Tasmania Trip

Hi all,
We have just booked our Tasmania trip on 13.03.12 with a sick Syncro.
We only hope we don't have to send out an SOS.
After five months, the after market ECU is still not working properly
and may never will but, I need some time off.
Tomorrow I will fit the new 15" MEFRO wheels with new tyres, no more
garage parking.
Thanks to Roger and Ken for all the information, we might end up in
some of the places. We just follow our nose.
Thanks also to David Beckley for his camper-van lay out. Keeps the
marital peace.
Hi Theo,
Trust the trip goes well -its usually a good time  to be in Tassie.Hope it wets your appetite for a group visit in Nov or early next year. Let us know what turns out to be a "must do".
Seems like you will miss our Edinborough Gardens get together. Is that still a goer?
Sorry been a bit distracted - lost both my parents a few days apart week before last.They were 98 and 96 still sparking on all 4 'til the end. Married over 72 years.
Talking of struggles -see the following to find out what would win if you  strapped together the tow bars of a Syncro T3 and T4 and had a tug of war in a muddy paddock.

Cheers
Roger

--- On Sun, 11/3/12, Theo Weiss <teows@melbpc.org.au> wrote:

Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Tasmania Trip
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Received: Sunday, 11 March, 2012, 7:18 PM

Hi all,
garage parking.
marital peace.

Hi Roger,

I'm sorry for your loss. Wow, 72 years of marriage and both living to such a ripe old age. That is quite remarkable.

I apologise that I dropped the bundle re the Edinburgh Gardens get-together - got distracted by my studies recommencing (caught you out the front of your house the other day on my way to uni). Are people still interested in this?

I gather that the timing isn't ideal for you, Sebastian. We'd love to see you there even briefly, but if not there'll be other opportunities to meet people in the near future, I'm sure. Perhaps I should send out a reminder under a new subject heading? All welcome.

Regards,

Francesca.

On 11 March 2012 23:38, Roger Bell <bellrmit@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

Hi Theo,
Trust the trip goes well -its usually a good time to be in Tassie.Hope it wets your appetite for a group visit in Nov or early next year. Let us know what turns out to be a "must do".
Seems like you will miss our Edinborough Gardens get together. Is that still a goer?
Sorry been a bit distracted - lost both my parents a few days apart week before last.They were 98 and 96 still sparking on all 4 'til the end. Married over 72 years.
Talking of struggles -see the following to find out what would win if you strapped together the tow bars of a Syncro T3 and T4 and had a tug of war in a muddy paddock.
Cheers
Roger

Hi all,
garage parking.
marital peace.

Hi Roger,

Our deepest Sympathy for the loss of your parents. It is great that they had a good long life together.
It must still have been a shock when it happened.
Sorry, we will be missing the Edinborough Gardens get together if it is held in March - early April.

Cheers,
Theo

At 11:38 PM 11/03/2012, you wrote:

Hi Theo,
Trust the trip goes well -its usually a good time  to be in Tassie.Hope it wets your appetite for a group visit in Nov or early next year. Let us know what turns out to be a "must do".
Talking of struggles -see the following to find out what would win if you  strapped together the tow bars of a Syncro T3 and T4 and had a tug of war in a muddy paddock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGNcBGt-vrM&feature=related

Cheers
Roger

Hi all,
garage parking.
marital peace.

Roger,

What a wonderful innings for both of them; they are to be applauded and celebrated.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Roger Bell
Sent: 11 March 2012 23:38
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Tassie Trip, Fitzroy get together,T3 vT4

Sorry been a bit distracted - lost both my parents a few days apart week before last.They were 98 and 96 still sparking on all 4 'til the end. Married over 72 years..

So sorry for your loss Roger. What an amazing amount of time for two people to be together. Fabulous. Greg

Sent: Monday, 12 March 2012 5:02 PM
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Tassie Trip, Fitzroy get together,T3 vT4

Roger,
What a wonderful innings for both of them; they are to be applauded and celebrated.
Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Roger Bell

Sorry been a bit distracted - lost both my parents a few days apart week before last.They were 98 and 96 still sparking on all 4 'til the end. Married over 72 years..

Thanks all of you for your kind words. Obviously a blow to my family but it all went about as well as such a sad event can be.Not many people have both their parents for almost 70 years. That's what you call a long lived viscous coupling.
Hope to catch up on the 25th at Edinborough Gardens when Tasmania will be on the agenda.
Cheers
Roger

--- On Mon, 12/3/12, greg esposito <gregespo73@yahoo.com> wrote:

To: "Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
Received: Monday, 12 March, 2012, 4:04 PM

So sorry for your loss Roger. What an amazing amount of time for two people to be together. Fabulous. Greg

Roger,
Les

They must have loved each other so much that it made them want to live.

bob

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of greg esposito
Sent: Monday, 12 March 2012 7:05 PM

Roger,

Les

Roger- very sorry for your loss - you mentioned your parents fondly on the occasions I've stayed with you and Heather. 72 years is just amazing amazing - 3/4 of their lives spent together. I'm not sure even our Syncros would make it to 98 and 96, as well built as they are.

Mark and Deb.

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 10:55 PM, Roger Bell <bellrmit@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

Thanks all of you for your kind words. Obviously a blow to my family but it all went about as well as such a sad event can be.Not many people have both their parents for almost 70 years. That's what you call a long lived viscous coupling.
Hope to catch up on the 25th at Edinborough Gardens when Tasmania will be on the agenda.
Cheers
Roger

Roger,
Les

Thanks Mark & Deb.

--- On Wed, 14/3/12, Mark Kofahl <markkofahl@gmail.com> wrote:

Received: Wednesday, 14 March, 2012, 5:56 PM

Roger- very sorry for your loss - you mentioned your parents fondly on the occasions  I've stayed with you and Heather. 72 years is just amazing amazing - 3/4 of their lives spent together. I'm not sure even our Syncros would make it to 98 and 96, as well built as they are.

Mark and Deb.

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 10:55 PM, Roger Bell <bellrmit@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

Thanks all of you for your kind words. Obviously a blow to my family but it all went about as well as such a sad event can be.Not many people have both their parents for almost 70 years. That's what you call a long lived viscous coupling.
Cheers
Roger

Roger,
Les