Ah, the agony!!

And now I have an exhaust stud pulling out of a head!

Ah, the joys of owning a Syncro!

Les

Oh dear! Bad luck, Les. What are your plans from here?

Francesca.

On 20 September 2011 14:20, syncroaustralia <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

And now I have an exhaust stud pulling out of a head!

Les

Mercifully, there is a wonderful invention called a Helicoil that will fix this.  And, doubly mercifully, it is the top stud on number 3 cylinder, so I can actually get to it without having to drop the engine out!

Les 

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Francesca Coles
Sent: 20 September 2011 14:37
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Ah, the agony!!

Francesca.

On 20 September 2011 14:20, syncroaustralia <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

Les

My initial reaction was to nominate ‘suicide’ as the best option but then I had second thoughts . . .

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Les Harris
Sent: 20 September 2011 14:41
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Ah, the agony!!

Mercifully, there is a wonderful invention called a Helicoil that will fix this.  And, doubly mercifully, it is the top stud on number 3 cylinder, so I can actually get to it without having to drop the engine out!

Les 

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Francesca Coles
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Ah, the agony!

Francesca.

Les

PLEASE HELP!!!!! Hey i share your pain Les,sorry  to hijack your post.....can someone please tell me  how i go to the homepage to log in?? I’m trying to search for an old post but cant remember what to do or how to log  in...i recieve emails OK,but cant remember anything else LOL.....I’ve bought another PC since originally setting up my account which “remembered” all the log in stuff.....please help....

Michael Hutchinson,Townsville,getting hot under the collar to match my PC frustrations...88 Syncro still going strong...

Relieved to hear that. Some Beck's followed by a little lie-down is definitely a better option (and then reaching for the tools).

Francesca.

On 20 September 2011 14:42, Les Harris <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

My initial reaction was to nominate ‘suicide’ as the best option but then I had second thoughts . . .

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Les Harris
Sent: 20 September 2011 14:41

Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Ah, the agony!!

Mercifully, there is a wonderful invention called a Helicoil that will fix this. And, doubly mercifully, it is the top stud on number 3 cylinder, so I can actually get to it without having to drop the engine out!

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Francesca Coles
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Ah, the agony!

Francesca.

Les

makes me wonder if your  exhaust pipe is warped and pulling on the stud.
Normally they don't just 'pull out.'

I'll also share another belief of mine..
that bracket at the forward middle underside of the engine..
that holds the forward exhaust pipe in the middle...to a bracket, which is bolted to the engine ..
and sometimes to the left forward lower engine mounting stud.

I'm not totally convinced that bracket there is so smart ..
I have seen that engine mounting stud broken off...and suspect tension develops on the exhaust pipes ...leading to things like pulled out studs.
 Something to consider.
Scott

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 9:20 PM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Ah, the agony!!

Les

Scott,

Yes, you are 100% right and I am a 100% dill for not having fixed it ages ago.

It was a case of being too lazy to assemble to oxy set and do a proper stress relieving job on that pipe.   I don’t have the oxy set on a readily accessible trolley and have to assemble it for the few occasions that I want to weld or braze something but it still serves me right.

I will Helicoil it AND do the do the self-realigning with a suitable patch of cherry red pipe!

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Scott Daniel - Turbovans
Sent: 20 September 2011 14:59

that holds the forward exhaust pipe in the middle...to a bracket, which is bolted to the engine ..

I have seen that engine mounting stud broken off...and suspect tension develops on the exhaust pipes ...leading to things like pulled out studs.

Something to consider.

Scott

Thanks, Les. I was querying that spelling in my head, so good to have sorted the Beck's from the Bex (fortunately no need for it so far). I think what I probably had in mind was that nice German brand of beer 'Becks'. Might not be a bad alternative!

Francesca.

On 20 September 2011 14:58, Scott Daniel - Turbovans <ScottDaniel@turbovans.com> wrote:

makes me wonder if your exhaust pipe is warped and pulling on the stud.
Something to consider.
Scott

Les

Beck's is great beer !
regular or dark.
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 10:19 PM

Thanks, Les. I was querying that spelling in my head, so good to have sorted the Beck's from the Bex (fortunately no need for it so far). I think what I probably had in mind was that nice German brand of beer 'Becks'. Might not be a bad alternative!

Francesca.

On 20 September 2011 14:58, Scott Daniel - Turbovans <ScottDaniel@turbovans.com> wrote:

Something to consider.
Scott

Les

Michael,

You might have a few more problems than you think.   When I clicked on Reply, I got the following window:

I have never seen this before and it is probably coming from your email settings.   After setting up a barrier, I gave the OK to download the pictures but nothing opened. 

