4x4 Improvement

Hi all,
what would be the single best 4x4 improvement to my standard Syncro?
Any sugestions?
Harry
I would say bigger wheels/ tyres and a rear diff-lock. For those two you get better ground clearance/ entry/ departure angles and much better traction.

Scott

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 3:33 PM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] 4x4 Improvement

Hi all,
Any sugestions?
Harry

in relation to ?
ride
performance
comfort
4x4 extras
bob dale

Hi Harry,

Would not know of a single best, it all depends, Did you perhaps win the lottery!  However, what I would do,  I would check the left hand Cabin door and see if  Volkswagen in it’s generosity has installed a courtesy light switch into that hole there..... if  not you might buy one or , wait there are options, you nick one from an old fridge and fit one ..... Little or no cost and great outcome!

Happy travelling   hartmut    PS Theo and Christine are on their way North and stay for a stopover at our River frontage at Port Macquarie

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of harryschrepfer
Sent: Wednesday, 2 December 2009 3:34 PM
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] 4x4 Improvement

Hi all,
Any sugestions?
Harry

Hartmut,
thanks for the great suggestion, I am already looking for a fridge. Had just an idea, how about putting 4 wheels on the fridge, hey presto 4x4 fridge.
Harry

Sent: Wed, 2 December, 2009 9:17:50 PM
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] 4x4 Improvement

Hi Harry,

Would not know of a single best, it all depends, Did you perhaps win the lottery!  However, what I would do,  I would check the left hand Cabin door and see if  Volkswagen in it’s generosity has installed a courtesy light switch into that hole there..... if  not you might buy one or , wait there are options, you nick one from an old fridge and fit one ..... Little or no cost and great outcome!

Happy travelling   hartmut    PS Theo and Christine are on their way North and stay for a stopover at our River frontage at Port Macquarie

From: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com [mailto:Syncro_ T3_Australia@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of harryschrepfer
To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] 4x4 Improvement

Hi all,
Any sugestions?
Harry

See what's on at the movies in your area. Find out now.

Great idea Harry, please stock with beer and come for a stay at our shack, maybe Christmas, ?? Scotty and Friends will be there too!! hartmut

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Harry Schrepfer
Sent: Wednesday, 2 December 2009 9:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] 4x4 Improvement

Hartmut,

thanks for the great suggestion, I am already looking for a fridge. Had just an idea, how about putting 4 wheels on the fridge, hey presto 4x4 fridge.

Harry

Hi Harry,

From: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com [mailto:Syncro_ T3_Australia@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of harryschrepfer

Hi all,
Any sugestions?
Harry

Hartmut,
It's easy enough to fit a LH door switch.
Question is though .... is there a switch wire there?
Somehow I have my doubts.
Ken

Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 02:34:40 -0800

Hartmut,
Harry

Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] 4x4 Improvement

Hi Harry,

Hi all,
Any sugestions?
Harry

Check out Domain Radar NOW! A world FIRST in property search has arrived!
Harry,howzit.Theres not nuch a Syncro cant do,trust me, Ive embaressed many of Hilux(on sand,in mud,in water)I reckon the best improvement is to learn how to drive it.Ground clearance has to be a good one.More torque would also be nice.Good shocks and tyres have made heaps of difference.
Just point it in the right direction,lock the diff,flatten the accelerator,(with nice smooth gear changes,of course),and dont worry about damaging anything!You can do anything,(just about).I have never been towed out of anything.

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "harryschrepfer" <harryschrepfer@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> what would be the single best 4x4 improvement to my standard Syncro?
> Any sugestions?
> Harry
>
Hartmut,
lovley idea, I am worried about one thing will I make it in the fridge with the cold beer or freeze to death, or will the beer get too warm.Where ever you look difficult questions.
Harry

