West Coast Member

Hi all,
I joined this group a while back now but haven't been very active within the group. I live in Perth and own a 1989 Syncro with a Trakka conversion. We have had it for approximately 18 months now. It's in pretty good shape and myself and my wife use it regularly for camping and some offroad/beach driving. I also use it as a daily commuter. We go with a regular group for camping trips and have ventured out on our own as well. We've done some of the northwest as well as the Holland Track to Kalgoorlie. We haven't run across another Syncro while camping so far. If there are other owners in the Perth area who also do some camping drop me a line and we can arrange to meet. One of the guys we travel with is also interested in locating a syncro/camper to purchase. Drop a line if you're interested. Sincerely, Harold Clarke
Hi Harold

Sounds like the Syncro Trakka gets some good use! Do you have a few photos of your adventures?

Regards
Mark.

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 2:43 PM, haroldclarke@rocketmail.com <oznewf@iinet.net.au> wrote:

Hi all,
I joined this group a while back now but haven't been very active within the group. I live in Perth and own a 1989 Syncro with a Trakka conversion. We have had it for approximately 18 months now. It's in pretty good shape and myself and my wife use it regularly for camping and some offroad/beach driving. I also use it as a daily commuter. We go with a regular group for camping trips and have ventured out on our own as well. We've done some of the northwest as well as the Holland Track to Kalgoorlie. We haven't run across another Syncro while camping so far. If there are other owners in the Perth area who also do some camping drop me a line and we can arrange to meet. One of the guys we travel with is also interested in locating a syncro/camper to purchase. Drop a line if you're interested. Sincerely, Harold Clarke

G'day Harold,

Must be an awesome place to own a syncro over on the west coast. Did you ever drive the beach track from exmouth to sharkbay through the ningaloo national park? Have always wanted to do that but the t2 wouldn't make it through the estury crossing. Would also be keen on seeing some photos. Hope your mate finds what he's looking for there's been a few syncro's popping up for sale of late. cheers,erik

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, Mark Kofahl <markkofahl@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Harold
>
> Sounds like the Syncro Trakka gets some good use! Do you have a few photos
> of your adventures?
>
> Regards
> Mark.
>
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 2:43 PM, haroldclarke@... <
> oznewf@...> wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > Hi all,
> > I joined this group a while back now but haven't been very active within
> > the group. I live in Perth and own a 1989 Syncro with a Trakka conversion.
> > We have had it for approximately 18 months now. It's in pretty good shape
> > and myself and my wife use it regularly for camping and some offroad/beach
> > driving. I also use it as a daily commuter. We go with a regular group for
> > camping trips and have ventured out on our own as well. We've done some of
> > the northwest as well as the Holland Track to Kalgoorlie. We haven't run
> > across another Syncro while camping so far. If there are other owners in the
> > Perth area who also do some camping drop me a line and we can arrange to
> > meet. One of the guys we travel with is also interested in locating a
> > syncro/camper to purchase. Drop a line if you're interested. Sincerely,
> > Harold Clarke
> >
> >
> >
>
hey harold! i've got 2 syncro's, a 14 and a 16, the 16 should be here in the next 2 weeks, i'm in forrestfeild perth WA. go to alfreds in guildford 1st weds of the month (next 7/10/09) i'll have both at WA's day of the VW 6/12/09 at the geo edwards park (opp burswood), and i'm planning a road trip across the nullabor then up to aires rock then the kalgoorly then back to perth about 7500km's, not set a time yet but i'm keen!!
see you soon! jon

--- On Wed, 30/9/09, haroldclarke@rocketmail.com <oznewf@iinet.net.au> wrote:

Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] West Coast Member
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Received: Wednesday, 30 September, 2009, 2:43 PM

Hi all,

Get more done like never before with Yahoo!7 Mail. Learn more.

Finally they have arrived. I can’t tell if they are the originals or Swedes, so I ‘ll  bring them to Old Bar and maybe someone can identify them. And please refrain from asking how much the bureaucrats at Sydney Harbour  charged me to take them home,   I really copped it and won’t get any Chrissie  presents for the next 3 years.......

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jon hornby
Sent: Wednesday, 30 September 2009 9:00 PM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] West Coast Member

hey harold! i've got 2 syncro's, a 14 and a 16, the 16 should be here in the next 2 weeks, i'm in forrestfeild perth WA. go to alfreds in guildford 1st weds of the month (next 7/10/09) i'll have both at WA's day of the VW 6/12/09 at the geo edwards park (opp burswood), and i'm planning a road trip across the nullabor then up to aires rock then the kalgoorly then back to perth about 7500km's, not set a time yet but i'm keen!!

see you soon! jon

--- On Wed, 30/9/09, haroldclarke@rocketmail.com <oznewf@iinet.net.au> wrote:

Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] West Coast Member
Received: Wednesday, 30 September, 2009, 2:43 PM

Hi all,

Hi all,

Hi Harold,
I've only seen syncros in the 'burbs of Perth. I've taken my old tank places that just confused Japanese 4wd's I had. And then slept there after having a cold beer.
Here's a few photos of Yeagarup dunes. The only place that nearly stopped me so far.
Mark

Hi Again,
I sent a few pictures to the group so I hope they get thru. Harold
Hi,
We did the Coral Bay to the homestead last year and then came down from Exmouth to the estuary as well. It was full flood and no way was I game to try it and didn't want to wait for low tide. Your right though this is a great state for a Syncro. Harold
Gday Harold,
Welcome aboard.
Too bad you didn't earlier meet up with Yurik from Perth. Maybe you could have joined with him in an adventure of a lifetime.
He recently reported on a trip he's just completed as follows:

Cheers.

