Vaccuum system

From memory the 3 plastic spheres are part of the vacuum system for difflocks ? Just near and joined to it is this little valve on a t piece. Mine's vibrating and making a strange noise . Does anybody know this symptom and how to clean / replace ?

Weird things happen to Syncros.

Mark
Its a one way valve to maintain vacuum in the resevoir. If its noisy its not holding vacuum. Is your diff lock slow to engage/disengage? Probably . Replace it. Bill
Cheers Bill.
Looked in Bentley but must have early onset Alzheimers.

Mark
Hi Mark,
Maybe the same symptoms as on mine? For example, run the motor for a bit till the vacuum bottle is full then turn off the motor so you can hear better what's occurring. Then each time you pull out or push in a decoupler/difflock dash switch, you hear a few seconds duration sound coming from under the van, in my case its happening at the one way vacuum valve. This continues at each pull/push of the dash switch until the vacuum bottle runs out of vacuum. I've already tried replacing the valve a few times but to no avail. It hasn't always done this so issue remains in the unsolved mystery category. Clues anyone? TIY.
Cheers.
Ken

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 02:39:26 -0700
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Vaccuum system [1 Attachment]

From memory the 3 plastic spheres are part of the vacuum system for difflocks ? Just near and joined to it is this little valve on a t piece. Mine's vibrating and making a strange noise . Does anybody know this symptom and how to clean / replace ?

Mark
What I did with mine might work or not.. took it out cleaned it inside out with Marseille Soap and water . Has stopped making its presents known for a yr or so.
Hartmut

Sent from my WalkingStick!

On 01/07/2015, at 8:00 PM, "Ken Garratt unclekenz@hotmail.com [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi Mark,
Maybe the same symptoms as on mine? For example, run the motor for a bit till the vacuum bottle is full then turn off the motor so you can hear better what's occurring. Then each time you pull out or push in a decoupler/difflock dash switch, you hear a few seconds duration sound coming from under the van, in my case its happening at the one way vacuum valve. This continues at each pull/push of the dash switch until the vacuum bottle runs out of vacuum. I've already tried replacing the valve a few times but to no avail. It hasn't always done this so issue remains in the unsolved mystery category. Clues anyone? TIY.
Cheers.
Ken

Mark

Thanks Hartmut, I'll give your suggestion a try......... might get lucky!
Cheers.
Ken

Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 20:52:08 +1000
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Vaccuum system

What I did with mine might work or not.. took it out cleaned it inside out with Marseille Soap and water . Has stopped making its presents known for a yr or so.
Hartmut

On 01/07/2015, at 8:00 PM, "Ken Garratt unclekenz@hotmail.com [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi Mark,
Cheers.
Ken

Mark

I better buy you one from the Krauts

On 03/07/2015, at 11:21 PM, "Ken Garratt unclekenz@hotmail.com [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Thanks Hartmut, I'll give your suggestion a try......... might get lucky!
Cheers.
Ken

Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 20:52:08 +1000
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Vaccuum system

Hartmut

Hi Mark,
Cheers.
Ken

Mark