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Hartmut Kiehn" <hartis@...> wrote:
>
> Great idea Harry, please stock with beer and come for a stay at our shack, maybe Christmas, ?? Scotty and Friends will be there too!! hartmut
>
>
>
> From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Harry Schrepfer
> Sent: Wednesday, 2 December 2009 9:35 PM
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] 4x4 Improvement
>
>
>
>
>
> Hartmut,
>
> thanks for the great suggestion, I am already looking for a fridge. Had just an idea, how about putting 4 wheels on the fridge, hey presto 4x4 fridge.
>
> Harry
>
>
>
> _____
>
> From: Hartmut Kiehn <hartis@...>
> Sent: Wed, 2 December, 2009 9:17:50 PM
> Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] 4x4 Improvement
>
>
>
> Hi Harry,
>
>
>
> Would not know of a single best, it all depends, Did you perhaps win the lottery! However, what I would do, I would check the left hand Cabin door and see if Volkswagen in it’s generosity has installed a courtesy light switch into that hole there..... if not you might buy one or , wait there are options, you nick one from an old fridge and fit one ..... Little or no cost and great outcome!
>
>
>
> Happy travelling hartmut PS Theo and Christine are on their way North and stay for a stopover at our River frontage at Port Macquarie
>
>
>
> From: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com [mailto:Syncro_ T3_Australia@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of harryschrepfer
> Sent: Wednesday, 2 December 2009 3:34 PM
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] 4x4 Improvement
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi all,
> Any sugestions?
> Harry
>
>
>
> _____
>
> See what's on at the movies in your area. Find out now <http://au.rd.yahoo.com/movies/mailtagline/*http:/au.movies.yahoo.com/session-times/> .
>

Have my doubts too Ken, knowing VW, they made the switch a multi Deutsch Mark option because the wiring might have cost them more then the 87 Pfennig  (cents) switch.............hart

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ken Garratt
Sent: Wednesday, 2 December 2009 9:44 PM
To: Syncro _T3_Australia forum

Hartmut,
It's easy enough to fit a LH door switch.
Question is though .... is there a switch wire there?
Somehow I have my doubts.
Ken

Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 02:34:40 -0800

Hartmut,

Harry

Hi Harry,

Hi all,
Any sugestions?
Harry

Check out Domain Radar NOW! A world FIRST in property search has arrived!

Harry/Hart,

If you put a camper conversion on the fridge you could make it a Westinghouse!!

More seriously a couple of relatively cheap suggestions for sand and mud although both need a bit more physical effort than pulling out a diff lock knob..
Having had my syncro with rear diff lock engaged, 16" wheels and Hankook A/T tyres really struggling to get back over the dunes on a remote W.A. beach, my suggestion is to invest in a quality high capacity aircompressor to allow you to return your tyre pressures after dropping them to something appropriate for sand. When I did this I got out first attempt whereas until then my underwear was becoming decidedly clammy. Aldi from time to time have had 70 lpm ones for around $75.
In the past I've also had good experience using chains to get through mud and therefore carried a pair mounted on my 2 spares when we went up to Cape York. However didn't come close to needing them but it might have been a different story if it had rained. Chains are of course also handy in snow. Just picked up a pair of almost new high quality Italian Koniq mud and snow ones on E Bay for $105.
Cheers
Roger

--- On Wed, 2/12/09, Harry Schrepfer <harryschrepfer@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

Received: Wednesday, 2 December, 2009, 6:34 PM

Hartmut,
Harry

Hi Harry,

Hi all,
Any sugestions?
Harry

Last chance to win a Sony entertainment pack thanks to Yahoo!7. Hurry, ends Nov 30. Enter now.
Roger,
like your advise.
Harry

Sent: Thu, 3 December, 2009 1:40:30 AM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] 4x4 Improvement [1 Attachment]

Harry/Hart,

If you put a camper conversion on the fridge you could make it a Westinghouse! !