Ken

Attachment(s) from Yurik Orlowsky included below]

I have recently returned from a 14000 km trip into central Australia. This comprised of crossing the Simpson Desert W to E, exploring Lake Eyre, going north into Queensland and finding an amazing pelican rookery, further north to Katherine, Kakadu Nat Pk, Darwin then across the top to WA, the Gibb River Rd and then south back to home at Perth. I can report that the Syncro didn’t miss a beat and proved to be so capable in some amazing terrain. The highlight, from a driver’s point of view, was the Simpson Desert crossing.  This started at Oodnadatta where we filled up with fuel – the recommended quantity is 150L for the 600km crossing – my syncro has a 2nd tank which gives me a total of 160L. I actually used about 130L on reaching Birdsville as most of the crossing was in 1st and 2nd gear. The actual sandy desert starts at Dalhousie Springs where we deflated tyres down to about 20psi which needed to go down to 17psi as the sand, we discovered at the first few dunes, was very dry and powdery. My syncro has both diff locks but I used the rear diff lock only on most sand dunes as the track often skirted the slopes at an angle at the tops and this prevented spin on the inner higher radius wheel. At Big Red I deflated to 10 psi and managed to climb it at the first attempt. My friends in a Toyota HiLux couldn’t make it and had to take the Little Red track to get through! Success often can be attributed to having correct deflation pressures, sufficient momentum and choice of track. The Simpson is really “Syncro country” – red sand wilderness, bright blue skies and vivid stars set against dark ink nights. Five days of challenging adventure and comradeship around campfires in the desert. If you ever have the opportunity to do this trip, do take it. Perhaps a group Syncro trip in the making. The following YouTube clips are samples of the Simpson crossing.   If you are interested in other photos of the trip I can post them on our Yahoo site.  http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=i_e7VyrDgYE     

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=rES73E8OaQo    

Yurik

Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 10:09:02 +0000
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: West Coast Member

Hi,
We did the Coral Bay to the homestead last year and then came down from Exmouth to the estuary as well. It was full flood and no way was I game to try it and didn't want to wait for low tide. Your right though this is a great state for a Syncro. Harold

Click here to find out more POP access for Hotmail is here!
Hello
        I did that drive down over Yardie  Ck in 2002, no water in sight, but what a wonderful drive. Camped a couple of nights on Ningaloo Station, just beautiful.

Bruce

On 01/10/2009, at 8:09 PM, haroldclarke@rocketmail.com wrote:

Hi,

Great photos Harold.

I am very jealous and want to get out there and do the same as soon as I can.

There are many tracks around OZ that I am very keen to do but since having my own business, a mortgage and kids - haven't had a chance to do.

Ah well - at least we all have the vehicle to do it in.

Cheers,

Scott

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 8:06 PM

Hi Again,
I sent a few pictures to the group so I hope they get thru. Harold

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.409 / Virus Database: 270.14.0/2406 - Release Date: 09/30/09 18:56:00
Exmouth has to be one of my favourite places (so far) in W.A. Such a beautiful place to snorkel and dive and love its isolation.I heard recovery at Yardie creek can be very expensive and have heard many 4x4s get stuck trying to cross this section. I did meet a couple traveling in a syncro whilst I was in exmouth in 2007. Told me they bought theirs from someone in perth who apparently had a collection of syncro's!

Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 21:29:57 +1000
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: West Coast Member

Hello
        I did that drive down over Yardie  Ck in 2002, no water in sight, but what a wonderful drive. Camped a couple of nights on Ningaloo Station, just beautiful.

Bruce

On 01/10/2009, at 8:09 PM, haroldclarke@ rocketmail. com wrote:

Hi,

Click here to find out more POP access for Hotmail is here!
Hi Jon,
Is Alfred's a pub/restaurant? We may drop out on Wednesday. We're in Kingsley. Should I look for a Syncro in the parking lot? What time are you there? Harold
harold,alfreds is an out door kitchen, its famous for its ham n pea soup, but they do burgers etc, its a real nice place next to the railway line. my syncro will be in the parking lot, there are a usual turn out of about 10 splittys couple of bugs and type3's, its the monthly meet for the noh2o guys, (water cooled is ok) people start meeting from about 6;30pm leave when you feel like, i usually rock up about 7pm..
i'll get an address for you, join the noh2o forum for more info. its fun!
cheers jon

--- On Sat, 3/10/09, haroldclarke@rocketmail.com <oznewf@iinet.net.au> wrote:

Received: Saturday, 3 October, 2009, 10:31 AM

Hi Jon,
Is Alfred's a pub/restaurant? We may drop out on Wednesday. We're in Kingsley. Should I look for a Syncro in the parking lot? What time are you there? Harold

Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.yahoo.com