswagon Syncro 4x4. Last of the rear engine Kombi/Transporters (some enthusiasts say Volkswagon’s best ever van). 257,000 km on the clock. I have been informed by a previous owner it had an engine rebuild at around 130.000kms by Volksimports. Straight body, only some minor rust spots that a lick of paint would fix. Caravel front seats, in need of upholstery work. Gearbox, Front and Rear diff professionally rebuilt with new crown wheel and pinions 20,000km ago by Baker Bros of Huntingdale Victoria . New clutch, spigot bearing and oil seals front and back fitted at the same time. 15inch Mercedes  steel rims, dual battery. Registered until 31-01-2013. This strong van eats gravel roads and spits them out its exhaust. Used as my camper for fishing trips to the highlands of Tasmania , trips to Sandy Cape on the far North West of Tassie and a 12 week trip to Nth Queensland and back home. This van is being offered at a give away price.
Phil Lee
WOW!!! How many seats and does it have aircon??

Michael

Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2012 3:35 PM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] selling my synro

Hi everyone, I am reluctantly about to  put my syncro on the market for $8500, after 5 or 6 years of ownership my wife and i have decided that a slide on with some mod cons may be the way. Basicly it means the syncro will sit and not be used,  rather than let it deteriate  thought we should pass it on for some one else to enjoy. Here is a copy of what I have put on gumtree and some pics if anyone is interested.

Volkswagon Syncro 4x4. Last of the rear engine Kombi/Transporters (some enthusiasts say Volkswagon’s best ever van). 257,000 km on the clock. I have been informed by a previous owner it had an engine rebuild at around 130.000kms by Volksimports. Straight body, only some minor rust spots that a lick of paint would fix. Caravel front seats, in need of upholstery work. Gearbox, Front and Rear diff professionally rebuilt with new crown wheel and pinions 20,000km ago by Baker Bros of Huntingdale Victoria . New clutch, spigot bearing and oil seals front and back fitted at the same time. 15inch Mercedes  steel rims, dual battery. Registered until 31-01-2013. This strong van eats gravel roads and spits them out its exhaust. Used as my camper for fishing trips to the highlands of Tasmania , trips to Sandy Cape on the far North West of Tassie and a 12 week trip to Nth Queensland and back home. This van is being offered at a give away price.
Phil Lee
Yes Michael, has aircon the prestige system  found to have no leaks and gassed up 2 years ago, is still working. 2 seater ex telstra.

Phil

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 22 November 2012 4:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] selling my synro

WOW!!! How many seats and does it have aircon??

Michael

Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2012 3:35 PM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] selling my synro

Hi everyone, I am reluctantly about to  put my syncro on the market for $8500, after 5 or 6 years of ownership my wife and i have decided that a slide on with some mod cons may be the way. Basicly it means the syncro will sit and not be used,  rather than let it deteriate  thought we should pass it on for some one else to enjoy. Here is a copy of what I have put on gumtree and some pics if anyone is interested.

Phil Lee