Carbon Filter

I am experiencing a smell of petrol in the passenger side rear wheel arch where the carbon filter is located.  Any suggestions as to where this smell of petrol could be coming from?  Can anyone tell me if these carbon filters should be replaced after a certain time and are they available and if so where from?

Regards,

David.

WA

David,

I think we all have carbon filters - full of little carbon balls. Not sure if you can refill them - anything's possible if you can get the carbon stuff?

I would check you fuel lines - these syncros are all getting on a bit and the fuel lines will be deteriorating.

Cheers,

Skot

On 13/12/2013 8:51 PM, David Beckley wrote:

I am experiencing a smell of petrol in the passenger side rear wheel arch where the carbon filter is located.  Any suggestions as to where this smell of petrol could be coming from?  Can anyone tell me if these carbon filters should be replaced after a certain time and are they available and if so where from?

Regards,

David.

WA

David, hi, the smell will possibly originate from f/lines or connections of filter or pump . Both are in the vicinity of the carbon canister. Hart

Sent from my WalkingStick!

On 13/12/2013, at 9:11 PM, spbconsulting@bigpond.com wrote:

David,

I think we all have carbon filters - full of little carbon balls. Not sure if you can refill them - anything's possible if you can get the carbon stuff?

I would check you fuel lines - these syncros are all getting on a bit and the fuel lines will be deteriorating.

Cheers,

Skot

On 13/12/2013 8:51 PM, David Beckley wrote:

Regards,

David.

WA

David,

I had the same smell and replaced the lines. I found the ones I removed to be severly deteriorated.

PK

Gold Coast

David,

I had the same smell and replaced the lines. I found the ones I removed to be severly deteriorated.

PK

Gold Coast
Hey Guys, Read an article that stated that the ethanol in blended fuel can affect rubber ? Not sure if that's correct but I noticed my fuel line was weeping as well.
Regards Pete

On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 12:03 AM, <peter.kolevas@gmail.com> wrote:

David,

PK

Gold Coast

Hey Peter, didn't know that they mix that stuff into 95 or 98 ? Do they ? Because that's what we are supposed to fill up with .
Hart

On 13/12/2013, at 8:51 PM, David Beckley wrote:

Regards,

David.

WA

You want to avoid e10 in our buses as the fuel components were not built to resist ethanol. The Americans are having it forced on them. They even have people campaigning for e85 in non flex fuel vehicles. Ethanol won't damage your whole fuel system it may even be beneficial to some components but who wants to be half way up big red with two seized injectors and a massive $5.40 in fuel saving in your pocket. The other thing is ethanol seriously reduces fuel economy.   

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, 14 December 2013 1:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Carbon Filter

Hey Peter, didn't know that they mix that stuff into 95 or 98 ? Do they ? Because that's what we are supposed to fill up with .
Hart

Regards,

David.
WA

Hey Guys, There is some history of additives causing issues with diesel pump seals recently by BP I think they tried to limit sulphur content or something. ........Pete

On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Hartmut <hartis@live.com.au> wrote:

Hart

I am experiencing a smell of petrol in the passenger side rear wheel arch where the carbon filter is located. Any suggestions as to where this smell of petrol could be coming from? Can anyone tell me if these carbon filters should be replaced after a certain time and are they available and if so where from?

Regards,

David.

WA