To log on to the Yahoo website, you need whatever user name and password you originally created when you first joined; whilst I can access your user name, I can’t access your password.   If you have lost them, the quickest way back in is to go through the Yahoo joining process again.   This will come back to me and I will process it immediately.

As a matter of interest, I run Norton Internet Security and have done since it was Symantec (and came on floppy discs!).   This has an exceptionally useful function called Identity Safe, on which you can log all of your user names and passwords.   Identify Safe is opened by a single password (and don’t forget that one or you are history!).   When you then open anything that needs a password, it automatically fills in the user name and password.   It is readily transportable between computers.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Michael Hutchinson
Sent: 20 September 2011 14:46
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Ah, the agony!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!! Hey i share your pain Les,sorry  to hijack your post.....can someone please tell me  how i go to the homepage to log in?? I’m trying to search for an old post but cant remember what to do or how to log  in...i recieve emails OK,but cant remember anything else LOL.....I’ve bought another PC since originally setting up my account which “remembered” all the log in stuff.....please help....

Michael Hutchinson,Townsville,getting hot under the collar to match my PC frustrations...88 Syncro still going strong...

Hey Les thanx for that. I also run Nortons ,the problem was my PC died!!!I just remembered my username so ill try again shortly....if I didn't have so many email addresses it would be an easy life!!!! Thank god for Blackberrys!!! At least I still receive emails..........

Thanx
Michael 88 Syncro

Michael Hutchinson, Townsville, 88 Syncro, Manx buggys all powered by SUBARU!!!!!!!

Sender: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 16:58:10 +1000
To: <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
ReplyTo: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Ah, the agony!!

Michael,

You might have a few more problems than you think.   When I clicked on Reply, I got the following window:

I have never seen this before and it is probably coming from your email settings.   After setting up a barrier, I gave the OK to download the pictures but nothing opened. 

To log on to the Yahoo website, you need whatever user name and password you originally created when you first joined; whilst I can access your user name, I can’t access your password.   If you have lost them, the quickest way back in is to go through the Yahoo joining process again.   This will come back to me and I will process it immediately.

As a matter of interest, I run Norton Internet Security and have done since it was Symantec (and came on floppy discs!).   This has an exceptionally useful function called Identity Safe, on which you can log all of your user names and passwords.   Identify Safe is opened by a single password (and don’t forget that one or you are history!).   When you then open anything that needs a password, it automatically fills in the user name and password.   It is readily transportable between computers.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Michael Hutchinson
Sent: 20 September 2011 14:46
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Ah, the agony!!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorted and back in business!!
--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, subimanx@... wrote:
>
> Hey Les thanx for that. I also run Nortons ,the problem was my PC died!!!I just remembered my username so ill try again shortly....if I didn't have so many email addresses it would be an easy life!!!! Thank god for Blackberrys!!! At least I still receive emails..........
>
> Thanx
> Michael 88 Syncro
> Michael Hutchinson, Townsville, 88 Syncro, Manx buggys all powered by SUBARU!!!!!!!
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: "Les Harris" <leslieharris@...>
> Sender: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 16:58:10
> To: <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
> Reply-To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Ah, the agony!!
>
> Michael,
>
> You might have a few more problems than you think. When I clicked on
> Reply, I got the following window:
>
>
>
>
>
> I have never seen this before and it is probably coming from your email
> settings. After setting up a barrier, I gave the OK to download the
> pictures but nothing opened.
>
> To log on to the Yahoo website, you need whatever user name and password you
> originally created when you first joined; whilst I can access your user
> name, I can't access your password. If you have lost them, the quickest
> way back in is to go through the Yahoo joining process again. This will
> come back to me and I will process it immediately.
>
> As a matter of interest, I run Norton Internet Security and have done since
> it was Symantec (and came on floppy discs!). This has an exceptionally
> useful function called Identity Safe, on which you can log all of your user
> names and passwords. Identify Safe is opened by a single password (and
> don't forget that one or you are history!). When you then open anything
> that needs a password, it automatically fills in the user name and password.
> It is readily transportable between computers.
>
> Les
>
> _____
>
> From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Michael Hutchinson
> Sent: 20 September 2011 14:46
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Ah, the agony!!
>
>
>
>
>
> PLEASE HELP!!!!! Hey i share your pain Les,sorry to hijack your
> post.....can someone please tell me how i go to the homepage to log in??
> I'm trying to search for an old post but cant remember what to do or how to
> log in...i recieve emails OK,but cant remember anything else LOL.....I've
> bought another PC since originally setting up my account which "remembered"
> all the log in stuff.....please help....
>
>
>
> Michael Hutchinson,Townsville,getting hot under the collar to match my PC
> frustrations...88 Syncro still going strong...
>