accelerator cable

Just hoping someone can give me the correct part # for a syncro accelerator cable. I have bought a new one from Mick Motors with part #252 721 555S but the ends dont match the one I am replacing.
Any help appreciated!
> greg_navarro95 <greg_navarro95@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Just hoping someone can give me the correct part # for a syncro
> accelerator cable. I have bought a new one from Mick Motors with part
> #252 721 555S but the ends dont match the one I am replacing.
> Any help appreciated!

That appears to be the correct part # for a 2.1 syncro.
Hi guys

My gearbox has been making a whining noise that to my paranoid ears seems a little louder of late.

It is load dependent but only happens in 4th gear. If i'm travelling at about 40kmh and shift from 3rd to 4th the noise begins, if i shift back down to 3rd it goes away. It isn't that bad but obviously i'm keen to deal with it before i have a catastrophic failure.

My syncro is a 1.6TD which is a pretty noisy engine so it is hard to tell how bad it is. The box shifts smoothly and works fine otherwise. I have no propshaft connected and have changed the oil in the last year. The van has travelled 130k miles (approx 210k kilometres). I have most of the receipts and service records from new so i'm pretty sure the box has never been out.

Any thoughts and suggestions on likely faults and suggestions on who could tackle the repair in Melbourne? I think if i'm going to end up with the box out i'd like to try and include some improvements. The South African oiling plates for example.

Cheers
Gary

[2 0 / 2 1 Design]
28 Gwynne St
Richmond
Vic 3121
gary@twentytwentyone.net
www.twentytwentyone.net
Tel 3 9429 1868
Fax 3 9421 1110
Mob 0417 352782

Gday Greg,

I bought a new cable earlier this year as a spare, the invoice showed the same VW part number, also on mine, the cable is stamped "GEMO GERMANY 434 860 12 08". I assume the "12 08" part is the manufacturing date. So Greg, are we talking the same replacement cable? If so, we can then compare old and new etc.

Also, did your cable break and if so, where exactly? Might be useful to check, especially if the cable has a known weak point.

Cheers.

Ken   

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 11:23:50 +0000
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] accelerator cable

Just hoping someone can give me the correct part # for a syncro accelerator cable. I have bought a new one from Mick Motors with part #252 721 555S but the ends dont match the one I am replacing.
Any help appreciated!

Click here to find out more POP access for Hotmail is here!