Syncro cooling hose connector

Does anyone know where I could get a cooling system part for a 1992 Syncro.
It is a mutiple hose connection junction, made of plastic and no longer madein Germany.
The part number is 251 121 442A it is placed about midway down the drivers side.
I need one to keep enjoying my Syncro
Thanks,
Damian

Damian is a new member who hasn’t introduced himself yet.   He has an ex-Telecom van and lives in Balmain in NSW.

Damian,

Ken and Roger Bayley might be able to offer some useful information.  You might find an illustrated pars list very useful and Phill Lander might be able to provide one.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of damiancobleyfinch
Sent: 11 January 2011 13:11
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Syncro cooling hose connector

It is a mutiple hose connection junction, made of plastic and no longer madein Germany .
The part number is 251 121 442A it is placed about midway down the drivers side.
Thanks,
Damian

Hi Damian,
I just sold my 1992 Caravelle Syncro to Peter Wilson in Montville,Qld.I gave Peter a New Unused Junction together with a new accelerator cable as well.Peter may sell you the Junction however you will have to liase with him via email as he is in Dubai.Check his email address via Ken Garratt.
Cheers,
Everard

Sent: Tue, 11 January, 2011 1:11:17 PM

It is a mutiple hose connection junction, made of plastic and no longer madein Germany.
Thanks,
Damian

Damian,

I suggest you try repairing what you presently have using JB Weld, available at Bursons auto parts suppliers to the auto industry. See the attached pics of one I repaired, I bought it secondhand on The Samba. For further info on JB Weld, goto: http://jbweld.net/products/jbweld.php

Here is the original part, NLA ... http://www.van-cafe.com/home/van_1223689737929/page_670_1135/connectorsjunctions______see_description.html

Here is the only replacement available that I know of, ... http://www.van-cafe.com/home/van_1223689737929/page_926_1135/connectorsjunctions___see_description.......html

Your lucky, the exchange rate is so good at the moment, the only drama is some suppliers are notoriously bad on reasonableness for shipping and handling charges.

Good luck. Cheers.

ken

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 02:11:17 +0000

Thanks,
Damian

Hi Damian,

we call these junctions The Christmas Tree (don't know why) and they are available in the US either in plastic  US 78.50 +freight or in stainless , a bit more for those.
The site is  Van Cafe I  think you will get useful info in due course I'm sure. If you have problems I do have one which I have repaired with JB Weld. You could have that one,
but try first to get a new one.

Hartmut

Thanks,
Damian

Damian,

just checked the van cafe, yes, the plastic one is 78.10 US the s/s one is 94.xx Us plus P/P

Hartmut

To: syncro_t3_australia@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 14:12:42 +1100
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Syncro cooling hose connector

Hi Damian,

we call these junctions The Christmas Tree (don't know why) and they are available in the US either in plastic  US 78.50 +freight or in stainless , a bit more for those.
The site is  Van Cafe I  think you will get useful info in due course I'm sure. If you have problems I do have one which I have repaired with JB Weld. You could have that one,
but try first to get a new one.

Hartmut

Thanks,
Damian

Thanks for your help, sorry I was a bit abrupt but I didn't know the protocol
Damian

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Les Harris" <leslieharris@...> wrote:
>
> Damian is a new member who hasn't introduced himself yet. He has an
> ex-Telecom van and lives in Balmain in NSW.
>
> Damian,
>
> Ken and Roger Bayley might be able to offer some useful information. You
> might find an illustrated pars list very useful and Phill Lander might be
> able to provide one.
>
> Les
>
> _____
>
> From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of damiancobleyfinch
> Sent: 11 January 2011 13:11
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Syncro cooling hose connector
>
>
>
>
>
> Does anyone know where I could get a cooling system part for a 1992 Syncro.
> It is a mutiple hose connection junction, made of plastic and no longer
> madein Germany.
> The part number is 251 121 442A it is placed about midway down the drivers
> side.
> I need one to keep enjoying my Syncro
> Thanks,
> Damian
>
Gday Damian,welcome to our group,if you can still get the plastic one(christmas tree),I would recomend it over a stainless one.Although plenty of people worldwide have used stainless parts in their cooling systems,there is some debate that S/S does cause electrolysis in alloy cooling systems.Maybe if you use a S/S coolant distributor block,the next thing you will have is a leaking radiator.