More seriously a couple of relatively cheap suggestions for sand and mud although both need a bit more physical effort than pulling out a diff lock knob..
Having had my syncro with rear diff lock engaged, 16" wheels and Hankook A/T tyres really struggling to get back over the dunes on a remote W.A. beach, my suggestion is to invest in a quality high capacity aircompressor to allow you to return your tyre pressures after dropping them to something appropriate for sand. When I did this I got out first attempt whereas until then my underwear was becoming decidedly clammy. Aldi from time to time have had 70 lpm ones for around $75.
In the past I've also had good experience using chains to get through mud and therefore carried a pair mounted on my 2 spares when we went up to Cape York. However didn't come close to needing them but it might have been a different story if it had rained. Chains are of course also handy in snow. Just picked up a pair of almost new high quality Italian Koniq mud and snow ones on E Bay for $105.
Cheers
Roger

--- On Wed, 2/12/09, Harry Schrepfer <harryschrepfer@ yahoo.com. au> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] 4x4 Improvement
Received: Wednesday, 2 December, 2009, 6:34 PM

Hartmut,
Harry

Hi Harry,

Hi all,
Any sugestions?
Harry

Last chance to win a Sony entertainment pack thanks to Yahoo!7. Hurry, ends Nov 30. Enter now.

Hi Roger,what wheels do you run,what off-set do they have.Also what is the tyre size of your Hancooks?Dropping your tyre pressures to less than 20 psi is great advice.A good compressor is essential for any 4x4 tool box.(dont know about an aldi one).Previously,I have had no trouble on sand with roadies dropped to 10 psi.More recently I reversed up the dunes at boat harbour with A/T tyres with 20 psi.The park ranger told me he had never seen anyone do it before.

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, Roger Bell <bellrmit@...> wrote:
>
> Harry/Hart,
> Â
> If you put a camper conversion on the fridge you could make it a Westinghouse!!
> Â
> More seriously a couple of relatively cheap suggestions for sand and mud although both need a bit more physical effort than pulling out a diff lock knob..
> Having had my syncro with rear diff lock engaged, 16" wheels and Hankook A/T tyres really struggling to get back over the dunes on a remote W.A. beach, my suggestion is to invest in a quality high capacity aircompressor to allow you to return your tyre pressures after dropping them to something appropriate for sand. When I did this I got out first attempt whereas until then my underwear was becoming decidedly clammy. Aldi from time to time have had 70 lpm ones for around $75.
> In the past I've also had good experience using chains to get through mud and therefore carried a pair mounted on my 2 spares when we went up to Cape York. However didn't come close to needing them but it might have been a different story if it had rained. Chains are of course also handy in snow. Just picked up a pair of almost new high quality Italian Koniq mud and snow ones on E Bay for $105.
> Cheers
> Roger
>
>
> --- On Wed, 2/12/09, Harry Schrepfer <harryschrepfer@...> wrote:
>
>
> From: Harry Schrepfer <harryschrepfer@...>
> Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] 4x4 Improvement
> Received: Wednesday, 2 December, 2009, 6:34 PM
>
>
> Â
>
>
>
>
>
> Hartmut,
> thanks for the great suggestion, I am already looking for a fridge. Had just an idea, how about putting 4 wheels on the fridge, hey presto 4x4 fridge.
> Harry
>
>
>
>
>
> From: Hartmut Kiehn <hartis@live. com.au>
> Sent: Wed, 2 December, 2009 9:17:50 PM
> Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] 4x4 Improvement
>
> Â
>
>
>
> Hi Harry,
> Â
> Would not know of a single best, it all depends, Did you perhaps win the lottery! However, what I would do, I would check the left hand Cabin door and see if Volkswagen in it’s generosity has installed a courtesy light switch into that hole there..... if  not you might buy one or , wait there are options, you nick one from an old fridge and fit one ..... Little or no cost and great outcome!
> Â
> Happy travelling  hartmut   PS Theo and Christine are on their way North and stay for a stopover at our River frontage at Port Macquarie
> Â
>
>
> From: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com [mailto:Syncro_ T3_Australia@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of harryschrepfer
> Sent: Wednesday, 2 December 2009 3:34 PM
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] 4x4 Improvement
> Â
> Â
>
>
>
> Hi all,
> Any sugestions?
> Harry
>
>
>
>
> See what's on at the movies in your area. Find out now.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> __________________________________________________________________________________
> Last chance to win a Sony entertainment pack thanks to Yahoo!7. Hurry, ends Nov 30. Enter now: http://au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/
>