Water pump om way out

Hi Iam in shepperdon in victoria and think my water pump is on the way out does any one know a mechanic in the area or a parts supplier in the area.

Cheers Phil

Phil,

The closest place would be Volkwerke in Greensborough.  They are a very long established VW workshop and keep new and used spares. 

Lloyd Davies, 9435 1868

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Phil Lee
Sent: 23 August 2010 11:28
To: Syncro Aust
Subject: [ Syncro_T3_Australia ] Water pump on way out

Hi I’m in Sheparton in Victoria and think my water pump is on the way out does any one know a mechanic in the area or a parts supplier in the area.

Cheers Phil

,___

that's one part that should be in the van's parts stash for any longish trips,
unless you know it's pretty fresh.
they last roughly 70,000 miles on a 2.1 waterboxer engine.

I have been adding a bit of machinist's cutting oil , a water soluble oil. o T3's and all kinds of cars for over 20 years. Makes an excellent rust inhibitor and water pump lube. I wouldn't dream of running only anti-frz and water.    Maybe a cup full in the whole van. Makes the coolant look milky. I think it helps extend water pump life, and it sure doesn't hurt anything ...we need all the corrosion protection we can get in these machines.
Scott

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2010 6:49 PM
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Water pump on way out

Phil,

The closest place would be Volkwerke in Greensborough.  They are a very long established VW workshop and keep new and used spares. 

Lloyd Davies, 9435 1868

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Phil Lee

Hi I’m in Sheparton in Victoria and think my water pump is on the way out does any one know a mechanic in the area or a parts supplier in the area.

Cheers Phil

,___

thanks Les, Have 2 on the way  hopfully one might turn up today and can be on the road by
tonight.

Cheers Phil
--- On Mon, 23/8/10, Les Harris <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Water pump on way out
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Received: Monday, 23 August, 2010, 1:49 AM

Phil,

Lloyd Davies, 9435 1868

Les

Cheers Phil

,___