I know we have had this debate before,but I believe it is better to be sure,than sorry.

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "damiancobleyfinch" <damiancobleyfinch@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks for your help, sorry I was a bit abrupt but I didn't know the protocol
> Damian
>
> --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Les Harris" <leslieharris@> wrote:
> >
> > Damian is a new member who hasn't introduced himself yet. He has an
> > ex-Telecom van and lives in Balmain in NSW.
> >
> > Damian,
> >
> > Ken and Roger Bayley might be able to offer some useful information. You
> > might find an illustrated pars list very useful and Phill Lander might be
> > able to provide one.
> >
> > Les
> >
> > _____
> >
> > From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> > [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of damiancobleyfinch
> > Sent: 11 January 2011 13:11
> > To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Syncro cooling hose connector
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Does anyone know where I could get a cooling system part for a 1992 Syncro.
> > It is a mutiple hose connection junction, made of plastic and no longer
> > madein Germany.
> > The part number is 251 121 442A it is placed about midway down the drivers
> > side.
> > I need one to keep enjoying my Syncro
> > Thanks,
> > Damian
> >
>
Hi Damian,

The part you want is specific to Syncros, commonly called a "Christmas Tree". From other recent posts I think they are probably no longer available, but the good news is that stainless steel versions are available from VanCafe in the USA. These would probably be good insurance as the plastic ones are prone to failure.

www.van-cafe.com

Now is a good time to buy US parts because of the favourable exchange rate, but look out for the freight costs. I usually buy several small lightweight items to spread out the cost. Keep your purchase under AU$1,000  to avoid duty and import hassles.

The 'christmas tree' is the weak link in the chain when pressure builds up in the cooling system, so it's a good idea to replace the blue pressure cap on the coolant reservoir in the engine bay - p/n 025 121 321A - cheap insurance.

Have a look at the hose between the christmas tree and the cylinder head as it will probably need replacing too, and use only the recommended coolant. Tooley Imports at Waitara can supply these.

Don't forget to follow the recommended procedure when refilling the cooling system.

Cheers, Roger [Beetle Bayley].

Roger,

It might be good to tell him the actual name of the part instead of how some have come to call it. Frankly, I have never heard it called a "Christmas tree" in my area. It would save confusion by identifying the part by the name the vendor has it listed by. In this case, I believe they call it a connector/junction.

Please also note that different vendors will use the same part number yet format the digits in such a manner that makes searching their site using the competitors format can cause problems. For example, if you use the partnumber (P/N) you gave for the cap:

025 121 321A

Yields no items found. Van Cafe uses a period instead of the space:

025.121.321A

Go to www.GoWesty.com and you might discover they use dashes instead:

025-121-321A

Then jump over to www.busdepot.com and will find they don't use spaces or dashes or periods at all:

025121321A

That said, let's make the newbue's searching even easier by telling him the P/N again. I know it's been posted before but here it is anyway:

025.121.442A

The Stainless version has an SS suffix. I don't think it's made in Germany so pretty sure that stands for 'Stainless Steel.';-)

BenT

Sent from my original connectors 

On Jan 11, 2011, at 4:33 AM, Gullyraker@aol.com wrote:
Hi Damian,

The part you want is specific to Syncros, commonly called a "Christmas Tree". From other recent posts I think they are probably no longer available, but the good news is that stainless steel versions are available from VanCafe in the USA. These would probably be good insurance as the plastic ones are prone to failure.

www.van-cafe.com

Now is a good time to buy US parts because of the favourable exchange rate, but look out for the freight costs. I usually buy several small lightweight items to spread out the cost. Keep your purchase under AU$1,000  to avoid duty and import hassles.

The 'christmas tree' is the weak link in the chain when pressure builds up in the cooling system, so it's a good idea to replace the blue pressure cap on the coolant reservoir in the engine bay - p/n 025 121 321A - cheap insurance.

Have a look at the hose between the christmas tree and the cylinder head as it will probably need replacing too, and use only the recommended coolant. Tooley Imports at Waitara can supply these.

