T5/6 Tristar Concept vehicle

Hi Hart and Syncro People,

If you have been good all year how about asking Santa for this: (apologies if I've missed a previous posting of this article)

Roger
Melbourne

Oh yummy!!~

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 17 December 2014 23:13
To: hartis@live.com.au; Syncro Aust Group
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] T5/6 Tristar Concept vehicle

If you have been good all year how about asking Santa for this: (apologies if I've missed a previous posting of this article)

Roger

Melbourne

Yes I like that!

On 17/12/2014 11:13 PM, Roger Bell bellrmit@yahoo.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia] wrote:

Roger
Melbourne

Come on Hart whilst I agree with your observations  at least it shows that VW haven't completely given up on an off road Transporter. Having ridden in yours however I do understand why you think it will take a lot to rediscover the Tristar holy grail. Nurture but enjoy yours and yourself.
Happy Christmas everyone.
Roger 

On Thursday, 18 December 2014, 10:17, Hartmut Kiehn <hartis@live.com.au> wrote:

Hi Roger, good to hear that have been tolerant all year !! Just pray that Santa will pass your place and will offload this beauty but useless beast somewhere else... I think I do know where it might end up but psssst , won't say.
Glad it will pass our place as well, have no time left to LIKE a cockpit (gender less ?) which resembles a Christmas Tree in full bloom, or a tray which is hard to get into, is too short for the kidz stuff when moving them out of the family home, and is even shorter if you take the spare along. Suppose most people will leave it in the garage. There are more shortcomings like the price but don't get me going.... I'm sure it will find happy city owners, DSG off-road ? Needs to be seen, our Polo DSG plays up when it's getting cool. 
What a shame they couldn't find a proper name for it. UNLIKE
Hartmut

Sent from my iPad

On 17 Dec 2014, at 11:13 pm, "Roger Bell" <bellrmit@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

Roger
Melbourne

Hi Roger, point taken! I now do love it or else I might loose the majority of my remaining friends on the site...when the time comes for a test drive here we will ask them to cross the Big Red in reverse ! 
Hart

Sent from my iPad

On 18 Dec 2014, at 6:16 pm, "Roger Bell bellrmit@yahoo.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Come on Hart whilst I agree with your observations  at least it shows that VW haven't completely given up on an off road Transporter. Having ridden in yours however I do understand why you think it will take a lot to rediscover the Tristar holy grail. Nurture but enjoy yours and yourself.
Roger 

Hi Roger, good to hear that have been tolerant all year !! Just pray that Santa will pass your place and will offload this beauty but useless beast somewhere else... I think I do know where it might end up but psssst , won't say.
Glad it will pass our place as well, have no time left to LIKE a cockpit (gender less ?) which resembles a Christmas Tree in full bloom, or a tray which is hard to get into, is too short for the kidz stuff when moving them out of the family home, and is even shorter if you take the spare along. Suppose most people will leave it in the garage. There are more shortcomings like the price but don't get me going.... I'm sure it will find happy city owners, DSG off-road ? Needs to be seen, our Polo DSG plays up when it's getting cool. 
Hartmut

Sent from my iPad

Roger
Melbourne

Yeah Hartmut's spot on. VW ever since late 1992, continues to lose the plot. 
At best, it's an impractical novelty but should do well for giggleheads at the annual VW Nationals Shine & Show.
Ken

To: hartis@live.com.au; syncro_t3_australia@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 07:16:47 +0000
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: T5/6 Tristar Concept vehicle

Roger 

Hartmut

Sent from my iPad

Roger
Melbourne

That isn’t quite as funny as it sounds. 

The T3 Syncro has a built-in advantage over the front engined versions and in that the engine is at the rear and over the primary driving wheels.  For the same reason, all earlier Kombis could negotiate a lot of terrain that would be impassable to front engine / rear drive vehicles..

Given the confluence of vehicle design over all platforms, it is unlikely that any manufacturer will ever again produce a rear engined vehicle; this will further contribute to the uniqueness of the T3 Syncro..

Sent from my electronic iHedge Trimmer

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 18 December 2014 21:33
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: T5/6 Tristar Concept vehicle

Hi Roger, point taken! I now do love it or else I might loose the majority of my remaining friends on the site...when the time comes for a test drive here we will ask them to cross the Big Red in reverse ! 

Hart
Sent from my iPad

I agree with what both Les and Ken have said.
My conscrn is with VW adding yet another list of complexities to their product.
Fun while working, because that which can go wrong will go wrong,
and VW has progressively made it so that fixes can only be done by a dealer,
and in my experience that can be excessive and expensive.

Oh, and what looks like low profile tyres on an off road vehicle ?????

--Original Message Text---
From: 'Les Harris' leslieharris@optusnet.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia]
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 08:27:56 +1100

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}

That isnt quite as funny as it sounds.

The T3 Syncro has a built-in advantage over the front engined versions and in that the engine is at the rear and over the primary driving wheels. For the same reason, all earlier Kombis could negotiate a lot of terrain that would be impassable to front engine / rear drive vehicles..

Given the confluence of vehicle design over all platforms, it is unlikely that any manufacturer will ever again produce a rear engined vehicle; this will further contribute to the uniqueness of the T3 Syncro..

Sent from my electronic iHedge Trimmer

Sent: 18 December 2014 21:33
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: T5/6 Tristar Concept vehicle

Hart
Sent from my iPad