Tail shaft sleeve bearing

Hi all,
Got a graphite sleeve bearing fromTreotham in NSW.
Reduced ting noise considerably

Details in attatchment

Regards

Philippe (Perth)

Thanks all for the replies.

Sounds like the best I can do is leave it as is and use until things wear out. As mentioned it runs fine with no play, I was just hoping to extend it's life with some fresh grease.

Strange on the tinging there from new, I don't remember it when I first bought the bus. I did a few thousand km before I started to remove it when not required. Was really only noticeable on this trip away.

Richard

I have the ting in 4wd when coming off the power or changing gears. Dismissed it as rarely have the de-coupler disengaged so good to know it was there since new.

Jon.

On 30 Oct 2016 9:19 PM, "cathrich1@yahoo.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Sounds like the best I can do is leave it as is and use until things wear out. As mentioned it runs fine with no play, I was just hoping to extend it's life with some fresh grease.

Strange on the tinging there from new, I don't remember it when I first bought the bus. I did a few thousand km before I started to remove it when not required. Was really only noticeable on this trip away.

Richard

Pack it with grease and you will probably only notice it reversing. Gregor 

Sent from Greg's iPhone

On 30 Oct 2016, at 9:19 PM, cathrich1@yahoo.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia] <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Richard

Also replace the oring to keep the grease in. Gregor 

Sent from Greg's iPhone

On 31 Oct 2016, at 8:37 AM, gregespo73@yahoo.com [Syncro_T3_Australia] <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Pack it with grease and you will probably only notice it reversing. Gregor 

Sent from Greg's iPhone

On 30 Oct 2016, at 9:19 PM, cathrich1@yahoo.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia] <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Richard