Don't forget to follow the recommended procedure when refilling the cooling system.

Cheers, Roger [Beetle Bayley].

Thanks Ben,
I'm still thinking about that exact issue
Damian

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Ben" <bencroft96@...> wrote:
>
> Gday Damian,welcome to our group,if you can still get the plastic one(christmas tree),I would recomend it over a stainless one.Although plenty of people worldwide have used stainless parts in their cooling systems,there is some debate that S/S does cause electrolysis in alloy cooling systems.Maybe if you use a S/S coolant distributor block,the next thing you will have is a leaking radiator.
>
> I know we have had this debate before,but I believe it is better to be sure,than sorry.
>
> --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "damiancobleyfinch" <damiancobleyfinch@> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for your help, sorry I was a bit abrupt but I didn't know the protocol
> > Damian
> >
> > --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Les Harris" <leslieharris@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Damian is a new member who hasn't introduced himself yet. He has an
> > > ex-Telecom van and lives in Balmain in NSW.
> > >
> > > Damian,
> > >
> > > Ken and Roger Bayley might be able to offer some useful information. You
> > > might find an illustrated pars list very useful and Phill Lander might be
> > > able to provide one.
> > >
> > > Les
> > >
> > > _____
> > >
> > > From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> > > [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of damiancobleyfinch
> > > Sent: 11 January 2011 13:11
> > > To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> > > Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Syncro cooling hose connector
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Does anyone know where I could get a cooling system part for a 1992 Syncro.
> > > It is a mutiple hose connection junction, made of plastic and no longer
> > > madein Germany.
> > > The part number is 251 121 442A it is placed about midway down the drivers
> > > side.
> > > I need one to keep enjoying my Syncro
> > > Thanks,
> > > Damian
> > >
> >
>
Thanks Ben and Roger,
On the Van Cafe site they do use connector/junction so I'll keep it simple.
Damian

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, BenT Syncro <syncro@...> wrote:
>
> Roger,
>
> It might be good to tell him the actual name of the part instead of how some have come to call it. Frankly, I have never heard it called a "Christmas tree" in my area. It would save confusion by identifying the part by the name the vendor has it listed by. In this case, I believe they call it a connector/junction.
>
> Please also note that different vendors will use the same part number yet format the digits in such a manner that makes searching their site using the competitors format can cause problems. For example, if you use the partnumber (P/N) you gave for the cap:
>
> 025 121 321A
>
> Yields no items found. Van Cafe uses a period instead of the space:
>
> 025.121.321A
>
> Go to www.GoWesty.com and you might discover they use dashes instead:
>
> 025-121-321A
>
> Then jump over to www.busdepot.com and will find they don't use spaces or dashes or periods at all:
>
> 025121321A
>
> That said, let's make the newbue's searching even easier by telling him the P/N again. I know it's been posted before but here it is anyway:
>
> 025.121.442A
>
> The Stainless version has an SS suffix. I don't think it's made in Germany so pretty sure that stands for 'Stainless Steel.';-)
>
>
> BenT
>
> Sent from my original connectors
>
> On Jan 11, 2011, at 4:33 AM, Gullyraker@... wrote:
> >
> > Hi Damian,
> >
> > The part you want is specific to Syncros, commonly called a "Christmas Tree". From other recent posts I think they are probably no longer available, but the good news is that stainless steel versions are available from VanCafe in the USA. These would probably be good insurance as the plastic ones are prone to failure.
> >
> > www.van-cafe.com
> >
> > Now is a good time to buy US parts because of the favourable exchange rate, but look out for the freight costs. I usually buy several small lightweight items to spread out the cost. Keep your purchase under AU$1,000 to avoid duty and import hassles.
> >
> > The 'christmas tree' is the weak link in the chain when pressure builds up in the cooling system, so it's a good idea to replace the blue pressure cap on the coolant reservoir in the engine bay - p/n 025 121 321A - cheap insurance.
> >
> > Have a look at the hose between the christmas tree and the cylinder head as it will probably need replacing too, and use only the recommended coolant. Tooley Imports at Waitara can supply these.
> >
> > Don't forget to follow the recommended procedure when refilling the cooling system.
> >
> > Cheers, Roger [Beetle Bayley].
> >
>