syncro on ebay

If anyone is trying to open this page, you will have to get rid of the looking.. part of it.  This was an accidental inclusion.  Once that is removed, Control + click gets you to the eBay page.

Les

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2009 8:40 PM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] syncro on ebay

It's pricey but here's the link for anyone looking..

http: //cgi.ebay. com.au/VW- Caravelle- Syncro-1990- Adelaide_ W0QQitemZ1803456 22337QQcmdZViewI temQQptZAU_ Cars?hash= item180345622337 &_trksid= p3286.c0. m14&_trkparms= 66%3A2%7C65% 3A1%7C39% 3A1%7C240% 3A1318

4 Litre motor?

> Les Harris <leslieharris@optushome.com.au> wrote:
>
> If anyone is trying to open this page, you will have to get rid of the
> looking.. part of it. This was an accidental inclusion. Once that is
> removed, Control + click gets you to the eBay page.
>
> Les
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Erik Hoflinger
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2009 8:40 PM
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] syncro on ebay
>
>
>
>
>
> It's pricey but here's the link for anyone looking..
>
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VW-Caravelle-Syncro-1990-Adelaide_W0QQitemZ1803456
> 22337QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cars?hash=item180345622337&_trksid=p3286.c0.m1
> 4&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
>
>
>
>
Phill,

See following email.

Les

Sent: Monday, April 13, 2009 12:34 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] syncro on ebay

4 Litre motor?

> Les Harris <leslieharris@ optushome. com.au> wrote:
>
> If anyone is trying to open this page, you will have to get rid of the
> looking.. part of it. This was an accidental inclusion. Once that is
> removed, Control + click gets you to the eBay page.
>
> Les
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Erik Hoflinger
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
> Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2009 8:40 PM
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] syncro on ebay
>
>
>
>
>
> It's pricey but here's the link for anyone looking..
>
>
> http://cgi.ebay. com.au/VW- Caravelle- Syncro-1990- Adelaide_ W0QQitemZ1803456
> 22337QQcmdZViewItem QQptZAU_Cars? hash=item1803456 22337&_trksid= p3286.c0. m1
> 4&_trkparms= 66%3A2%7C65% 3A1%7C39% 3A1%7C240% 3A1318
>
>
>
>

I viewed this Syncro very quickly about 3 years ago and had a couple of conversations with the owner a few months later. A South African friend was (at that stage) looking for a Syncro and I saw this at one of the VW mechanics yards (Edwardstown) in Adelaide.

The mechanice has looked after this van for much of its life and said it was in very good condition - I gave him my number in case the guy wanted to sell it.

He called me a few months later and then spoke to my mate a few times. He was a somewhat vague then and also wanted what we believed was too much for the van ($20K). The odometer was on 98000 kms then and had not been working for some time back then.

My guess is he'll be keeping it for a while longer!
If it sells for that kind of money I reckon my wife will have a for sale sign on ours and soon be visiting Adelaide to sign up for a T5 4motion!

Cheers,

Andy.
Andy,

Thanks for the update.  I haven't heard anything more from the vendor and, if it has an MV engine and without conclusive evidence regarding actual mileage to the contrary, see it as being very over priced.

Vagueness on the part of the vendor, which is all that Tony and I got from him, will work heavily against him.  He has changed the engine capacity from 4 litres to 2.1 litres but there are still no interior pics yet.  And I wouldn't believe that it has front and rear diff locks until I saw a picture of the diff lock control panel.

Les

Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 2:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] syncro on ebay

I viewed this Syncro very quickly about 3 years ago and had a couple of conversations with the owner a few months later. A South African friend was (at that stage) looking for a Syncro and I saw this at one of the VW mechanics yards (Edwardstown) in Adelaide.

The mechanice has looked after this van for much of its life and said it was in very good condition - I gave him my number in case the guy wanted to sell it.

He called me a few months later and then spoke to my mate a few times. He was a somewhat vague then and also wanted what we believed was too much for the van ($20K). The odometer was on 98000 kms then and had not been working for some time back then.

My guess is he'll be keeping it for a while longer!
If it sells for that kind of money I reckon my wife will have a for sale sign on ours and soon be visiting Adelaide to sign up for a T5 4motion!

Cheers,

Andy.