Unknown Part

Can anyone out there enlighten me on what the gadget is in these photos does. Does anyone else have this? I always wondered about the plug attached to the alternator but now I have removed the throttle to see what is wrong with it, the other end is now visible where it goes into the gearbox? Any advice appreciated. Peter from Port

Peter it is the old diagnostics port. The test equipment that used this left dealerships decades ago. Some cut the wire off, I like to leave them for nostalgia. Gregor

From: "peter@coeconsult.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, 23 November 2015, 11:16
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Unknown Part [2 Attachments]

Can anyone out there enlighten me on what the gadget is in these photos does. Does anyone else have this? I always wondered about the plug attached to the alternator but now I have removed the throttle to see what is wrong with it, the other end is now visible where it goes into the gearbox? Any advice appreciated. Peter from Port

Aha. Thanks Greg. I will now stop thinking about that and get back to my throttle issues. Have it on the bench at the moment. Look at this photo of the barrel? Big idle screw is all the way in. It was having no effect on the idle at all. Cheers, Peter

Throttle.jpg

Is the micro swtich making contact at idle ?
I have seen hundreds that were not after many miles.

very important that it does.
Scott

On 11/22/2015 3:31 PM, 'Peter Coe' peter@coeconsult.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia] wrote:

Aha. Thanks Greg. I will now stop thinking about that and get back to my throttle issues. Have it on the bench at the moment. Look at this photo of the barrel? Big idle screw is all the way in. It was having no effect on the idle at all. Cheers, Peter

Throttle.jpg

The idle air bypass will typically have no effect when there is a vacuum leak. Gregor

From: "'SDF ( aka ;jim lahey' - Scott ) ' ScottDaniel@turbovans.com [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, 23 November 2015, 15:39
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Unknown Part

Is the micro swtich making contact at idle ?
I have seen hundreds that were not after many miles.

very important that it does.
Scott

On 11/22/2015 3:31 PM, 'Peter Coe' peter@coeconsult.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia] wrote:

Throttle.jpg

Yes, the idle switch is working exactly as it should. Also tested as per Bentley and got the right result as well as the audible clicks. I think it’s just drawing air through the worn barrel. Have ordered a new throttle from GoWesty and it’s on its way. Will do an update when I install.  I am taking the van down to my old home State of Tassie for 4 weeks, leaving Port Mac on 9 December so hope to have it running like clockwork by then. Peter

Thanks Scott. I checked out the micro switch on the throttle using both the Bentley process with my multimeter and also with my ears to hear the clicks. When I reinstalled the throttle as a temporary measure until my new one arrives I got a friend to operate the gas pedal and its all working fine. I hope that when I put in a replacement throttle and don’t get all that air leaking through the barrel, all will be OK.

Cheers, Peter from Port

Hi .
as you may know there is an electro-pneumatic throttle switch available ..
What a great idea ......bypassing the limitations of reading from a mechanical device ..the throttle body and throttle plate..
to making contact based on air pressure/vacuuum.

On 11/27/2015 1:28 PM, 'Peter Coe' peter@coeconsult.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia] wrote:

Thanks Scott. I checked out the micro switch on the throttle using both the Bentley process with my multimeter and also with my ears to hear the clicks. When I reinstalled the throttle as a temporary measure until my new one arrives I got a friend to operate the gas pedal and its all working fine. I hope that when I put in a replacement throttle and don’t get all that air leaking through the barrel, all will be OK.

Cheers, Peter from Port

Hi Scott,
Interesting. Expensive?
Got a webpage link for a source that ships overseas?
Cheers.
Ken

-------- Original message --------
From: "'SDF ( aka ;jim lahey' - Scott ) ' ScottDaniel@turbovans.com [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 30/11/2015 6:34 PM (GMT+10:00)
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Throttle

Hi .
as you may know there is an electro-pneumatic throttle switch available ..
What a great idea ......bypassing the limitations of reading from a mechanical device ..the throttle body and throttle plate..
to making contact based on air pressure/vacuuum.

On 11/27/2015 1:28 PM, 'Peter Coe' peter@coeconsult.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia] wrote:

Cheers, Peter from Port

I have one from GoWesty that is now for sale as I have received a new throttle body from GoWesty. It has not been used as it was pointless given how bad my throttle was. It’s very simple to install. Hart put one in the Tristar. Peter from Port

Happy with that thing, easy to fit, about 12mins. and not expensive. hart

On 30 Nov 2015, at 8:24 pm, 'Peter Coe' peter@coeconsult.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia] <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I have one from GoWesty that is now for sale as I have received a new throttle body from GoWesty. It has not been used as it was pointless given how bad my throttle was. It’s very simple to install. Hart put one in the Tristar. Peter from Port