15" Mefro Rims Wanted

Hi All,

Before I go and buy five brand new 15 x 6" Mefro rims, has anybody got any used ones they want to sell?

Cheers,

Norbert.

Not sure of there are economies of scale, but I was thinking of doing the same, so if you buy from O/s let me know as It may be cheaper en masses? I am in vic though. 
On a similar note, anyone know whether a set of merc 16" x6 penta alloys would be suitable as I have been offered some. Et 35.

Sent from my iPhone

On 23 May 2014, at 12:41 pm, "norbert.schlick@yahoo.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi All,

Before I go and buy five brand new 15 x 6" Mefro rims, has anybody got any used ones they want to sell?

Cheers,

Norbert.

Group buys of wheels have been done several times before, with good savings achieved.

Post to the group to get details.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 23 May 2014 13:24
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] 15" Mefro Rims Wanted

Not sure of there are economies of scale, but I was thinking of doing the same, so if you buy from O/s let me know as It may be cheaper en masses? I am in vic though. 

On a similar note, anyone know whether a set of merc 16" x6 penta alloys would be suitable as I have been offered some. Et 35.

I have 6 of them, am in Sydney though. Give me a call if you'r interested.
0478 123 744

Jens

Sent from my iPhone
Hi Jens,

Yes I am very interested in your 6 rims.

Are they the heavy duty ones specifically for the T25 or are they the Mercedes Benz ones?

Do you have the wheel bolts as well?

Cheers,

Norbert.
Hi,
they are the merc ones. Not the nice Fefro ones.

J
Thanks Jens. I am after the Heavy duty Ones.

Norbert.
Hi,

I have priced them through VW Heritage. For 5 wheels including freight from UK to my door is $800.
I asked them about buying 10 as my brother is also interested. They were very unhelpful ie no response.

Who were the previous group buys from and what cost including shipping were you able to get the per wheel price down to?

Cheers,

Norbert.
Hi Norbert,

I organised a group buy of Mefro rims about four years ago via this forum. We dealt with Syncro Services in Germany. I haven't got the precise figures to hand, but from memory a set of 5 plus fixtures was around $620 including shipping, GST (as the total purchase price was over $1000) and customs brokerage. However, you would have to allow for a fluctuation in exchange rates since then. Syncro Services was extremely efficient and helpful, and shopped around to get the best possible deal on shipping (think this around 400 euros for 5 sets of 5 rims, including insurance). Someone else on this forum recently asked me for information about organising a group buy of Mefros. I am not sure whether they went ahead, but if they are following this discussion they just might pipe up.

Francesca Coles.
Hi Frencesca,

Thanks for the tip.

I have found Syncro Services on the web and have sent them an email.

They don't seem to list the Mefro's on their website but do mention hub caps for them.

To get the group buy deal last time did all wheels have to be shipped to a single address to be distributed here or were they happy to ship to a number of addresses?

I live in Brisbane, my brother (also interested) lives in Tasmania and somebody else interested on the forum said they were in Sydney or Melbourne.

Cheers,

Norb.
Hi Norbert,

Jon coordinated the last lot, I took delivery and the boys each picked up their own set from my place.
There were six sets.

The shipping costs are greatly defrayed if they are shipped here as a single lot, a pallet load.

In retrospect, it would not be easy to break them up in one place here in Oz and ship them to multiple locations across the Country.

The problem is packaging in such a way as to protect them and yet keep them in a single package .

I'm glad we didn't try to do it.

Hope this helps.
Peter

--Original Message Text---
Date: 24 May 2014 22:27:41 -0700

Hi Frencesca,

Thanks for the tip.

They don't seem to list the Mefro's on their website but do mention hub caps for them.

To get the group buy deal last time did all wheels have to be shipped to a single address to be distributed here or were they happy to ship to a number of addresses?

I live in Brisbane, my brother (also interested) lives in Tasmania and somebody else interested on the forum said they were in Sydney or Melbourne.

Cheers,

Norb.

Hi Norbert,

I co-ordinated the last group buy from Syncro Services in Germany.

We shipped 35 wheels at a cost of around $720 for a set of 6. Predicting the final cost was hard as shipping, duties and storage were very unpredictable, especially after they arrive into port. Peter stored the wheels and arranged pickup individually from there.

A set of 6 wheels from Mick Motors was $1030 plus $100 shipping when I last got a quote.

If you need any other info I have some spreadsheets I can share with you.

Cheers.

Jon.

On 25/05/2014, at 3:27 PM, norbert.schlick@yahoo.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia] <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi Frencesca,

Thanks for the tip.

Cheers,

Norb.

Hi Norbert,

Yes, it is far cheaper to ship the rims as one pallet load than as separate lots. We were lucky that a past member had a warehouse in Central Melbourne where we could hold and distribute them. Three purchasers lived nearby and the other two made their own arrangements to collect. We had people interested from WA but they dropped out because it was not going to be economical for them because of transportation.

I also saw that Syncro Services is not listing the rims on their site any longer. I am sure they will get back to you to let you know whether they still have some in stock.

Best,

Francesca.

--
Francesca Coles
0431 195453 | 9489 2774