Syncro back from WA trip

Hi All,

My parents are finally back from a 8 week trip into the WA outback in my syncro.  They travelled the Anne Beadell Hwy into WA then up to Warburton, back across to Yulara and then wound their way home. They did encounter some very rough roads on their way and numerous creek crossing.  Infact the roads were so rough that the headlights actually broke loose at one stage as the little plastic retainers all cracked under the relentless vibrations.  Fortunately I had removed my Al bull bar off the front and moved the spare wheel from under the front in an effort to minimise the weight hanging over the front wheels. Even so the whole front end will need to be stripped down and re bushed.  I put new OEM shock all round just be for they left and bushes were all in good conditions so I can only imagine how rough the roads were.   The other thing that was and issues on both the Syncro but not the 2wd were the radiator fan brackets. The Syncro run a much bigger and heavery fan and the brackets are not up to the tasks on the really rough roads, has anyone else suffered from these issues? Just interested to know whether they are a common problem.  I also believe that there are a number of other plastic parts that failed during the trip that were either tapped up or glued back together.  Once I have a full list of the damage parts I will post it.

Cheers,

Michael Roberts

Brief comment: most plastics, particularly injection moulded parts, embrittle with age.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Michael Roberts
Sent: 02 August 2010 10:33
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Syncro back from WA trip

Hi All,

My parents are finally back from a 8 week trip into the WA outback in my syncro.  They travelled the Anne Beadell Hwy into WA then up to Warburton, back across to Yulara and then wound their way home. They did encounter some very rough roads on their way and numerous creek crossing.  Infact the roads were so rough that the headlights actually broke loose at one stage as the little plastic retainers all cracked under the relentless vibrations.  Fortunately I had removed my Al bull bar off the front and moved the spare wheel from under the front in an effort to minimise the weight hanging over the front wheels. Even so the whole front end will need to be stripped down and re bushed.  I put new OEM shock all round just be for they left and bushes were all in good conditions so I can only imagine how rough the roads were.   The other thing that was and issues on both the Syncro but not the 2wd were the radiator fan brackets. The Syncro run a much bigger and heavery fan and the brackets are not up to the tasks on the really rough roads, has anyone else suffered from these issues? Just interested to know whether they are a common problem.  I also believe that there are a number of other plastic parts that failed during the trip that were either tapped up or glued back together.  Once I have a full list of the damage parts I will post it.

Cheers,

Michael Roberts