VW Magazine

All thanks to "Jacko" for the article, "Outback Valla", in the latest VW Mag.

Nice picture of Roger's Syncro. He will be able to use it in the advert when he puts it up for sale. "Never driven on the beach......."

And taking about Roger, your New T5 can't be too far away now?

Bruce CQ
Thanks for the heads up Bruce.

Must get myself a copy of this quality reading apparatus!

Cheers,

Skot

On 29/10/2012 4:16 PM, Alison & Bruce Black wrote:

Nice picture of Roger's Syncro. He will be able to use it in the advert when he puts it up for sale. "Never driven on the beach......."

Bruce CQ

Funny you should say that Bruce. Arrived home tonight from Sydney with it having stopped in Wodonga to get its Victorian registration. Am attaching a few photos. Would you believe I was going through Holbrook and there was this Oberon class submarine crossing the road! Thought the picture of the T5 ticking over at 1600 revs at 97 kph was interesting with the instrument panel showing it is in 7th gear of the DSG gearbox. Was able to call on Mark on the way down and try and make Max discontent with his Dad's T3 but he is too discerning. (Thanks for the lovely meal to nourish me on my way Mark and Debbie).

I'll have to look out for the article in the latest VW Mag of the little old bloke taking his T3 on the short cut to Church. Thanks for pointing me to it.

You'll have to have a drive next time we meet.
Cheers
Roger
Melbourne

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, 29 October 2012 4:16 PM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] VW Magazine

Bruce CQ
Congrats Roger. Nice colour. Ice cold aircon, no brake down worries, power and fuel economy, think I am turning green! One thing I must pick you up on though. I thought you would have learnt not to film and drive  by now! Well done mate. Greg E

To: "Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 31 October 2012 12:56 AM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] VW Magazine & New T5

Funny you should say that Bruce. Arrived home tonight from Sydney with it having stopped in Wodonga to get its Victorian registration. Am attaching a few photos. Would you believe I was going through Holbrook and there was this Oberon class submarine crossing the road! Thought the picture of the T5 ticking over at 1600 revs at 97 kph was interesting with the instrument panel showing it is in 7th gear of the DSG gearbox. Was able to call on Mark on the way down and try and make Max discontent with his Dad's T3 but he is too discerning. (Thanks for the lovely meal to nourish me on my way Mark and Debbie).

I'll have to look out for the article in the latest VW Mag of the little old bloke taking his T3 on the short cut to Church. Thanks for pointing me to it.

Cheers
Roger
Melbourne

All thanks to "Jacko" for the article, "Outback Valla", in the latest VW Mag. Nice picture of Roger's Syncro. He will be able to use it in the advert when he puts it up for sale. "Never driven on the beach......." And taking about Roger, your New T5 can't be too far away now? Bruce CQ
Roger
Very Nice......... When you hadn't replied to that post, I did wonder if you were in Sydney handing over the money.

1600 revs at 97 kph while mine is 3000 at the same speed!! No wonder it is showing the consumption at 8.8 LPH.

I trust you get many years of happy camping out of it.

Bruce CQ

PS Won't be any photos with this one like the one in the Mag with the T3........

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:56 PM, Roger Bell <bellrmit@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

Funny you should say that Bruce. Arrived home tonight from Sydney with it having stopped in Wodonga to get its Victorian registration. Am attaching a few photos. Would you believe I was going through Holbrook and there was this Oberon class submarine crossing the road! Thought the picture of the T5 ticking over at 1600 revs at 97 kph was interesting with the instrument panel showing it is in 7th gear of the DSG gearbox. Was able to call on Mark on the way down and try and make Max discontent with his Dad's T3 but he is too discerning. (Thanks for the lovely meal to nourish me on my way Mark and Debbie).
Cheers
Roger
Melbourne

Bruce CQ

WOW....mine does 4000 rpm at 100kmh.....runs out of legs pretty quick after that!!!

Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:26 AM

Roger
          Very Nice......... When you hadn't replied to that post, I did wonder if you were in Sydney handing over the money.

1600 revs at 97 kph while mine is 3000 at the same speed!! No wonder it is showing the consumption at 8.8 LPH.

Bruce CQ

PS Won't be any photos with this one like the one in the Mag with the T3........

Funny you should say that Bruce. Arrived home tonight from Sydney with it having stopped in Wodonga to get its Victorian registration. Am attaching a few photos. Would you believe I was going through Holbrook and there was this Oberon class submarine crossing the road! Thought the picture of the T5 ticking over at 1600 revs at 97 kph was interesting with the instrument panel showing it is in 7th gear of the DSG gearbox. Was able to call on Mark on the way down and try and make Max discontent with his Dad's T3 but he is too discerning. (Thanks for the lovely meal to nourish me on my way Mark and Debbie).

Cheers
Roger
Melbourne

Bruce CQ

Michael
Mine is a diesel thought, 1.9 TDI, hasn't got much go.

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Michael Hutchinson <subimanx@dodo.com.au> wrote:

WOW....mine does 4000 rpm at 100kmh.....runs out of legs pretty quick after that!!!
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:26 AM

Roger

Bruce CQ

Cheers
Roger
Melbourne

Bruce CQ

Yes thanks to Glenn & Neil to make it all happen, great pictures it's nice to be able to recognise people and individual syncro's.

Cheers,
Theo & Christine

At 04:16 PM 29/10/2012, you wrote:

All thanks to "Jacko" for the article "Outback Valla" in the latest VW Mag.

And talking about Roger, your New T5 can't be too far away now?

Bruce CQ

I will echo Theo's comments.

It was a great weekend - thanks to Jacko for the pics and story and to Bill & Marg for organising what should be a bi-annual event!

Cheers,

Skot

On 4/11/2012 3:43 PM, Theo Weiss wrote:

Yes thanks to Glenn & Neil to make it all happen, great pictures it's nice to be able to recognise people and individual syncro's.

Cheers,
Theo & Christine

At 04:16 PM 29/10/2012, you wrote:

All thanks to "Jacko" for the article "Outback Valla" in the latest VW Mag.

And talking about Roger, your New T5 can't be too far away now?

Bruce CQ